IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MTV & Harmonix Invent Guitar, Drum and Singing Collaboration Game, Internet Dumbfounded By Spark Of Originality
PkerUNO
post Apr 2 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #1

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

MTV and Harmonix today announced "Rock Band", a brand new videogame for Xbox 360 and PS3 that's so cool it will leave you begging for more! Through special add-on peripherals (sold separately) - a Lead Guitar, a Bass Guitar, a Microphone and a Drum Kit, players will be able to "jam session" over the Internet, actually PLAYING a real rock song!

"You could have one guitarist in Germany and another one in Texas, a drummer in New York and a singer from somewhere else, and they can play together online"

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-0...rock-band_N.htm

Personally I think it's amazing to see what technology can do these days. I bet you never thought this would have been possible 8 years ago!

--------------------
PkerUNO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Apr 2 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #2

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

What's sad is I bet those crappy Japanese games (with the 2D graphics and only 3 buttons on the guitar) have already ripped this concept off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Apr 2 2007, 02:27 AM
Post #3

Banned Routine

All right! No doubt incredibly shitty liscences ahoy!, not to mention sharing all the energy that comes from playing music/music games with other people over an internet connection! I'm fucking stoked!

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Apr 2 2007, 02:31 AM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'm imagining all these people in a darkened IRC channel and then the lights come on and they start playing Dear My Friend while typing "/me rocks out" to every exaggerated note

edit: I just love this article

Music games won't be solo gigs anymore
In most previous music games, almost every song is done by a cover band.
Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter expects music gaming to grow. "Socially interactive musical games will work well, especially if they have a 'party game' aspect to them," he says.

This just in: "Music games" apparently means "Guitar Hero" only

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Apr 2 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #5

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Hey guys let's all be really insecure about our choice of music game and trash something that's not even out yet

go

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Apr 2 2007, 03:46 AM
Post #6

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'm just sending up the inevitable comparisons tongue.gif That, and the article being dumb. If GH is anything to go by then it will probably be a good game but the fanbase will be insufferable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BG_Hojo72
post Apr 2 2007, 06:00 AM
Post #7

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Apr 2 2007, 01:46 AM) *
I'm just sending up the inevitable comparisons tongue.gif That, and the article being dumb. If GH is anything to go by then it will probably be a good game but the fanbase will be insufferable.

agreed. nice to know that whenever i start too have too much faith in the human race, i can counter it by browsing Guitar Hero boards on GameFAQs.

Whoops, I meant "any board on the entirety of GameFAQs."

...i just hope the drum controller isn't horseshit

--------------------

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Apr 2 2007, 06:13 AM
Post #8

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I really hope that when Harmonix went to cop... ehm, research drum games in Japan, they took Toy's March as the example to follow.

That would be entertaining.

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post Apr 2 2007, 06:22 AM
Post #9

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Needs more Keyboardmania clone.

+Quote Post
Moogy
post Apr 2 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #10

善悪相殺

Haha, American music games.

Haha, American games.

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Apr 2 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #11

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QQ more, haters.

While I can't deny that there is an uninformed lot that aren't privy to all of Bemani and think GH predates GF, there's still the fact that a lot of people don't like Japanese music games because they don't like Japanese music. They want to play songs they know and love. Even if it's a mislead following, I'm happy that GH was able to get more Americans playing music games than any Konami title has been able to. Even one of my closest friends refuses to play anyl Japanese music game, but can whoop me in GH.
And myself, I still enjoy GH over GF and it's mainly because I can play classic rock that I can also hear on the radio.

That all said.. did they just say that the bass and lead guitars are gonna be separate controllers?! Man that's stupid if that's how it plays out. ;P

QUOTE(rmz @ Apr 2 2007, 04:37 AM) *
Hey guys let's all be really insecure about our choice of music game and trash something that's not even out yet

go

QFT

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Apr 2 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #12

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Apr 2 2007, 08:00 AM) *
That all said.. did they just say that the bass and lead guitars are gonna be separate controllers?! Man that's stupid if that's how it plays out. ;P

Well, it's just gonna be really expensive if you want buy multiple controllers. You're going to have to pick and choose I suppose. I'm interested in seeing how their drum controller ends up.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Apr 2 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #13

Banned Routine

I like Guitar Hero's gameplay. I just think this, especially the online bit, is a terrible fucking idea. I mean, think about it, would you want to session over the internet with GFDM? No, that'd be dumb as hell. It'd just be like having the game be your partner, except the game would probably mess up a lot.

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Apr 2 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #14

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Apr 2 2007, 11:05 AM) *
I like Guitar Hero's gameplay. I just think this, especially the online bit, is a terrible fucking idea. I mean, think about it, would you want to session over the internet with GFDM? No, that'd be dumb as hell. It'd just be like having the game be your partner, except the game would probably mess up a lot.

Nothing beats having everyone there, but being able to link up with people over the net sure beats not being able to play with anyone at all if you want to session. Though lag/connection issues could be a pain in a music game, but thankfully GH has a loose timing window.

So I figure chances are slim that they'll support MIDI drumsets via MIDI->USB adaptor

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Apr 2 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #15

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Apr 2 2007, 09:05 AM) *
I mean, think about it, would you want to session over the internet with GFDM?

Actually, yes I would. Then I could play with more friends that way. I don't care if we suck, it's for fun.

+Quote Post
randomusername
post Apr 2 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #16

The Shadow

Session mode over the internet = LAG.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Apr 2 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #17

Banned Routine

QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Apr 2 2007, 12:02 PM) *
Actually, yes I would. Then I could play with more friends that way. I don't care if we suck, it's for fun.

For me, not being in immediate proximity to the other players would just kill everything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Apr 2 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #18

all jew (about damaging it)

Man, what the hell? This sounds like it could be really great, guys. It could also be nothing more than a cynical ploy to pump new media into your homes and directly into your brain, but I'll hope for the best at this point.
QUOTE("Xythar")
If DDR, Pop'n Music, IIDX, GF/DM and Guitar Hero are anything to go by then it will probably be a good game but the fanbase will be insufferable.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Apr 2 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #19

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

The website is like a differently coloured MySpace. Oh god.

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Apr 2 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #20

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

I never saw the point of online multiplayer for music games. Makes about as much as sense as online Super Mario Bros.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2021 - 08:20 PM