As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Radio Edit) / Motorcycle
Block Rockin' Beats / The Chemical Brothers
Genie In A Bottle / nc ft. NRG Factory
I will Survive / AKIRA feat.Daline
Oops!...I Did It Again / AKIRA feat.Susan Z
Play That Funky Music / wg feat. Tony L
PASSION OF LOVE / NAOKI feat. PAULA TERRY
Polovtsian Dances And Chorus / Naoto Suzuki feat. Martha
Saturday Night Love / Sota feat. Brenda V. (the "Funk Boogie" of this mix, if you will)
SEDUCTION / nc ft. FINALFORCE
TOMORROW / nc ft. Dreamscanner
You gotta move it (feat. Julie Rugaard) / Yuzo Koshiro
MARIA(I believe...) / NAOKI feat. PAULA TERRY
INJECTION OF LOVE(e) / AKIRA YAMAOKA
Make A Difference / Lala Moore with CoCoRo*Co
You Sexy Thing / Hot Chocolate
HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH (German Election Mix) / JULIA
Let's Dance / DAVID BOWIE
Choo Choo TRAIN / J-POP
EVERYDAY AT THE BUS STOP / J-POP
Baile Le Samba / Big Idea (from DDR Ultramix 2)
DoLL - TERRA (from beatmania IIDX 10th Style)
fly through the night - Mr. T (from beatmania IIDX 6th Style/Ultramix 2)
19, November - good-cool (from beatmania IIDX 6th Style/Ultramix 2)
LOVE IS ORANGE - Orange Lounge (from beatmania IIDX 8th Style/DDR EXTREME 2)

Everything not in blue was in EXTREME 2. It looks like it'll be the (obviously superior) follow-up to Festival with the Ultramix 2 KOs this time, along with Konami being a bastard by adding new KOs (i.e. DoLL).

Love is Orange is not really one of the songs announced on the site yet, but it was shown pretty much completely at TGS 2005 so I don't see why it wouldn't be in there.

And no, you're not seeing things: Injection of Love is edited for this mix. While we got the silent treatment, it's rumored IoL will be given English vocals or something for STRIKE.

Some notables:

-Dance Master Mode: Play through an area where challenges are presented to you. Think of it as Mission Mode, but instead of things going HOLY SHIT, HARD, these missions are really, truly intended for your feet. Go through stuff like "Play x song with 1.5x, Reverse, using the Oni lifebar" or "Finish x course with 150 OKs". Annnnnnd to make things better, this is the only place where you can really unlock, oh, say, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. Not only do you play a mission to make a new item show up, but to even use the new unlockable in the first place, you must buy it... In other words, you must make your unlock available first before you can truly unlock it.

-Points Unlock System: Each song, mission, or course you do in STRIKE will earn you points to use in the game's Shop mode. This is how you earn your songs, courses, dancers, Dance Master items, and other things. Songs and courses are reasonably priced, so don't worry.

-Each song has its own unique BG movie. Yup, no two songs share bg movies anymore. This means in-between EXTREME 2, (Dancing Stage) MAX, and STRIKE, there are movies we'll never see...unless you rip them for us. Please?

-Free Play Mode is the typical Game Mode we all know and love...on permanent Event Mode. Yup, there's infinite stages and nothing you can do about it. No more Extra Stage or Encore Extra Stage.

-Workout Mode. Duh.

-Advanced Mode contains four modes:
+Course: This is where Nonstop and Oni are. You can actually choose your method of play by which lifebar type you want (normal or battery). Also more interesting is that no matter which lifebar you choose, you can play ANY course now. AND Oni lets you choose modifiers if the course allows it.
+Endless: Same Endless we all know. Few changes here, such as Regulation being taken out.
+Survival: This is like Endless except that you can only set the song difficulties you want to see and that's it. The mode uses an Oni lifebar that never replenishes. 4 mistakes and you're out.
+Combo Challenge: Just like Survival except the game is over with just one mistake.

These allow acquiring points. The harder the mode is, the more points you get. *hint hint*

This post has been edited by Reenee: Dec 13 2005, 02:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cubesquared
post Dec 13 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

Some info I picked up the other day (posted originally at http://vjarmy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1970 ):
QUOTE(cubesquared @ Dec 4 2005, 08:28 PM) *
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or under IIdx, but I figure this is more my turf. Check it out:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/nojima-game/407195/668820/

According to this, in addition to having EyeToy compatibility, DDR Strike will be able to link somehow with the home versions of IIdx10, GFDMV, and Pop'n Iroha. Whether this means supersexy music for DDR or shitty-ass music for all the other games is yet to be revealed, but this may be my first PS DDR purchase.

DDR Strike is set for release on February 23rd, the same day as Pop'n Music 12: Iroha. GuitarFreaks V & Drummania V is coming Spring 2006. Beatmania IIdx 10th Style is already in stores.

- cube

P.S. I have nothing against DDR, I'm actually an avid player myself; but one has to admit, for the most part DDR exclusives pale in comparison to songs from the other three games. I've never bought a PS release because I normally stick with the arcade or Stepmania.

The problem is, if my friends come over, should I play the DDR side or the Pop'n side...? By the by, Love Is Orange = cube instantly buys this game. ^^ thanks for the info!

- cube

This post has been edited by cubesquared: Dec 13 2005, 11:27 AM

+Quote Post
Omni
post Dec 13 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #3

Tranoid

QUOTE(Reenee @ Dec 13 2005, 12:18 PM) *
fly through the night - Mr. T (from beatmania IIDX 6th Style/Ultramix 2)
19, November - good-cool (from beatmania IIDX 6th Style/Ultramix 2)
LOVE IS ORANGE - Orange Lounge (from beatmania IIDX 8th Style)

!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Dec 13 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #4

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

Love is Orange was in US DDR Extreme 2.

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
cubesquared
post Dec 13 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Rising in the Sun

O_O Really? How are the stepcharts for that...?

On that note, I've been meaning to ask for a long time; the bemani songs that appear in American mixes (let's say... Rainbow Flyer), are the the steps done by the Japanese or American teams?

I know for sure that the Japanese team doesn't support the American steps, look at DDR Festival...

- cube

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Dec 13 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #6

Iā™„prat fall

I thought this was going to be something special.

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
sanchny
post Dec 13 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #7

The Shadow

QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Dec 13 2005, 12:09 PM) *
Love is Orange was in US DDR Extreme 2.

Yeah, apparently Reenee spends all his time looking for information on the next game instead of playing what was just released. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Reenee
post Dec 13 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

I make a minor omission and you all get pissy about it. I even own the game for crying out loud. I was merely addressing to the beatmania crowd around here.

Love is Orange actually had a Heavy AND Challenge stepchart. The Heavy chart is easy and does some rough following of music. The Challenge chart is with a lot of short streams and steps that lead into jumps.

That should be another aspect you all should expect: Challenge charts for some of the NEWEST KOs (not the ones that showed up in EX2).

This post has been edited by Reenee: Dec 13 2005, 02:35 PM

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Dec 13 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #9

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Love is Orange has a pretty fun challenge stepchart, but the video was just fucked up. sad.gif

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 13 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #10

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Jadin @ Dec 13 2005, 02:22 PM) *
I thought this was going to be something special.

Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

I dunno, I have the impulse to buy this but then I never got around to buying Extreme 2 so I probably won't.

I guess I'll have to think about it. Does EX2 have many songs that this doesn't?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trip Machina
post Dec 13 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #11

The Shadow

QUOTE(Reenee @ Dec 13 2005, 11:48 AM) *

Bastards...I hope that the vid sucks and that the song sound quality is worse than that of the true 10th Style excellence.

I really hope that Konami rules out that Xepher isn't danceable to, as in not being ported to DDR.
I wouldn't mind if the DDR version was totally remixed by Paula Terry though. smile.gif

If they can put DoLL on a DDR game, then they could put Dissolve on there too. >_>

I'm not against BM/IIDX -> DDR (and vice-versa) ports, but DoLL is like a Beatmania IIDX Super Exclusive...should be kept in BMIIDX exclusively; same case with MAX 300, B4U, D2R (lol), etc. etc. >.>

--------------------
All you DDRist's, try Trip Machine with the bass turned up!!

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 13 2005, 05:43 PM
Post #12

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

DoLL has too many fanboys to stay in one game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Dec 13 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #13

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Xythar: This has basically every Extreme 2 Exclusive. There is a huge lack of My My My and Spin Spin Sugar, but otherwise...you could get most of what Extreme 2 has right here, with the added bonus of more IIDX songs! If you can read the Japanese for the missions in Dance Master Mode, then you're set, since you kinda need the missions to unlock stuff.

+Quote Post
cubesquared
post Dec 13 2005, 05:56 PM
Post #14

Rising in the Sun

I think the connectivity to Pop'n and iidx, however that works out, will be worth it.

I hope it doens't only apply for Doll. ._.

- cube

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Dec 13 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #15

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

About the steps for the games, KCET does the steps for all of the PS2 DDR releases. The Konami of Hawaii team (which I guess contains mods or admins or something from DDRFreak?) does all of the Ultramix work.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Dec 13 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #16

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

There's gotta be something else to that because I recall hearing that Ferrari (among others) at Konami USA made some of the steps for Extreme 2 US.

+Quote Post
Reenee
post Dec 13 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #17

Dazzlin' Darlin

DDR EXTREME 2 manual page 47:
STEP DATA CREATORS:
Bryant "Orochi" Kongkachandra
Shane "Miklotov" Leonard (DDR Freak Vivid member)
Matt Mirkovich
Kevin "Jiggens" Mitchell
Mike Ngo
Brian "Lil b" Perez
Anthony "Jammar" Tran

DDR Ultramix 3 STEP DATA CREATORS page 35:
Bryant "Orochi" Kongkachandra
Shane "Miklotov" Leonard
Matt Mirkovich
Kevin "Jiggens" Mitchell
Mike Ngo
Brian "Lil b" Perez
Anthony "Jammar" Tran

They were both under Konami Digital Entertainment, INC. I don't see ANYTHING for Step Data Creators in EXTREME US or MAX2. I lost my Ultramix 2 box but I heard that almost the same group from UM3 was also present for UM2. A different group handles songpack songs too.

This post has been edited by Reenee: Dec 13 2005, 10:17 PM

+Quote Post
rmz
post Dec 13 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #18

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

There's Mr. Jiggens.

+Quote Post
cubesquared
post Dec 14 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #19

Rising in the Sun

So if KCET does all the Japanese CS releases, and the Hawaii team does all the Ultras, where does that leave Extreme 2, which debuted in America...? So confused...

I mean, KCET didn't seem to like Ultra much, considering they retconned all the non-double steps for Ultra 2 in DDR Festival (which I fully approve, I love the Festa version of Analyze and most of the others), will Strike be composed of these "inferior" steps?

- cube

+Quote Post
Reenee
post Dec 14 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #20

Dazzlin' Darlin

It would be IDIOTIC to change these steps. They were simply a joy to play, both single and double. This is mere copy and paste for Konami this time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2021 - 03:22 PM