IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New tool to help you insert your VJA scores using game saves !
vincent
post Sep 29 2005, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hello,

I wrote a tool to update your VJ Army Beatmania IIDX scores, using PS2 game saves.

It is a beta release, and is available here : http://memorymani.com

I'm working together with Remy to add more functionnality, feedback is greatly appreciated smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Sep 29 2005, 11:14 AM
Post #2

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(vincent @ Sep 29 2005, 11:27 AM) *
Hello,

I wrote a tool to update your VJ Army Beatmania IIDX scores, using PS2 game saves.

It is a beta release, and is available here : http://memorymani.com

I'm working together with Remy to add more functionnality, feedback is greatly appreciated smile.gif

That'd be awesome for those of us too lazy to always keep our saves and VJ Army scores in synch... shame I don't have any contraption to get data from my PS2 to my PC. BLAST!

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Sep 29 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #3

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

This the coolest thing. EVER. Does it enter 8th+ scores with Alternate entry?

...now I need to go find a PS2 Dex Drive. O_O

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Sep 29 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

How do you update the scores on the site?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Random
post Sep 29 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #5

Dazzlin' Darlin

Do you need a DexDrive, or will a PS2-FTP program work?

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Sep 29 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #6

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

From the site it looks like it uses the X-Port format (DexDrive is PS1). I think however it is possible to convert from FTP format to X-Port format using some kind of utility (as well as from AR MAX format to X-Port format).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Remy
post Sep 29 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #7

VJ Army is dead or alive

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Sep 29 2005, 06:57 PM) *
How do you update the scores on the site?

The app submits through the same savedata PHP script everyone else goes through, and I believe it's throttled so not to thrash the server.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Sep 30 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Sep 30 2005, 02:29 AM) *
From the site it looks like it uses the X-Port format (DexDrive is PS1). I think however it is possible to convert from FTP format to X-Port format using some kind of utility (as well as from AR MAX format to X-Port format).

There is a conversion utility called ps2savebuilder that does the job wonderfully. I still miss some info about the MAX compression format to implement it directly. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammitch!
post Sep 30 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #9

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

One more idea...

If you could make it spit out XML files this could combine with the offline VJ Army reader/tracker I intend to write when I get the time (which, I just decided, I am so calling Scripted Connection⇒).

--------------------
Ode to RAM
ALL RIGHT, ACT HIGH and LOW
SWITCH to the LAB and FEEL IT SNOW

He had found a Slake-o-Matic machine which had provided him with a compact disc filled with a sound that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike music.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Sep 30 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #10

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(jammitch! @ Sep 30 2005, 04:30 PM) *
One more idea...

If you could make it spit out XML files this could combine with the offline VJ Army reader/tracker I intend to write when I get the time (which, I just decided, I am so calling Scripted Connection⇒).

Actually there is a copy of the XML data saved locally when you connect to VJA using MM. It's location is in the 'save' subfolder.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammitch!
post Sep 30 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #11

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Is it the VJA XML or one based on the memory card?

(I don't have anything to dump cards with so I'm not going to be testing this anytime soon, sorry tongue.gif)

--------------------
Ode to RAM
ALL RIGHT, ACT HIGH and LOW
SWITCH to the LAB and FEEL IT SNOW

He had found a Slake-o-Matic machine which had provided him with a compact disc filled with a sound that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike music.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Sep 30 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #12

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(jammitch! @ Sep 30 2005, 06:24 PM) *
Is it the VJA XML or one based on the memory card?

(I don't have anything to dump cards with so I'm not going to be testing this anytime soon, sorry tongue.gif)

the XML file the one from VJA. I don't need to generate an updated one at this time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azure
post Oct 1 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #13

*Retired*

Holy shit. Time to buy an X-Port so I can finally enter in all my scores without spending AGES biggrin.gif

THANK YOU

--------------------
"A little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring; There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope

user posted image

+Quote Post
Laif
post Oct 6 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #14

Evergreen

Wow, I always wondered if something like this was feasible, but never bothered to say anything about it. Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 7 2005, 05:06 AM
Post #15

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Laif @ Oct 7 2005, 02:01 AM) *
Wow, I always wondered if something like this was feasible, but never bothered to say anything about it. Keep up the good work!

Thank you ! This tool will move on don't worry. Pop'n support is being coded these days...

BTW version 0.3 is available, and fixes the 'uncleared status' bug. Just reupload your scores and things should be fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Isaru
post Oct 8 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #16

Evergreen

Cool program!

You probably already know about this, but it seems that the program only reads the data for genom screams 7K from 9th style, since the 3rd style entry for it on vjarmy only has L7. Not really a big deal though, most people will probably play it more on 9th anyways.

Also, I don't know if other people are having this problem or if it's just because my path is too long or something, but the path to the save games folder on mine always eats the \ slashes after I close the program. For example, I set the path to "F:\My Documents\stuff\PS2 Game Saves\Bemani saves" and when I close and reopen the program it is set to "F:My DocumentsstuffPS2 Game SavesBemani saves".

If you want, I can try to help betatest for linux too. I say try because I've only been using it for about 7-8 months, I use a more beginner friendly distro (SuSE), and I tend to boot in windows most of the time because I game alot and ATI cards don't work well in linux :/. I think I probably know enough to get it to work though, so if you don't have anyone else to help betatest or want more people I will be glad to help.

+Quote Post
Isaru
post Oct 10 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #17

Evergreen

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I've just noticed that after using MemoryMani some of my scores are set to normal play with no mods even though I have the "Keep vjarmy extra data" checked :/. It didn't erase mods on all of the ones it updated, just some of them, and it's not limited to 8th/9th either because deadline was set to normal speed and everything too :?.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I must have messed something up on my side for some of these wierd things to have happened, I'll reinstall everything tomorrow and give it another try. I'm going to just delete all my scores that were entered today, other than the few that I entered myself.

EDIT: Ok now this is just wierd, it seems to have uploaded my bad boy 7K score in the L7 slot somehow o_O. I'm guessing the 7K on 7th might be the L7 on 3rd style. I'm deleting the score, but I saved a screenshot of it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Trogdor08/wtf.jpg

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 10 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #18

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hello,

- I am working right now on Bad Boy and Genom Screams, I was not aware of some ranking modifications between 3rd and 9th ?
- I reproduce the problem of the '\' disapearing from the save game folder
- Could you send me an example of a comment/mod, etc that disappeared ? can you send it at djvinc@gmail.com, along with your 'first_backup_xxx.xml' file (in the 'save' folder), and your gamesaves files ?
Thans for your help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Isaru
post Oct 10 2005, 04:20 AM
Post #19

Evergreen

About the songs that have had notechart changes, I'm probably not the best person to ask about that, I know of a few but there might be some that I don't know about. Only the 8th style another for "The earth light" is ranked on vjarmy, the another that it had on earlier styles had less notes and is not on the vjarmy ranking. The 3rd/9th mixup should only be for genom screams though, it got a new L7 in 9th and the L7 for 3rd is still in the vjarmy ranking, as a L7 only song.

Well, I'm pretty sure I had something to do with some of the weird problems I encountered. I remember when I had first compared the data there were a few things that didn't seem right, but I was in a hurry and I needed to leave so I clicked update anyways, I won't be doing that anymore.

I'll send you the file, but I don't know if it will help at all cause just finished clearing out all the wierd scores :x(because I really think it was user error), if you want you can compare it to that wierd bad boy score though, in that pic it has no mods on, while I know at the time I probably played on at least high speed 2 if it was 3rd or high speed 3 if it was 7th (it is a really old score).

A suggestion to maybe counteract the no mod thing happing with new scores, is to eventually have an option where you could set a base high speed on certain user defined speeds, for example using HS4 on all songs that are <= 170BPM. I know that would probably take a long time to get all the BPMs in there, maybe for now just have a choose default high speed option. This could also work for towel, although it might be better to just have an option to default towel to always on. With these options, someone could set their most comfortable spettings and then just change the few exceptions where they use different ones.

EDIT: Ok, I have reinstalled everything and it seems to be working ok mostly. There are some scores that it wants to update, even though the EX difference is 0, I think this may have been what caused the mod dissapearances. After looking at a few of them, it might be because I have FC/PCed them after getting my high score, therefore the data I have in vjarmy does not have that FC or PC. I will wait for you to respond before I do anything else, I will send you the memory card and xml data from the new install if you want to see it.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 11 2005, 03:53 AM
Post #20

Dazzlin' Darlin

Thank you for your investigation, it helps !
About the hi-speed preferences, I already use the settings saved in the Memory Card.
For the Towel mode, it seems good to create preferences for it, I add this to the wish list. There is already a BPM database so I will use it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 02:32 AM