IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> US/JKOC Parallel Adapter Mod
BLUST OF WIND
post Nov 27 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #1

The Shadow

With the advent of me finally getting a desktop and putting IIDX/LR2 on here, It has become apparent that my USB adapter sucks nuts, so I need to turn my spare controller into a PC only with a parallel adapter on it (no lag is amazing after all, my scores suck balls with lag)

I remember there being a guide somewhere out there, but i can't find it anymore, anyone got that guide or an even better one?

--------------------
<Eijiken> Beggars can't exactly be choosers you know.
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> Beggers can be niggers though
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> :>

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Dec 8 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #2

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Can't you just use an extension cable's female end and wire that to parallel? Pretty pointless to have only one controller work on it.

As for a guide, I basically did this (only I made a 2P adapter) and it works OK with a USKOC:

Using these ppjoy timings:

As an alternative the Pelican PS2->PS3 adapter is the only one I've used that I would say "doesn't suck nuts", it has a little lag but not bad, and most importantly its lag is very consistent with a USKOC, you don't get "wandering lag" that I've noticed on a lot of adapters. There are probably other converters out there that work well but this is the only one I personally can vouch for.

As another alternative, install a USBemani PCB when they're back in stock, there's no lag since they're native USB and no bullshit to configure and they work great with LR2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLUST OF WIND
post Dec 11 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #3

The Shadow

QUOTE (DanAdamKOF @ Dec 8 2013, 05:06 PM) *
As another alternative, install a USBemani PCB when they're back in stock, there's no lag since they're native USB and no bullshit to configure and they work great with LR2.

Yeah as a lazy way out, I decided to go that route and wait for that or just buy one off someone already made. I posted this before I realized i could've just went that route.

--------------------
<Eijiken> Beggars can't exactly be choosers you know.
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> Beggers can be niggers though
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> :>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 10:22 AM