Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IIDX player interview #4 ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
Buffalo
post Dec 2 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #1

The Shadow

Switching gears for a bit in this interview, I wanted to interview someone who's a new comer to the scene and is still dedicated to playing IIDX. ErAseRmoTor maXimUM fit this quite nicely. Hope everyone enjoys this interview!

Velius: How did you get started playing IIDX?

erasormotor: played 5 key at arcade when I was a kid, tried to find iidx in '08. only played 5 key a couple times tho

Velius: ah. so did you play any other bemani game before hand or was it just 5 key?

erasormotor: I played ddr at the same arcade a few times but didn't like it

Velius: haha so youre one of the few that started IIDX with just 5 key then. Most people transitioned from ddr to IIDX

erasormotor: I guess. I played a couple songs on 5 key but the gap between that and iidx was like 8 years

Velius: well what was it abolut iidx that appealed to you

erasormotor: it was satisfying to play, the music is good usually and difficult games appeal to me

Velius: ahh yeah those would be my main points as well. Prior to playing IIDX, did you have any musical experience?

erasormotor: no

Velius: did you ever consider learning an instrument after having played IIDX alot?

erasormotor: I kind of want to learn how to play the piano but that doesn't have anything to do with iidx. don't have the time to dedicate to it though

Velius: yeah well alot of people assume that people who are good at iidx had some sort of music background though so thats kind of what the purpose of those questions are lol

but im in the same boat as well

erasormotor: yeah I've gotten comments at the arcade. "are you a real dj" "do you play the piano"

Velius: haha yeah playing in public kinda sucks

erasormotor: yesss

Velius: i mean the attention is cool for like 15 minutes and then you start to get really annoyed

erasormotor: especially when it's not a dedicated arcade and there are groups of kids running around

Velius: oh yeah thats right you play at svgl right

erasormotor: yeah

Velius: and its a mini golf course as well which means dumb kids running around… anyway lets move on lol

you started IIDX mainly being a 1 hand player right?

erasormotor: yeah exclusively one handed

Velius: why

erasormotor: dunno, combination of it being kind of cool and watching some lisu vids

Velius: ah i see. so later on you made the switch to playing with 2 hands now right?

erasormotor: yeah, mid/late '09 I started playing two handed and in early '10 stopped playing one handed entirely (except to try songs on new styles one handed)

Velius: what made you decide to switch to playing 2 handed?

erasormotor: the difficulty gap between hard clearing 11s one handed, and normal clearing mid level 12s is ridiculous

Velius: ah so it was a difficulty gap...

Velius: yeah i would imagine it being incredibly ridiculous. i bet playing 1 hand alot made the switch to playing 2 hands alot easier tho?

erasormotor: it would've been better to just start playing two handed from the start, because my left hand was totally useless at first

Velius: ah interesting so i guess if we’re on the subject of playstyles…
could you describe your current playing style? like what fingers do you use for each key etc?

erasormotor: left hand: thumb on 1, middle on 2, index on 3, sometimes I use my ring on 1. right hand: index on 4, thumb on 5, middle on 6, and I switch between my ring and pinky for 7 depending on the chart

Velius: pinky or wrist scratch?

erasormotor: pinky

Velius: ahh. i have the same play style except i wrist scratch just about everything on asc haha

erasormotor: wrist scratch is really really awkward on ac

Velius: yeah its something to just get use to i think

erasormotor: do you play ac

Velius: i play on a dao asc if that counts for anything. i played on ac like...3-4 times i think? that was before i wrist scratched exclusively

erasormotor: it's awkward on AC because you're standing up, have to be at weird angle to wrist scratch

Velius: yeah i cant play ac all standing. i think need a stool or something lol. you play on an asc at home as well right?

erasormotor: yeah dao res

Velius: yess

erasormotor: good controller

Velius: finally other people who play asc at home. nobody wants to spend the money for one.

erasormotor: yeah I prefer playing on AC and wanted asc so I don't have to get used to two turntable distances

Velius: its a shame that the koc is based off of the original beatmania II cabinet dimensions and they didnt bother to update the dimensions when the switch to the IIDX cabinets were made

erasormotor: never seen bm II machine are the distances the exact same

Velius: as a koc yeah

erasormotor: jeez. small machine

Velius: you can see one in the 6th style tatsujin vids

erasormotor: ohh it's that one

Velius: yeah. If you could add or change one thing with your playstyle, what would it be?

erasormotor: nothing really I guess, being able to wrist scratch well would be nice for certain charts but it's not a big deal to me

Velius: yeeah. wrist scratching is nice for stupid charts like anikitachi

erasormotor: yeah that and mendes black

Velius: mendes black? whats mendes black? loll anyway

erasormotor: lol

Velius: so did you ever play any of the japanese bmses? the ones with the ranking system from 1-24

erasormotor: no I want to but my laptop sux

Velius: it cant run LR2?

erasormotor: don't think so

Velius: you could alwyas try nazo

Velius: that takes like…nothing i think lol

erasormotor: is nazo a different sim

Velius: yeah its old but the skins are pretty much cs accurate. its the sim with the combo numbers floating and being distracting as shit.

erasormotor: yeah I've seen vids of that

Velius: but it works well it just doesnt have a working replay function and the timing is easier than lr2 but timing isnt a big point for sims when the main thing that matters is passing.

erasormotor: is the timing adjustable

Velius: yeah if you edit the bms file you can adjust the judgement that ranges from easy hard very hard etc
its stored in the bms file so it varies per chart. depending on what chart writer wants
AAAing Mei [a] is considered by many to be the pinnacle achievement and has yet to be done by the English speaking IIDX community. Do you believe someone will eventually do it?

erasormotor: at some point yeah lol. who knows how long it will take!! jadin should do it

Velius: what about you? are you gonna go for it

erasormotor: it's not a goal of mine

Velius: aw
erasormotor: my timing needs to improve a lot

Velius: yeahh. working on timing sucks…a lot

erasormotor: jadin and schala both outscore people in japan who have AAAd mei [a] on other songs like saryou AAAd it in late '09 and his timing is not super good

Velius: yeah thats true. i think its just a different skill set maybe
like alot of the japanese play bmses and we don’t so that might play some sort of role maybe

Velius: what advice would you give to aspiring one hand players like myself

erasormotor: haha umm play tiring songs a lot to increase stamina and play a wide variety of songs across all styles

playing 2 handed you can play stuff like AA [a] and mei [a] over and over and get better but when you're starting out one handed there isn't really any song like that

main thing is stamina, if your hand is exhausted after one 11, it limits the amount of time you can practice

Velius: alright so you're one of the few players who regularly play at an arcade...in america. could you tell me a bit about the scene at svgl?

erasormotor: there are maybe 5 or so "serious" players that if asked would say they care about their scores and how much they improve .everyone else mostly plays solely for fun

Velius: ah, so its not just you who plays there

erasormotor: no

Velius: i have no idea lol

erasormotor: some post on sss

Velius: like who?

erasormotor: off the top of my head chubs, kay0ss who I haven't seen in forever :<, spiritsnare, adammm

erasormotor: m337h has played here before

Velius: yeah i recognize those names

erasormotor: miki has an account I think but she doesn't post

Velius: haha so these people still go to svgl? to play IIDX or bemani

erasormotor: I see chubs and spiritsnare pretty regularly

Velius: ah. do you know happened to frri btw

erasormotor: what's frri

Velius: oh you havent heard of him. he's another old school guy who use to play. dont worry about that

erasormotor: I started going in oct '08 so I dunno about people that haven't come since then

Velius: ahh right. so i heard you say you score better in the arcade than at home why do you think that is?

erasormotor: no idea. I played iidx for first time in the arcade and played about 3x more at the arcade than I did at home maybe also controller differences

Velius: ah so you mainly play at the arcade than at home

Velius: why do you prefer going to the arcade than playing at home?

erasormotor: sirius songs, I'm better on AC, pop'n is right there if I feel like playing it. turntable sux tho which everyone says about ac apparently haha

Velius: aw that sucks
apparently even arcade machines with good turntables are kinda rare in japan

erasormotor: it's not nearly as bad as AI's based on what oni has said but it's still much stiffer than what I'd like

Velius: i think anything thats stiffer than a koc is gonna piss people off haha
i mean an arcade machine with loose turntables like a koc. i have a hard time imagining that

erasormotor: hard clearing naughty girl and JALS isn't too difficult, but it bad enough that unless you put a lot of force into the scratches you'll break combo on OML scratches at beginning and middle part'

Velius: yeah i know what you mean. scratch songs on a dao PE are really frustrating

erasormotor: is it stiff or other issues

Velius: well its stiff and its dao's 1st ASC model before he made improvements and its main problem is that the construction of it is terrible and the turntable missfires a lot

erasormotor: can it be fixed

Velius: yea if you feel like paying 50 dollars or something for the miss fire fix and spending over 150 on a replacement turntable:(

erasormotor: :/
play with autoscratch and just assume you'd have nailed the scratches. fuck them

Velius: hahahaha yeah exactly
so what does a typical IIDX session for you look like?

erasormotor: on AC or CS

Velius: I guess lets start with AC

erasormotor: at SVGL each stage has a max song level
1st is 8*, 2nd is 10*, final and extra is 12*

Velius: ah yeah thats the main gripe for me playing on AC in america. nothing you can really do about that sad.gif

Velius: popn is so much better about that (there is no difficulty limit on all stages you play in popn AC)
so do you just live with it and play standard or do you play expert courses with songs you want?

erasormotor: depends. if there are lots of other people waiting I play standard. if no one's there I play courses. standard final and extra stages are usually limited to quell/mendes/mei

Velius: ah yeah i remember when i visited VA i would ask the people waiting in line for IIDX if they minded i played an expert course and surprisingly enough, all of them didnt mind

erasormotor: haha. people here actually don't mind. I think I build it up in my head that people will get pissed if they have to wait an extra song

Velius: ah i forgot to ask this but ill ask right now
is one of the reasons you prefer playing ac over cs because it makes iidx a social activity?

erasormotor: no well I like going to svgl because theres really cool people but I'd play ac even if no one else did. if there was a machine that was really cheap to play and in better condition than svgl's, I'd play there but still go to svgl

Velius: so you like the game enough that if nobody else played anymore, you would keep playing?

Velius: svgl's machine is one of the few machines in america that uses a legit crt. im so jealous

erasormotor: really I don't know anything about machines

Velius: yeah. theres that, then one in reno, then one in housten texas and one in hawaii thats it

Editor’s Note: I forgot about Piano Man’s peronal machine in Warwick, Rhode Island. If you would like to schedule a visit, PM Piano Man on http://sigmaunlimited.net/forum/

erasormotor: wow cool haha

Velius: AI has their own CRT widescreen but its not official

erasormotor: can you buy iidx machine crts seperately

Velius: i dont know about right now. i dont think they're even produced anymore because of everything moving to hdtv/lcd etc

erasormotor: oh

Velius: but that crt is definitely worth way more than the actual cabinet

erasormotor: whatt why does it cost so much because it's custom made for the cabinet

Velius: yeah im pretty sure that crt was custom made for the cabinet and that thing is fuckin heavy. takes like 12 people to lift it

erasormotor: woahh

Velius: not easy to transport to the other side of the world so many just opt to go with a vierra or w/e

erasormotor: I bet if it's that heavy and expensive

Velius: yeah anyways so your practice sessions mainly consist of 12s now?

erasormotor: on AC I do everything I can to avoid 8s/10s/11s and focus on 12s

Velius: ahh well let me ask this

erasormotor: on CS yes, other than a couple 10 and 11s to warm up 12s 100% of the time

Velius: do you find playing 12s more fun than the 11s 10s 8s?

erasormotor: yes

Velius: haha. you should really get into bmsesss if you like ridiculous stuff

erasormotor: if I can get them to work
looking at my song wheel now I think I've played AA/mei/nageki more than all the 11s and 10s combined on both discs

Velius: you know im going to ask this and dont be shy about it. whats your highest playcounts?

erasormotor: mei another: 2268 nageki another: 1103 AA another: 1033. oml and himiko are 550+

Velius: do you restart alot or do you play through the bad randoms?

erasormotor: play through bad randoms

Velius: yess. im sure if i played through every bad random my mei play count would be extremely high. im guilty of that…fuck it

erasormotor: haha

Velius: but i think you know that alot of japanese players have high play counts as well. it takes work to get to where you want to be

erasormotor: yeah I like looking at other people statistics.
in other games too, it's always been fun to look at for me

Velius: mhmm i havent posted mine in a while

erasormotor: you mean in that thread or

Velius: yeah or i havent really thought about it.

all i do for mei is look at the 1st note and the 20th note and if its not alternating, i usually restart

Velius: such a bad habit :<

erasormotor: playing through bad randoms on like 3y3s is really painful

Velius: yeah definitely. go beyond too

erasormotor: I was watching that stream that had dolce playing RA and even he was like "fuck it" and failed out of bad 3y3s randoms

Velius: well no reason not to now when you can play premium free

erasormotor: I think he was playing normal free? game restarted after every 2 songs

Velius: oh i have no idea. i dont know why anyone would pick free mode lol didnt know people did that i guess it would almost make sense to pick free mode if you live in the US?

erasormotor: I play it a lot burns through money too fast to do all the time though

Velius: but you can only use premium free with the paseli. you can restart out of songs you have like a 8 minute time limit. idk if he was using that tho

erasormotor: yeah premium free sounds perfect

Velius: so as a player who has high play counts, you must've gotten frustrated at some point or feel you hit a wall. how do you deal with that?

erasormotor: when I played one handed that happened very very often. haven't felt like I've hit any walls two handed yet

Velius: so it was something you were use to?

erasormotor: yeah. one handed is 10x more frustrating

Velius: haha damn. so do you feel songs like mei [a] dont tire you out because of all of that one hand experience?

erasormotor: it still tires me out just not as quickly. dunno if playing one handed has anything to do with it

if I overplay mei, after several days of very heavy playing, I begin to do poorly on it

Velius: ah yeah ive had that happen with me. do you take breaks then?

erasormotor: yeah I switch to other songs

Velius: like have a few days where your hands heal up?

erasormotor: I don't stop playing, just more song variety

Velius: are you too addicted to keep playing or do you just feel that if you stop playing you'll lose all that skill

erasormotor: it's more that time not spent playing is kind of wasted assuming I'm not at school or sleeping or something haha

if I have free time I should be playing except in a few circumstances where I've played other games like mass effect 2. pop'n too

Velius: so you are obviously very dedicated to IIDX. what are your goals with IIDX

erasormotor: get better it's a dumb answer but that's it like I don't have ONE SONG I want to AAA or full combo

my mei playcount is really high, but not because I'm dead set on AAAing it in 4 or 5 years, just that playing hard songs allow me to improve

Velius: so there isnt like the one ultimate goal that you have that if you got it you would quit IIDX

erasormotor: no, I never really understood quitting iidx when you do something impressive

Velius: yeah. quitting is really hard

i thought i would quit when i first AA let the snow paint me y and co remix hyper. Then I aa’d 5.1.1 [a] and thought about quitting again then I kept playing pushed further eventually AAA'd a 12 (kagnatori)… now I can quit *keep playing*
repeat

erasormotor: haha yeahh always focused on improvement

Velius: i thought i would just quit after AAing mei [a] but I came back somehow lol

Velius: well maybe not one song but do you have anyone in mind you would wish to surpass? like a player or be as good as the japanese?

erasormotor: hmm. I have no idea how I'll improve in iidx

Velius: haha why is that

erasormotor: getting better than like schala while playing AC would make me pretty much one of the best AC players in the world

I don't think it's realistic. maybe my timing will be good at some point in the future. idk

Velius: haha i dont know about that being unrealistic

erasormotor: have you seen my timing

Velius: one of the main reasons i chose you for an interview if because you're an up and comer and you’re dedicated to the game. you improved really fast compared to everyone but at the same time, i dont think youve put nearly as much effort into working on timing

erasormotor: ic. yeah

when you look at people that can time really really well in the US they all played easy songs

Velius: yeah haha. trying to 98 songs is frustrating as shit tho

erasormotor: I think otaku said something about people in japan barely AAAing 10s then getting like AAA-some small amount on hard 12s

Velius: yeah i remember that was ridiculous haha this is an issue thats been brought up on the boards recently with the whole sars debacle about playing games for money

i guess the best way to word this is with the amount of time you have put into iidx, have you ever thought of trying to become some sort of professional gamer or do you see gaming as strictly a hobby

erasormotor: unless there are like big deal iidx competitions no

Velius: loyal to the end!

erasormotor: if it became as big as starcraft is in south korea or something (lol) people would just play 12 hours a day every day year round

no way to compete with that. I can play 12 hours a day on days I don't have school

Velius: but i mean you never have thought of quitting iidx to try and go into something gaming related for the chance to try to make a quick buck

erasormotor: not really, I'd rather play something I enjoy than something I don't enjoy or enjoy considerably less just to make a probably small amount of money

Velius: good answer i like that alright we're about wrapped up on questions

erasormotor: wait. can I say something!!!

Velius: yeah

erasormotor: I think hats are overused in america haha. sorry but I have to bring up hats

Velius: japanese are so hardcore. they dont use a hat at all

erasormotor: everyone disagrees with me

Velius: but i notice they bend down and position their head lower closer to the read line

erasormotor: sometimes

Velius: im a hat scrub you know that tho haha

erasormotor: scores gotten using hats are legit, I just think they're overused

I don't have a problem with them and I don't consider it a handicap to not use them

Velius: well i think its definitely the lazy way out

erasormotor: I don't consider it lazy actually

if you AAA himiko or mei or any other song with a hat, it's just as impressive without one imo

Velius: well it took considerably less work for me to learn to use a hat than to read slow lol

erasormotor: I'd just like to see american players do as well as japanese players without them is all

Velius: this sounds like a challenge haha

Velius: alright is there any other closing statement you would like to add?

erasormotor: umm this game is hard!!! practice makes perfect!!!

Velius: alright man, thank you for letting me interview you

erasormotor: thx

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Dec 2 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #2

I♥prat fall

dayum, playcounts ! !

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post Dec 2 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

brandon owns

also hahahaha ferrari namedrop nice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Dec 2 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #4

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm also hoping for an interview with someone who can't AAA 12s and shit, for some variance. I imagine there would be differing views on the game and such if your perspective isn't playing songs like Nageki nonstop until your fingers fall off, but rather gingerly treading into the tough charts and playing 10s and below mainly. There are other parts of the playerbase that have good opinions too.

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Dec 2 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #5

The Shadow

No problem. One of the main reasons why I wanted to do these interviews is because so many players want to know about what top players do instead of players asking a question and getting slammed with the usual play more response. Along with the fact many players are more interested in breaking into the 12 range, i can't really think of someone who actively plays that really fits that image... I can think of players who play easier songs more than focusing on 12s but still do well on them regardless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gorrum
post Dec 2 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #6

Rising in the Sun

Don't know if I fit that bill but 11s-12s is all I try to play now. Too bad some 10s are fun!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post Dec 2 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #7

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Buffalo @ Dec 2 2010, 12:00 PM) *
No problem. One of the main reasons why I wanted to do these interviews is because so many players want to know about what top players do instead of players asking a question and getting slammed with the usual play more response. Along with the fact many players are more interested in breaking into the 12 range, i can't really think of someone who actively plays that really fits that image... I can think of players who play easier songs more than focusing on 12s but still do well on them regardless.

I fit into that last category. I like playing 9's-11's a lot more than grinding on 12s most of the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Krelian
post Dec 2 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Damn, such a huge playcount for mei... I don't even think that my playcount past the 1500 yet... Crazy

--------------------

I have now Hard Cleared Himiko with my own hands!

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Dec 2 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #9

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Dec 2 2010, 08:38 PM) *
There are other parts of the playerbase that have good opinions too.

opinions of skilled players often gather more interest both in other players and outsiders, most people unfortunately don't give a shit of the average player (let's say 10s and below) opinion

for example, you rather read an interview with fungi or with me?

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Dec 2 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #10

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Dec 2 2010, 02:55 PM) *
opinions of skilled players often gather more interest both in other players and outsiders, most people unfortunately don't give a shit of the average player (let's say 10s and below) opinion

for example, you rather read an interview with fungi or with me?

No, I definitely wouldn't want to read an interview with you. I'm talking about players who have been around since the beginning of VJ Army but aren't the ones who have hard cleared 99% of the game. They have interesting stories or history of the game and community that those would find interesting. Or finding out why they haven't bothered to become godly at the game or something. I know the "star power" of those who are the best players here gets more attention, but just like this interview gets us in a different direction from the first couple interviews, it was a suggestion to take another angle.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the parts of the interviews that talk about the community, the way they got into the game, and how they view others to be the most interesting part of these interviews.

I've enjoyed all the interviews so far so it's not that I can't relate or something with them, I just know there's plenty of stuff to be said from those who aren't at the top.

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Dec 2 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #11

The Shadow

Ah, I see what you're saying

I'll see what I can do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Dec 2 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #12

excessively entitled

obv mazrim is requesting a DKW interview

--------------------

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post Dec 2 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #13

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

Interview Zer0 next lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 2 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #14

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Dec 2 2010, 08:11 PM) *
obv mazrim is requesting a DKW interview

I would read this

--------------------

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Dec 2 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #15

The Shadow

do a dkw interview with his commentary on every chart on all difficulties including doubles and 5 key

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 2 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #16

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Velius: AAAing Mei [a] is considered by many to be the pinnacle achievement and has yet to be done by the English speaking IIDX community. Do you believe someone will eventually do it?

DKW: [3] [8] [27] -18- ~42~

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fake-ass John Tr...
post Dec 2 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #17

betty spaghetti

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Dec 2 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Velius: AAAing Mei [a] is considered by many to be the pinnacle achievement and has yet to be done by the English speaking IIDX community. Do you believe someone will eventually do it?

NVLM_ZK: HARD PAIN STEP!!

+Quote Post
Toph
post Dec 2 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #18

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

japanese pop'n players use hats way more than japanese iidx players (which makes sense since pop'n has far more bpm gimmicks and no sud+/mid-song hispeed changing)

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Dec 2 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #19

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

btw the thing about expert courses, if you factor in song select and loading times, it comes out to about the same as standard.
So I have no issues playing courses whenever the hell I want smile.gif

+Quote Post
over there
post Dec 3 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #20

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

This sounds like a challenge all right. Looks like it's time for me to EYEGLASSES RIM mei [a] :>

Naw but seriously, great interview. And yeah the stuff about Japanese players not getting high scores on 10s then nearly AAAing hard 12s is true, I think it's sort of like erasermotor where they play hard songs all the time and ignore easier ones if possible. I don't think there's anything wrong with that in Japan but since there are no tournaments here (from the people I've asked anyways) and the ones that have been held are done by total EX, there's little chance of losing on a 10 or lower when it matters. In America it's a lot different from my point of view, since you can be great at destroying 12s and then someone beats you on some 9 with a speed change that you've never played or only played once, then the random is like some 10 and he destroys you score-wise, etc. Not to mention S3 rates people on all charts and overall, so there's more incentive to play easier songs and raise scores.

Don't get me wrong, I really do look up to those kinds of Japanese players but at the same time when I return to the US the situation will be a lot different and people like Jimbo, qkumbr, DERK, SIK and others might attend KOTC so you have to be good at everything if you want to win.

ps HAT PRIDE

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 05:07 AM