IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calculating DJ Points?
taqdagger407
post Jun 26 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #1

I was working on PC'ing to raise my dj points. And all the sudden my dj points wont increase, even though I went from FC to PC on alot of songs.
I've been searching on the internet and these forums for an explanation on how the dj points are calculated. I never found anything, but this is as much as I think I know,

Grade:F-AAA I cant remember exactly what each is worth, all I know is they go up by 1 point each letter?
FC: 1
PC: 2
Hardmode: 0

And then comes the confusing part to me. If you previously FC or PC a song and get a better grade but DON'T re-FC or PC the song, it saves the DJ points from the previous score? So you don't lose any points by doing that, right?

Edit: OK, I finally found it, I don't get anymore points for PC'ing a song. Only FC. Well I just wasted alot of time lol

This post has been edited by taqdagger407: Jun 26 2011, 11:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
over there
post Jun 27 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #2

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (taqdagger407 @ Jun 26 2011, 11:59 PM) *
I was working on PC'ing to raise my dj points. And all the sudden my dj points wont increase, even though I went from FC to PC on alot of songs.
I've been searching on the internet and these forums for an explanation on how the dj points are calculated. I never found anything, but this is as much as I think I know,

Grade:F-AAA I cant remember exactly what each is worth, all I know is they go up by 1 point each letter?
FC: 1
PC: 2
Hardmode: 0

And then comes the confusing part to me. If you previously FC or PC a song and get a better grade but DON'T re-FC or PC the song, it saves the DJ points from the previous score? So you don't lose any points by doing that, right?

Edit: OK, I finally found it, I don't get anymore points for PC'ing a song. Only FC. Well I just wasted alot of time lol

This site uses the old 10th Style AC DJ points scale which is on the frontpage of iidx.solidstatesquad.com
Basically there have been 3 big changes, the first being dj points existing, then I don't remember when the second one was but the third came in Empress AC (and CS) where you get points based on your EX score/100, A/AA/AAA bonus multipliers and Clear Lamp bonus multipliers (still no points for PC if you have a better FC score, as there's no clear lamp for a PC). I'm personally glad PCs don't matter because FCing and AAAing everything is far more doable than PCing and AAAing everything. Still, with the Empress change things got more difficult because scoring high AAAs on 12*s gives you a LOT of dj points where you get barely any for stuff like GAMBOL or Watch Out!!.

+Quote Post
taqdagger407
post Jun 27 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (over there @ Jun 27 2011, 03:12 PM) *
This site uses the old 10th Style AC DJ points scale which is on the frontpage of iidx.solidstatesquad.com
Basically there have been 3 big changes, the first being dj points existing, then I don't remember when the second one was but the third came in Empress AC (and CS) where you get points based on your EX score/100, A/AA/AAA bonus multipliers and Clear Lamp bonus multipliers (still no points for PC if you have a better FC score, as there's no clear lamp for a PC). I'm personally glad PCs don't matter because FCing and AAAing everything is far more doable than PCing and AAAing everything. Still, with the Empress change things got more difficult because scoring high AAAs on 12*s gives you a LOT of dj points where you get barely any for stuff like GAMBOL or Watch Out!!.

Thank you for the advice!! Just one more thing. You don't lose any dj points when you get "previous full/perfect combo", right? Like you don't have to get the combo and the AAA at the same entry to get all the points?

+Quote Post
over there
post Jun 27 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #4

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (taqdagger407 @ Jun 27 2011, 07:24 PM) *
Thank you for the advice!! Just one more thing. You don't lose any dj points when you get "previous full/perfect combo", right? Like you don't have to get the combo and the AAA at the same entry to get all the points?

That's correct, as long as you have a previous FC you get the dj points.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 27 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I like how Gabe now knows more about how the site works than I do lol

--------------------