2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In the sky [a]
Fake-ass John Tr...
post Jul 26 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #1

betty spaghetti

DJ Battle This User

It still says its a 12 even though it was downgraded to an 11 ages ago.

I think there's a few other songs with this issue as well, but I can't remember them at the moment.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 27 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'm still undecided as to whether we should use the most recent rating from a CS version for songs, or the most recent rating from anything. The latter is more accurate but is also more likely to confuse users and cause false bug reports.

It's worth discussing, mostly. For now I'm just leaving everything as it is unless it's clearly wrong.

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Jul 27 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #3

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

I think that if Konami re-rated the chart on an AC mix, we should re-rate it as well. If it got revived, we'd changed it, the only reason we don't is because it didn't get revived. That logic doesnt make much sense, its still the same chart.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 27 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #4

quelly~the fourth ham~

who cares what in the sky is rated if konami can't decide (imo it should be 11)

just like who cares about hype the core's rating on here if half the site disagrees (imo it should be 12)

who even looks at the ratings on the site? fix notecounts obviously but I always find it a waste of effort when people post a boatload of "here's some ratings fixes 4->5 6->7 3->2 8->7"

--------------------
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrived safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skidded
in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worned out, and loudly proclaimed ‘Rofñ! What a Ride!’” - Pidgey S. Thompson

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 27 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #5

quelly~the fourth ham~

I propose we ditch the 1-12 system and create a rating level for each individual chart (rated in five different ways: normal clear, hard clear, FCing, high scoring, AAAing)

mei would be an "easier than himiko to clear*", "harder than himiko to hard clear*", and "harder to score on than himiko*" etc

--------------------
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrived safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skidded
in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worned out, and loudly proclaimed ‘Rofñ! What a Ride!’” - Pidgey S. Thompson

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 27 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #6

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

That sounds like what Konami were thinking when they made DDRMAX and look where it got them!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jul 27 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #7

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

I kind of like the idea, but it seems like a lot of work for something people are likely still going to disagree with frequently.

+Quote Post
HONEY♂PUNCH
post Jul 27 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Evergreen

DJ Battle This User

I prefer to go with the latest AC difficulty ratings, just so we all know what Konami rates it. People will still bitch about how x song should be an 11 when it's officially rated a 10, but at least there will be consistency.

You could always place a disclaimer somewhere on the front page stating that all difficulty ratings are based on the latest AC version.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 27 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #9

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

What do you do for songs that never got an official difficulty rating though? e.g. Hype the Core [a]

--------------------

+Quote Post
HONEY♂PUNCH
post Jul 27 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #10

Evergreen

DJ Battle This User

Then I go to this site. They usually have a decent approximation on CS songs without an AC rating.

Hype the Core, according to them, is a 4/9/11. While I can't say anything about the [a], the hyper is pretty spot on, even though I would consider it a really hard 9.

This post has been edited by Duracell: Jul 27 2009, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Jul 27 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #11

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with going by textage. It's accurate for 99% of things; even if it's off, it's not too important since it's just a number. I just think having something consistent would be nice.

Perhaps when you move to 5.0, you could store a chart's rating within each game as well as it's official textage rating. The benefit to this is, if you are entering scores for a certain style and want to sort by difficulty, it will match up with the style you are entering scores for, but if you are viewing all styles, you can see the official rating compared to all other songs that exist.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 27 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #12

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Textage rates all the songs that are left up to them way too low :< Hype the Core is not an 11 and Jaeger Final Attack is not a 10

I don't really see why they're qualified to be the authority over say, me or anyone else.

edit: and Go Berzerk should be 11/11, not 10/11

--------------------

+Quote Post
HONEY♂PUNCH
post Jul 27 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #13

Evergreen

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Xythar @ Jul 27 2009, 10:48 PM) *
Textage rates all the songs that are left up to them way too low :< Hype the Core is not an 11 and Jaeger Final Attack is not a 10

I don't really see why they're qualified to be the authority over say, me or anyone else.

From watching a video, Hype the Core looks like an 11. Might be a HARD 11 for you, but it doesn't necessarily make it a 12.

People in thread on Bemanistyle seem to agree that it's a hard 11.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 27 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #14

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Is there some reason why their or your opinion is more valid than mine? emot-colbert.gif

Basically we need an official rating or nobody's going to agree. If we split to having 'original CS rating' and 'most recent official rating on the HS scale' then we might as well just leave the second one out for stuff like HtC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Jul 27 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #15

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

So use the officials for everything that has one, and use the best estimate for everything else. Just because we cant agree on Go Berzerk and Hype, doesnt mean in the sky should stay a 12, it's not one.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 28 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #16

quelly~the fourth ham~

QUOTE (Duracell @ Jul 27 2009, 10:35 PM) *
From watching a video, Hype the Core looks like an 11. Might be a HARD 11 for you, but it doesn't necessarily make it a 12.

fakepost?

--------------------

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Jul 28 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #17

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Duracell @ Jul 27 2009, 08:35 PM) *

They also think that rainbow rainbow [a] is harder than 90% of the 11s, including four pieces of heaven and just a little smile [a]. That is bullshit, rainbow rainbow is fucking easy. Putting Ristaccia above any 12, especially moon_child and DUE TOMORROW, is equally moronic. Fuck bemanistyle, everyone that posts there regularly is a sock-sniffing turdburglar.

I propose that for songs not rated on the difficulty scale that debuted on Happy Sky, let Marlie Tang decide the rating, since she's a better judge than anyone else on the site. Especially better than a faghat that thinks The Dirty of Loudness is harder than Hype the Core.

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 28 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #18

quelly~the fourth ham~

hype the core: 10
stoic: 12
spica: 11
blocks: 9
ristaccia: 12

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 28 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #19

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'm closer on JALS than Rainbow Rainbow sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jul 28 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #20

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Xythar @ Jul 27 2009, 10:48 PM) *

More like 9/10.

And alla turca con passione, a medium 10*? Yeah, ok.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 02:51 AM