Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So yeah
itsgreylolol
post Apr 1 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #1

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

XML is still (somewhat) fucked. Status graphics are updating, but it obviously isn't updating Taren's site for some reason.

I know it's been brought up before, but it doesn't seem to be noticed yet.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waffles
post Apr 1 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

More precisely: The XML exports seem not to be updating. If indeed there are some that ARE updating, then it'd be excellent to know exactly where those are so Taren can fix it =).

*is working on a suite using perl/excel to automate the generation of my sig enough to make it worth using for people who aren't crazy and me*

--------------------

+Quote Post
mast
post Apr 1 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

*is working on a SAS program to import direct from HTML and run analysis to fill in for the void left in my heart without Total Recall

Actually, the big problem for me is not wanting to update scores without Memorymani.

--------------------
I am 89% Xythar! I took the "Am I Xythar?" Quiz! by schla313133

"erotic SPEEDCORE happy TERRORCORE / HARDCORE GABBA / trendy fuckwit breakcore tamborine core TYPE DAnCE MUSIC GAME CORE -and SAD CORE .SCREAMING VOX +harsh shit NOISE AND OTHER dum SHIT MUSIC." Best gig ever :)

+Quote Post
Taren
post Apr 1 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #4

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

I've considered writing a crawler to pull all the stuff from the HTML score pages, but I've done that before and webmasters generally don't like it. There are roughly 834 songs, times 6 charts apiece, at roughly 100KB a page, you're looking at a half GB of bandwidth for one pass.

It might be more efficient to scrape user pages, but still that's a lot of work, and you still wouldn't get all the data.

I cut down Total Recall to run just once a week, hurr. Maybe it'll save on my electric bills. No sense2007 in parsing the same data over and over.

On the bright side, I plan to completely overhaul TR once the XML stuff comes back. I might have said that before, but this time I srsly mean it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 01:11 AM