IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Difficulties and Errors of taking note of scores
mztiklimit
post Sep 22 2004, 10:02 AM
Post #1

It has been a painful task for me taking note of the scores I've made. I play for fun, of course, but sometimes when I think I've made a good score I try to take note of it. But the score screen comes and goes very fast. Sometimes, leaving you wondering how many greats you did, because you didn't have time to write it down. Well, that's not the main problem today, in my case. I have wrote down some notes yesterday and come to realize they're wrong. For example, I did Ninja Hero [22] and scored 723300...ok, so I put it up in my account and got first.. how? That was kind of impossible, since I only did a combo of 61. I took the last 0 of it, maybe that's the right score. The other one, was kind of surprising: I did a full combo in New Age Remix [8] and it displayed 178 (double check), when the Greats and Goods sum 179 notes. What I did then was to let the song play all bads to see the total of notes and it was indeed 179 notes. Really screwed. Now I don't have any idea if my other scores have errors on them too. unsure.gif

It would be nice if someone has a better way to do so, or any comments about it. Since I didn't see any topics about this, maybe it can help any new players like myself to keep their scores with minimal errors as possible.

Also, pardon my english, it is not my native language. ninja.gif

- Luis [mztiklimit]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kappaiidx
post Sep 22 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #2

Astral Voyage

Max combo for a song is alway 1 less than the number of notes. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Forced laughing, forced smile
Feigned weeping, downright lie
0083 5581 9964 3668 - Wii Code

+Quote Post
mztiklimit
post Sep 22 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (kappaiidx @ Sep 22 2004, 12:20 PM)
Max combo for a song is alway 1 less than the number of notes. biggrin.gif

blink.gif Is that so?

Why would that be like that? No other bemani game i've played is like that. mellow.gif Thanks for the heads up.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 22 2004, 01:48 PM
Post #4

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Because it is? I dunno. Each game has its own little quirks like that.

Excess Bads also break combo, whereas excess Poors don't break combo in IIDX.

+Quote Post
Jasconius
post Sep 22 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Evergreen

QUOTE (mztiklimit @ Sep 22 2004, 09:02 AM)
It would be nice if someone has a better way to do so, or any comments about it. Since I didn't see any topics about this, maybe it can help any new players like myself to keep their scores with minimal errors as possible.
- Luis [mztiklimit]

I think a lot of people here take pictures of their good scores with their digital cameras. I actually play with my PS2 hooked up to my computer through a video capture card. Then I just take screenshots whenever I get a new high score.

If neither of those options is feasible for you, I think the best way is to have a paper printed out with labels for genre, score, combo, greats, goods, bads, with blanks beside them to fill out - then when you get a score down, write down the counts. Do greats, goods, and bads first, because you can always go into Records and look at your high score and combo for that song later if you don't get to write them down.

+Quote Post
waynec02
post Sep 22 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #6

Evergreen

The way I do it is I play with a notepad next to me. If I notice that HI-SCORE is overlaid across the score when the song is finished, I jot that and the combo down real quick before the screen fades. Then I get the Great/Good/Bad combo from the result screen, and fill in the song name and modifiers after, since it's not that hard to figure out what mods you used (you should know that! =P) and the song name is on the result screen too.

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Sep 22 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #7

Rising in the Sun

When I'm about to play a song, I go to it on the song session and set the modifiers. Then I click on the score field and then start playing. At the end of the songs I use the keypad to enter the score and tab over to combo and enter that too. Then I hit tab twice to move over to Greats. I try to read all the Great/Good/Bads and fill them in before the results screen (tabbing over each time). On the results screen, I double check them, and then also double-check the score/combo if I have time. The reason I double check the Great/Good/Bads first is that do to the small font in the game screen I often typo 3s and 5s, and 8s and 6s. For this method you've got to be pretty quick on a keypad. And your comp should be right next to where you play too. happy.gif;

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
Random
post Sep 23 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (Jasconius @ Sep 22 2004, 02:06 PM)
I think the best way is to have a paper printed out with labels for genre, score, combo, greats, goods, bads, with blanks beside them to fill out - then when you get a score down, write down the counts.

Here ya go.
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~tren0034/pnnscoresheet.doc

And I've found the best way is to document the score and combo as it's flashing "Hi-Score!" at you, and then write down the notecounts right away on the screen after. After all, if it's not your high score, why count it?

+Quote Post
waynec02
post Sep 23 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #9

Evergreen

QUOTE (Random @ Sep 23 2004, 01:33 AM)
And I've found the best way is to document the score and combo as it's flashing "Hi-Score!" at you, and then write down the notecounts right away on the screen after. After all, if it's not your high score, why count it?

Bingo. That's exactly the way I do it (actually, I kinda took your idea Random). But it works really well for me, seeing as nobody else in my house or even within a 20 mile radius plays Pop'n. dry.gif

And holy crap Random. That's wicked cool, thanks for the chart!

+Quote Post
Shapermc
post Sep 23 2004, 02:09 PM
Post #10

Dazzlin' Darlin

I have excel documents with all the songs and place for all the scores in it for all difficulties:

~Pop'n 7
~Pop'n 8
~Pop'n 9
~Pop'n BH

They are not the best in the world, but they help alot for doing an entire version entry w/o a PC close.

+Quote Post
mztiklimit
post Sep 24 2004, 09:32 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Random @ Sep 23 2004, 01:33 AM)
Here ya go.
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~tren0034/pnnscoresheet.doc

I started doing that to save me time when writing note counts. And thanks for the .doc sheet, i will be printing a few of those.

+Quote Post
Random
post Sep 24 2004, 10:20 AM
Post #12

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (waynec02 @ Sep 23 2004, 12:10 PM)
And holy crap Random. That's wicked cool, thanks for the chart!

*blush* Well you're welcome. Hope it works well for you.

And y'know what's even more wicked cool?

Pop'n 6 being added to the Navy. happy.gif (I'm on it right now, notecounts are done and done.)

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Sep 24 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #13

Rising in the Sun

That's awesome, cause you know, 400 songs just wasn't enough... Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

But back on topic, I noticed that when doing an EX Stage that it doesn't give you a results screen, which gives you even LESS time to get your scores written down. sad.gif

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
Random
post Sep 24 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #14

Dazzlin' Darlin

Pop'n 6 is good for everyone. Seriously. I started playing on 6 cause I didn't have a PS2 for the longest time. (Plus there's no reason you shouldn't write down Great's/Good's/Bad's in 6, cause you can see the screen afterward.) 5/4/3/2/1/Animelo/Disney will be available when I get some free time.

And play Free Mode, obviously. Once you have everything unlocked, I don't see the point of playing Arcade.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 12:51 AM