21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MMUM3MMM, Magically Mysterious Ultimate Marvel 3 Match-Making Madness
Deets
post Feb 12 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #41

all jew (about damaging it)

QUOTE (Rowen of the Strata @ Feb 12 2011, 10:12 AM) *
I'm thinking I want to try a team of Spencer/Arthur/I don't know who. Haggar? Super Skrull?

Sentinel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 12 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #42

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Deets @ Feb 12 2011, 01:06 PM) *
Sentinel

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Feb 12 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #43

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

Phoenix Wright? Yes please.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Feb 12 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #44

The Shadow

i hate sentinel

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 12 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #45

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

Yeah I was hoping for non-Sentinel suggestions. At least I was hoping to mostly stay away from the obvious picks. I'll probably just rotate everyone into that last spot until I find someone I like. And who knows what we'll get for dlc characters.

As for Sentinel though, I still wish they had gone with a more up-to-date form of it. Something more like Nimrod or Bastion or at least an Omega Sentinel. It just feels wrong to have something that can get cut to ribbons with ease be so goddamn powerful.

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 12 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #46

Listen man just find another character with a good lock-down assist to complement arthur's projectile spam. i.e. Doom rocks/missile assist

Jesus christ this Justin Wong twitter debacle why am I paying attention to this shit

Fighting game players don't know what they want, and they should not be given what they think they want because they are just going to complain anyway before playing the game more than 2 days

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 12 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #47

DJ Battle This User

Hey man I played this game for 10 years and now this new game shows up and I've given it 2 days to overcome my love for something that I've played for almost half my life and it hasn't done that so it's pretty clearly the worst thing ever.

I do like myself some Doom assists. That team does sound pretty good.

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Feb 12 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #48

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Deets @ Feb 12 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Listen man just find another character with a good lock-down assist to complement arthur's projectile spam. i.e. Doom rocks/missile assist

Jesus christ this Justin Wong twitter debacle why am I paying attention to this shit

Fighting game players don't know what they want, and they should not be given what they think they want because they are just going to complain anyway before playing the game more than 2 days

Im missing something, please, fill me in.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Feb 12 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #49

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

Doesn't Felicia have a true low hit assist? Or is it just OTG? That sounds nice to me!

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 12 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (itsgreylolol @ Feb 12 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Im missing something, please, fill me in.

this

If you guys missed this seattle stream, definitely check it out. Best matches I've seen of the game ever. Probably because the people playing wrote the guide.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 13 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #51

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

This game is really fun. Balanced or not, problems or not, it's a blast, especially with friends. Here's hoping they add that Spectator Mode soon.

Every character seems to have at least something going for them so far, which is nice. Even the "bad" characters can still mess you up pretty bad.

+Quote Post
Theoretically Ga...
post Feb 13 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #52

Tranoid

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Feb 12 2011, 11:16 PM) *
Doesn't Felicia have a true low hit assist? Or is it just OTG? That sounds nice to me!

Yeah that shit hits low, Felicia's aint to be fucked with in this.

***scrub tier player impressions***

Hsien-Ko is pry low tier sad.gif Swing xx shinanagins is pretty beast, but she basically can't move forward *at all* without a lockdown assist. I dont think her teleport actually goes through things sad.gif

Chun is the new Magneto :>

X-23 is hilarious, no one knew how to defend her invisibility super. Once she got 3 bars it was GG, 100% of the time

T Bonne is pretty versatile now, being able to combo out of drill and all. Good tradeoff for losing her beam assist i think.

Phoenix is also hilarious, literally one combo from *anyone* kills her. People were speculating that might be the most powerful character in the game ATM though? dunno really as she also died too fast

Ryu seems really good i guess? Besides his auto tracking beam super i couldn't really tell why though, but Josh Wong and a few others were wiping floor with him

Overall game is fun as hell. Don't know about 10 years of fun though, but theres waaaaayyyyyy too much be be discovered yet. RIP SSFIV sad.gif

E:
That Justin Wong quote is dumb, Sentinel is pretty nerfed in this. slow as hell, can't lock down with HSF anymore, etc. His keep away game has improved, but he's far from the dominating force he was in MvC2, and he'll be winning no matches single handedly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 13 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (Xenogenesis @ Feb 13 2011, 12:11 AM) *
E:
That Justin Wong quote is dumb, Sentinel is pretty nerfed in this. slow as hell, can't lock down with HSF anymore, etc. His keep away game has improved, but he's far from the dominating force he was in MvC2, and he'll be winning no matches single handedly.

uh. He can totally lock down with HSF and with x-factor he deals like 25% chip with each activation. If he hits you with spit or rocket punch from anywhere on the screen your mans is dead, and good luck approaching him because so far every match video I've seen has at least moment where someone jumps in with a really good multi-hitting special and still gets rocked with stand roundhouse into death. Also with x-factor (any level): you die, and sentinel takes effectively no damage. I don't think it's a game ruining issue by any stretch of the imagination, he's just a very obviously strong and useful character right now, to the point where every team might as well run him for the drones assist at the very least. I hope that doesn't happen but you know. Fighting games.

+Quote Post
Theoretically Ga...
post Feb 13 2011, 02:40 AM
Post #54

Tranoid

ah

--------------------

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Feb 13 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #55

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Feb 12 2011, 11:36 PM) *
This game is really fun. Balanced or not, problems or not, it's a blast, especially with friends. Here's hoping they add that Spectator Mode soon.

Every character seems to have at least something going for them so far, which is nice. Even the "bad" characters can still mess you up pretty bad.

Yeah, watching Buktooth kicking ass with Doom (btw thank you Deets for that link, that made my night last night after a full day of work :>) after I was hearing everyone saying Doom was "bad" in this game was very satisfying - it's nice to see he has a solid rushdown game to go with his full-screen keepaway BS.

What's up with Magneto and Doom's level 3 hypers? Are they full screen command grabs or something? It seems like every time anyone uses them, they hit. I've at least seen Dormammu's miss.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Feb 13 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #56

The Shadow

yeah just because sentinel is different doesnt make him terrible. hes super scrubby and easy to play in comparison to his mvc2 version where you needed alot of technical skill to pull off his high level combos. in this game you dont even need high level combos because ur scrubby basic combos do way too much damage as it is.

x factor level 3 dark phoenix is fuyckin dumb. just mash shit and you win

i agree with justin this game isnt very competitive and this game is kinda ass

maybe if im high laughing my ass off at how stupid this game is the only time id have fun playing it

also capcom sucks for pulling the bullshit with jill and shuma. capcom is almost on konami's level of stupidity

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 13 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #57

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Feb 13 2011, 10:56 AM) *
What's up with Magneto and Doom's level 3 hypers? Are they full screen command grabs or something? It seems like every time anyone uses them, they hit. I've at least seen Dormammu's miss.

Magneto's will hit you anywhere on the screen as long as you're not blocking. Not sure about Doom's.

And yeah, any high-damage character with level 3 X-Factor (Sentinel, Hulk, Phoenix, Thor) is pretty ridiculous; a magic series into launcher will kill any character pretty much. And if Sentinel pops level 3 X-Factor and wants to spend all of his meter doing HSF, he can probably chip a character to death from full. I'm not willing to say that it "breaks the game" or anything any more than some of the more overpowered Ultras in vanilla SF4 did (after a while you learn to anticipate them and plan ahead to be able to avoid that situation as best you can -- people were snapping my Sentinel in and trying to kill him first after a while because they knew I'd win if he was my last character standing), but I can see where the comments come from. Though I will say that powered-up unavoidable chip supers like HSF and Hailstorm *are* pretty fucking stupid under X-Factor, even when I'm the one using them I can recognize that.

I'm having a blast and I imagine I'll keep playing this and SSF4 as my two main games for the forseeable future, but I can see where the frustration from the people who loved the technical aspects of MvC2 are coming from.

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 13 2011, 03:32 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (Buffalo @ Feb 13 2011, 11:10 AM) *
i agree with justin this game isnt very competitive and this game is kinda ass

maybe if im high laughing my ass off at how stupid this game is the only time id have fun playing it

also capcom sucks for pulling the bullshit with jill and shuma. capcom is almost on konami's level of stupidity

lol

+Quote Post
BBH
post Feb 13 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #59

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

haven't played it yet, but after seeing level 3 xfactor Sentinel... umm jesus christ

I sure hope the new Mortal Kombat is good!

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 13 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #60

DJ Battle This User

Level 3 X-Factor Dark Phoenix is scarier I'd say.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 02:34 PM