Mazrim
post Mar 22 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #41

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 21 2009, 01:13 PM) *
You must be on a high-pop server if you can actually pug clear Naxx 25, haha. Here, you could pug Arachnid and Plague but not much beyond that.

It all depends on how many good guilds there are really. On Dethecus it's a medium/low pop server but they have PUGs of 25 man Naxx a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 23 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #42

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

And my server (Alexstrasza) is pretty much the opposite - fairly high-population, but very little in the way of raiding population. That's what I get for being on a realm that starts with an A...

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Mar 23 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #43

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I got my 4th piece of T7 today, only the helm left! And to think I don't even have the "Superior" achievement yet thanks to there not being any tanking idols for druids... :/

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 23 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #44

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (PkerUNO @ Mar 23 2009, 08:47 PM) *
I got my 4th piece of T7 today, only the helm left! And to think I don't even have the "Superior" achievement yet thanks to there not being any tanking idols for druids... :/

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40713 is easy to get and will help threat a little bit... not that threat is important right now. But it's something.

I just need a 213 trinket to get my Epic achievement. I've only seen one http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40382 drop though. sad.gif

+Quote Post
UKNaruto
post Mar 23 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #45

Tranoid

4/5 Tier 7 now, 3/5 Valorous and 1/5 Heroic. I got a new Epic Main hand for my Dual Wielding DK, gotta enjoy these last few weeks of OP DPS.

I might start doing PVP and arena next season, did a couple 3s today with a Rogue and a Mage from my guild today and absolutely wrecked face. I already have a piece of Deadly and a piece of Hateful, along with about 100 badges and all of the Resilience Patterns for JC, so it would be possible for me to start things up.

Now all there is to do is wait for Ulduar, however what I am most excited for is the Argent Tournament. I'm grinding my rep to Exalted with Argent Crusade now (the WOTLK guys), since I am already Exalted with Ebon Blade and Wyrmrest, and will be with Oracles and Sons of Hodir shortly. I'm a sucker for mounts, Tabards, and Titles (I only have Jenkins which is a lame one anyway,) so this is absolutely my deal. I want to get the Crusader title as my ultimate goal, but it'll take a lot of work.

Today was a fantastic day for cooking as well! I got Our Daily Bread (do all 5 cooking dailies in Dalaran), and The Rokk Achievement (all 4 cooking dailies in Shattrath), as well as getting the Delicious Chocolate Cake recipe as a lucky drop from a small bag of spices! I got another drop from the Barrel of Fish, which leaves me with two recepies left to get from cooking quests (Stormchops and Knibler's Bits). I almost have Sous Chef too, I think I need about 6 more recipes to go.

All that's left for me to do before 3.1 is to gather some gold for Dual Spec (easy), farm more Capital Horde City rep, and finish off Malygos and the few instances I have left (HoL, HoS and Occulus, the ones that nobody ever runs...).

--------------------
NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO AAA ALGALON THE OBSERVER

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 23 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #46

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Oculus is awful and I doubt I will ever finish it. Did one PUG group once on heroic, got the the last boss, wiped for an hour and vowed never to go back.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 24 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #47

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I think Occulus is the Shattered Halls of WotLK.

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 24 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #48

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

More like Arcatraz. Good luck even finding 5 people willing to PuG Arcatraz ever. At least when Shattered Halls came up as a daily, people would do it.

I actually enjoy Oculus, too. sad.gif

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Mar 24 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #49

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (typobox43 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:10 AM) *
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40713 is easy to get and will help threat a little bit... not that threat is important right now. But it's something.

That's for feral DPS though, it's useless for bears. Like I said, pretty much all bears are still using the TBC badge idol!

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 24 2009, 05:51 AM) *
I think Occulus is the Shattered Halls of WotLK.

Oh, the memories. I remember trying to tank that back when Swipe only hit 3 targets, and it being absolute hell. 3 hours on a single instance. ;___;

QUOTE (typobox43 @ Mar 24 2009, 10:15 AM) *
More like Arcatraz. Good luck even finding 5 people willing to PuG Arcatraz ever. At least when Shattered Halls came up as a daily, people would do it.

I seem to remember only 2 mobs were actually hard in that instance: that voidwalker boss and the guys in the penultimate room who meteor. Unfortunately by "hard" I mean "really damn tough". sad.gif

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 24 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #50

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Arcatraz pre-nerf was the worst heroic in the game, only ones that were close were Shattered Halls and Shadow Labyrinth. Post-heroic nerf the hardest in my opinion was fucking Mana Tombs. Nexus Prince Shaladar or whatever didn't get nerfed at all for whatever reason and the trash still sucked.

I only ran Shattered Halls once for someone's Champion of the Naaru line and it sucked ass, even after the nerf. I ran Arc lots though and yeah the only real problems were the trash before the last boss.

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 25 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #51

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (PkerUNO @ Mar 24 2009, 05:59 AM) *
That's for feral DPS though, it's useless for bears. Like I said, pretty much all bears are still using the TBC badge idol!

True, but 15 emblems isn't a lot to pay for an achievement.

Well, it probably is if you're a normal person. I've been known to do stupid things like that.

In other news, picked up my first 226 item tonight (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44008)... about time.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 25 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #52

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Our guild has Naxx down to just over a night now, thank god. Cleared up to Sapphiron last night before we called it a night, no deaths on bosses except for half the raid dying on the first safety dance on Heigan (that helped me get ahead on the DPS race, since I never die from that) and one person being stupid on Thaddius. If we stop carrying new people through Naxx and have to explain bosses to them, we could clear Naxx in one night.

Also tanking Blameux is fun but hurts my DPS.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 25 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #53

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Mar 25 2009, 09:19 AM) *
Heigan (that helped me get ahead on the DPS race

Looking at DPS for anything other than a single boss fight at a time is pointless, IMO. That's not even getting into the fact that nobody should care about trash-mob DPS either. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 25 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #54

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Mar 25 2009, 09:19 AM) *
DPS race

I the past when I was MT, I made it a personal goal to do my job and see how low I could get on the DPS charts

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 25 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #55

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 25 2009, 10:35 AM) *
Looking at DPS for anything other than a single boss fight at a time is pointless, IMO. That's not even getting into the fact that nobody should care about trash-mob DPS either. smile.gif

When your fellow guildmates constantly post Overall Damage recount numbers to a stat channel, you don't get much say in how your performance is measured by others. I agree with you and the raid leaders know what to look for, but it's the only way I can get people to stop saying my DPS sucks. On fights like Razuvious or Patchwerk I can consistently be second or third on DPS behind Hunters. (Last night I was doing 3200dps on Bosses, 2000 dps on trash)

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 25 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #56

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Mar 25 2009, 11:03 AM) *
When your fellow guildmates constantly post Overall Damage recount numbers to a stat channel, you don't get much say in how your performance is measured by others.

Post your logs to WowWebStats and tell them that they're tools.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 25 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #57

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

We have a WWS section on our guild forums but only a few people actually look at the parse sadly.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 25 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #58

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

That's too bad. :<

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 25 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #59

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

You say that the raid leaders know what to be looking for - so why does it matter what stats other people are posting, or what their opinion of your performance is? Let them say that your DPS sucks. It sounds like they're trying to start problems without any real basis for it.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 25 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #60

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

They're only trying to make themselves look better, like a warlock who likes to point out his DPS before the first boss all the time simply because his trash DPS is much higher than most anyone else. He loves the military wing for obvious reasons.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2018 - 05:27 AM