817 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GAME THREAD, It's okay to not like mario kart, but don't be a dick about it
Rating 4 V
Axem Rangers
post Jun 19 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #41

Banned Routine

If not being a Resident Evil game is the best part of a game, that doesn't speak awfully well for the rest of it. I know nothing about the development of the game or whatever, but it felt to me very much like Capcom was developing some decent/generic action title and decided to tack on the Resident Evil name to push copies. Seemed pretty forced.

If I want to play an more high strung, action-y horror game, I'll play Eternal Darkness. Man that game is the shit.

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moogy
post Jun 19 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #42

善悪相殺

QUOTE(Hitman @ Jun 19 2007, 09:17 AM) *
That's correct. Although technically Cheryl was created to contain the soul of Alessa, and the two sort of became one when Cheryl returned to Silent Hill, and then Alessa was reborn as Heather, so technically all three are the same person. Like Fei in Xenogears.

The best part of that is that Fei is his own dad. Or something.

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ

+Quote Post
Hitman
post Jun 19 2007, 04:39 PM
Post #43

Dazzlin' Darlin

One more thing I forgot about Drakengard. Is it just me, or are these the most annoying characters in any video game, ever? "Caim, you must eliminate the targets on the map before they escape! Agh, you're so evil! You must stop your killing ways! Destroy these children for bonus points! Will your blind hatred never cease!? The empire killed your parents! Ragh!"

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 19 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #44

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jun 19 2007, 02:39 PM) *
If not being a Resident Evil game is the best part of a game, that doesn't speak awfully well for the rest of it. I know nothing about the development of the game or whatever, but it felt to me very much like Capcom was developing some decent/generic action title and decided to tack on the Resident Evil name to push copies. Seemed pretty forced.

If I want to play an more high strung, action-y horror game, I'll play Eternal Darkness. Man that game is the shit.

Considering that I generally hate RE games with a passion and RE4 was fantastic then yes.

It's not a decent/generic action game inasmuch as it is an outright amazing action game. It got given Game of the Year by all these publications for a reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammitch!
post Jun 19 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #45

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(therealbong @ Jun 19 2007, 08:57 AM) *
Just play it with a few other people for a few minutes and watch the hours pass by.

There were at least four of us, and I'm pretty sure everyone who didn't own the game voted to stop playing it.

--------------------
Ode to RAM
ALL RIGHT, ACT HIGH and LOW
SWITCH to the LAB and FEEL IT SNOW

He had found a Slake-o-Matic machine which had provided him with a compact disc filled with a sound that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike music.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jun 19 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #46

Banned Routine

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Jun 19 2007, 07:22 PM) *
Considering that I generally hate RE games with a passion and RE4 was fantastic then yes.

It's not a decent/generic action game inasmuch as it is an outright amazing action game. It got given Game of the Year by all these publications for a reason.

Hahahaha, yeah, and The Da Vinci Code is an incredibly written book with a compelling and belivable story and engaging characters.

And saying you liked RE4 when you didn't like the rest of the series...well, the two aren't all that related. That's like saying, "I hated Super Mario 64, but I loved Mario Kart 64." Aside from name and company, the two don't have a hell of a lot in common. Resident Evil 4 is a decent action game. But because I was looking forward to a new Resident Evil game from Resident Evil 4 (now why would I think that?) I couldn't even really enjoy it for that. Shattering disappointment.

I also didn't really get the story but it didn't grab me at all so I probably wasn't paying attention. The only reason I even bother bringing that up was because of how much I love the Resident Evil continuity.

In conclusiuon, it's too dangerous to go outside.

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jun 19 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #47

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jun 19 2007, 12:39 PM) *

Do you think RE4 would have been better if they had ditched all that action and included more puzzles based on putting together emblems and carrying around different types of cranks (with lots and lots and lots and lots of oh-so-fun backtracking)?

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
Moogy
post Jun 19 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #48

善悪相殺

I tried playing RE4 once and gave up due to the bad controls.

Upcoming RPGs (in America):

gRimgRiMoiRe (6/26) [PS2]
Hoshigami Remix (6/26) [NDS]
Persona 3 (7/24) [PS2]
Growlanser V (August) [PS2]
Heroes of Mana (8/14) [NDS]
Luminous Arc (8/14) [NDS]
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (8/14) [NDS]
Wild ARMs V (8/28) [PS2]
Soul Cradle (9/11) [PS2]

Interesting things coming out in Japan:

Growlanser VI (6/21) [PS2]
Mana-Khemia: Gakuen no Renkinjutsu Shitachi (6/21) [PS2]
Shinseiki Evangelion: Battle Orchestra (6/28) [PS2]
Tales of Fandom Vol. 2 (6/28) [PS2]
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan (7/5) [NDS]
Memories Off #5 Encore (7/12) [PS2]
Pop'n Music 14 Fever (7/12) [PS2]
beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD (8/30) [PS2]
Summon Night Twin Edge: Seireitachi no Kyoumei (8/30) [NDS]
Nanatsuiro Drops Pure! (9/6) [PS2]

A very cool looking SRPG called Magician's Academy just came out in Japan. It appears to be based on a light novel (ライトノベル)! NISA and Atlus are already getting requests to localize it, but it probably won't happen. Look up まじしゃんず あかでみい on nicovideo if you want to see some videos.

Also, according to Heisei Democracy, some highly anticipated new eroge localizations will be announced at AX. HD has ties to JAST, so I'd trust them. Personally, I'm betting on Da Capo 1 and 2.

Oh, and there's going to be some sort of Negima game for the Wii.

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jun 19 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #49

Banned Routine

oh shit I need to reserve Doki Doki Majo Whatever soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jun 19 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #50

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jun 19 2007, 08:32 PM) *
oh shit I need a bank account

Fixed for me.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Putf8umHawke
post Jun 19 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #51

Air Ixion

QUOTE(Hitman @ Jun 19 2007, 07:09 PM) *
Is it just me, or are these the most annoying characters in any video game, ever?

Possibly, but they are some of the more disturbed characters I've seen in a while. Especially the crazy lady.

--------------------
Twan says: so what possibilities are there
pH-zero says: me being killed for some reason, unlikely though
Twan says: I don't see why that would happen
QUOTE (Darighaz @ Oct 6 2007, 06:27 PM) *
PLATINUM HAWKE IS DEAD.

Twan says: ahhh fuck it, yes, it was me XD
pH-zero says: hahaha, epic pay back you bitch

QUOTE (Moogy @ Mar 6 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I know more about anime than you do.

+Quote Post
over there
post Jun 19 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #52

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Moogy @ Jun 19 2007, 08:29 PM) *
Also, according to Heisei Democracy, some highly anticipated new eroge localizations will be announced at AX. HD has ties to JAST, so I'd trust them. Personally, I'm betting on Da Capo 1 and 2.

mmmm Da Capo 2. AMAZING news for me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 19 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #53

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(BBH @ Jun 19 2007, 07:19 PM) *
Do you think RE4 would have been better if they had ditched all that action and included more puzzles based on putting together emblems and carrying around different types of cranks (with lots and lots and lots and lots of oh-so-fun backtracking)?

don't forget only having limited saves and having to go back to the storage box constantly because you can only carry like 4 items at once and your weapon, ammo, save ribbons, all puzzle items, healing items, items you need to dispose of zombies properly, etc etc all count

QUOTE(Moogy)
I tried playing RE4 once and gave up due to the bad controls.

They were pretty awesome controls compared to the rest of the series I can tell you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jun 19 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #54

Banned Routine

I didn't have an issue with the controls in Resident Evil 4 but if you play any of the previous Resident Evil games (excluding Gaiden, heh) for more than thirty minutes you have the controls down without thinking. And uhh the items thing is more to make you have to think ahead and make sure that you don't have an unlimited number of options to get yourself out of bad situations you get yourself into. It never seemed like that big of a deal to me. (Unless you were playing the "Real Mode" (or whatever it was called) thing in the GCN version of Resident Evil. That shit was brutal.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
CStarFlare
post Jun 19 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #55

The faithful live awake, the rest remain mislead

Is it not possible to love old-school RE and RE4 at the same time? I kinda do.

While we're on the subject, what's the best 3rd party controller to use for Gamecube RE? Nintendo's sucks balls, and the MadKatz one I was using is starting to die (and was never ideal in the first place).

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jun 19 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #56

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Nintendo's controllers suck, because they don't break when you throw them on a regular basis. (as opposed to Sony's which break themselves out of boredom)

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
CStarFlare
post Jun 19 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #57

The faithful live awake, the rest remain mislead

fucking nintendo making shitty controllers that don't shatter

I've always been happy with Nintendo's controllers, but I find the GC ones poorly suited for old-school Resident Evil. Analogue sucks shit for that kind of control scheme, and I find the d-pad to be difficult to navigate well with.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Jun 19 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #58

The Shadow

I will be the first person to get a copy of Persona 3 if I have to kill for it.

Until then, though, I'm going on a nostalgia binge with a dose of sadism. Armored Core: Nexus on one side (aiming for all S ranks on Revolution), and FFV on another (with a twist: I make sure to max out a Job on everyone before each boss. Then I hit Red Mage. Fuck.)

+Quote Post
Deets
post Jun 20 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #59

all jew (about damaging it)

QUOTE(Fletcher @ Jun 19 2007, 10:51 PM) *
(with a twist: I make sure to max out a Job on everyone before each boss. Then I hit Red Mage. Fuck.)

Since when did sadism become synonymous with extreme boredom?

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jun 20 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #60

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(CStarFlare @ Jun 20 2007, 12:27 AM) *
I've always been happy with Nintendo's controllers, but I find the GC ones poorly suited for old-school Resident Evil. Analogue sucks shit for that kind of control scheme, and I find the d-pad to be difficult to navigate well with.

Fair enough. I haven't played any of the GCN RE games.

Also, call me stupid, and bad at life, but I just got to the final boss in MMBN4 and...what part of that fight is possible again? My folder must suck more than I thought it did.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post

817 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 03:00 PM