Rating 4 V
PkerUNO
post Jun 18 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #21

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Speaking of Need For Speed, I found Most Wanted to be pretty damn good. The world is well-designed and the police chases are really exhilarating!

--------------------
PkerUNO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
over there
post Jun 18 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #22

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(PkerUNO @ Jun 18 2007, 09:38 PM) *
Speaking of Need For Speed, I found Most Wanted to be pretty damn good. The world is well-designed and the police chases are really exhilarating!

Most Wanted was the best since HPII, but it still can't measure up. The police chases seem like rehashes from HPII, and the customizability still bothers me , but it's pretty much required for the game. I'll agree that it's fun to play a race every now and then, but it's easily forgettable in the frame of the whole series.

+Quote Post
Moogy
post Jun 18 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #23

善悪相殺

Odin Sphere is the best PS2 game. Everything else released for the past few years is an utter joke compared to Odin Sphere.

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jun 18 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #24

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Everything is the best anything ever.

On an on-topic note, Touhou games are bad, and I do not like them.

Also, Megaman Battle Network 4 is better than everyone says.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
therealbong
post Jun 18 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #25

Tranoid

I never really got into the battle network series. To be more precise: I've never played one. I just finished ZX though, which I thought was pretty fun. A little easy although I like the way they're heading with it. OH man is the Omega X suit broken (lol at first I didn't know it had an over drive...cause there was no bar...until I accidentally hit the button...OH MAN is it broken).

Dammit, I'm in the mood for Devil Dice/Bombastic now. sad.gif I haven't played that multiplayer in years now.

--------------------
The names Bong, James Bong.

<me and friends after watching the new Batman movie>
"Either you die a slut, or you live long enough to find yourself a single mother."

+Quote Post
Deets
post Jun 18 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #26

all jew (about damaging it)

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Jun 18 2007, 10:01 PM) *
On an on-topic note, Touhou games are bad, and I do not like them.

Nice.

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Jun 19 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #27

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(therealbong @ Jun 18 2007, 11:52 PM) *
Dammit, I'm in the mood for Devil Dice/Bombastic now. sad.gif I haven't played that multiplayer in years now.

OH MY GOD IF YOU ARE NOT A WOMAN PLEASE TURN INTO AN ATTRACTIVE ONE SO YOU CAN HAVE MY CHILDREN.

Bombastic is easily one of my favorite puzzle games. My friends have called me the King of Sixes.

+Quote Post
Hitman
post Jun 19 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #28

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hey, I know some of the games people are talking about in this thread.

I have Odin Sphere and I've played through one character's story. Maybe the first thing worth noting is the game is fairly challenging. I don't think I have as much trouble with it as I've heard other people say they have (elsewhere on the net, not this thread specifically), but I died quite a few times in the later levels, and I'm playing on Normal difficulty. Part of it's just getting used to the game mechanics, though, and I noticed the game got a LOT easier when I decided to replay a level for level-building purposes. Basically, if you're not too rash with your resources, and you take the time to completely explore each level, you won't run into any big problems, but you'll still have to put some effort into it. Also take note: Cooking is THE most useful activity in Odin Sphere, certainly much more useful than in any other game it's been in, and quite possibly real life itself.

It's interesting Resident Evil 4 got brought up, because I JUST bought that again (I lost my previous copy). When I played the game before I relied too much on other people's advice on which guns to get, and I think that's missing the point. You have to carry the guns you think best suit your playing style. I've also learned since then that each gun has some specific unique enhancement that gets added to it once you've upgraded all its parameters all the way. Right? So I might decide to avoid switching to an updated version of the shotgun, for example, if I can help it (since apparently the upgrades are better with the weaker guns).

And since Silent Hill has been brought up some and I can't help myself, I'd just like to say I played through Silent Hill 3 before 1 and I liked it just fine. Actually, it's my favorite one. The story didn't make any sense, but I'm not sure it would have anyway; after playing through SH3 up to the hospital, I actually looked at the GameFAQs guide to the plot, and I think that made things a lot clearer than they normally would have been, and didn't alter my enjoyment of the game (which came mostly from the scares anyway).

I keep hearing that SH3 tends to be the least favorite in the series, and I don't really understand that. SH3 scared me more than any of the others. Robbie the rabbit, the bathroom stall, the mirror room, the... gah... mannequin room? For months after finishing the game, I was afraid to walk around the house for fear a corpse would drop from the ceiling. (Although I guess maybe more people prefer story, which would make more sense. SH2 and SH4 get much better grades for story.)

As for games I've actually been playing recently, I just got Super Mario Sunshine again, and I swear I'm getting all the Shine Sprites this time. If I can figure out where they all are. Don't some require you to shoot water at an invisible icon in the air? Well, even if I don't succeed, at least I get to experience the wonder of dying over and over in the FLUDD-less portions of the game again.

Lastly, I've recently decided that I want to complete some "challenge" in an RPG. Like, collect everything in a specific game, max out all character levels, finish Final Fantasy using all red mages, that kind of thing. I went through a list of games I was most familiar with and Fletcher talked me into finding all weapons and chapters in Drakengard, since I already had a save file from a long time ago aiming towards that effect. As it turns out, it's only 20% complete, but that's a start. And I had completely forgotten the thrill of massacring hundreds of people at a time without bias. RIDE INTO THE DANGER ZONE.

tl;dr

+Quote Post
Putf8umHawke
post Jun 19 2007, 04:40 AM
Post #29

Air Ixion

QUOTE(Hitman @ Jun 19 2007, 06:20 AM) *
I went through a list of games I was most familiar with and Fletcher talked me into finding all weapons and chapters in Drakengard, since I already had a save file from a long time ago aiming towards that effect. As it turns out, it's only 20% complete, but that's a start.

Drakengard was surprisingly very good, and not what me and Omni expected from a Squeenix game when we picked it up. I don't know how many of the endings you've seen, so I'm going to stop here. Drakengard 2 sucks really bad in comparison though... Stupid queer red mage with the gnomes.

--------------------
Twan says: so what possibilities are there
pH-zero says: me being killed for some reason, unlikely though
Twan says: I don't see why that would happen
QUOTE (Darighaz @ Oct 6 2007, 06:27 PM) *
PLATINUM HAWKE IS DEAD.

Twan says: ahhh fuck it, yes, it was me XD
pH-zero says: hahaha, epic pay back you bitch

QUOTE (Moogy @ Mar 6 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I know more about anime than you do.

+Quote Post
Hitman
post Jun 19 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #30

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jun 19 2007, 04:40 AM) *
Drakengard was surprisingly very good, and not what me and Omni expected from a Squeenix game when we picked it up. I don't know how many of the endings you've seen, so I'm going to stop here.

The answer is "none of them". But I've already heard about the incest ending if that's what you were referring to.

+Quote Post
arttq
post Jun 19 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #31

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

To my knowledge Heather is not Cheryl but reborn Alessa. You know the baby that Harry gets in the end.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
jammitch!
post Jun 19 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #32

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I played Bombastic once. The set of sense it made had a supremum of zero.

Currently finishing up Metroid Prime 2, and then I have to go back and take care of Shadow of the Colossus, and I still need to get around to finishing Yoshi's Island DS. The problem there is I like to get 100% on the first pass, but that's hard on the last world, especially when you play 10 minutes before going to sleep. Been using Puzzle League lately though. And then there's the Paper Mario side quests. Stupid dark pit you have to do twice.

--------------------
Ode to RAM
ALL RIGHT, ACT HIGH and LOW
SWITCH to the LAB and FEEL IT SNOW

He had found a Slake-o-Matic machine which had provided him with a compact disc filled with a sound that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike music.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 19 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #33

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

PKER ACTUALLY LIKES PICROSS LOLOLOLOLOL

(no seriously)

edit:

Richard - [ I'm Off To See The Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard Of Happy Hardcre & Disco House *unicef ] says:
I really like Picross
Xythar says:
rofl
Richard - [ I'm Off To See The Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard Of Happy Hardcre & Disco House *unicef ] says:
don't you dare tell anyone

--------------------

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Jun 19 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #34

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

sad.gif

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Jun 19 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #35

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Jun 19 2007, 09:15 AM) *

One of us! One of us!

..still no love for Ys..

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
therealbong
post Jun 19 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #36

Tranoid

QUOTE(jammitch! @ Jun 19 2007, 07:55 AM) *
I played Bombastic once. The set of sense it made had a supremum of zero.

Just play it with a few other people for a few minutes and watch the hours pass by.

Dangit, I need more picross. lol I don't know why PK you're so wanting to be 'in the closet' about picross lol its an awesome game.

And don't talk to me about SH 1 sad.gif. It was the first survival horror I played...and I learned the hard way what 'survival' meant. I got to the last boss with like 50 bullets, and couldn't kill the fucking thing, and I couldn't hit it with the melee weapon I had, and I was at a point where I couldn't go back and look for more shit. lol I still haven't beaten the game.

RE4....normal handgun all the way for me. lol I love looking at reviews saying 'ohh this handgun is the most powerful cause its power rating is like 10.0, you should get this one!' and them doing an 'active test' between the guns and saying that it killed the most zombies by far. Silly nub's not knowing what a head shot is. I agree though that this game ain't no survival horror. I was looking at past saves I had, and I had more ammo slots taken than everything else COMBINED; including weapons. Still uber fun to play though.

--------------------
The names Bong, James Bong.

<me and friends after watching the new Batman movie>
"Either you die a slut, or you live long enough to find yourself a single mother."

+Quote Post
Hitman
post Jun 19 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #37

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(arttq @ Jun 19 2007, 06:14 AM) *
To my knowledge Heather is not Cheryl but reborn Alessa. You know the baby that Harry gets in the end.

That's correct. Although technically Cheryl was created to contain the soul of Alessa, and the two sort of became one when Cheryl returned to Silent Hill, and then Alessa was reborn as Heather, so technically all three are the same person. Like Fei in Xenogears.

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Jun 19 2007, 08:15 AM) *

Picross as in Mario Picross? I thought everyone liked that. (Note: That link seems broken for some reason right now, but hopefully it won't be eventually.)

--------------------
As the whole army walked in accompanied by tanks walked in more, a bunch of soldiers walked up a grenade in each of their hands.
--Tom Dyron

Have a Drink at the SAND WITCH! The sun makes heat, it's hot my meat! Have a drink!
--Teh Baro

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Jun 19 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #38

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

This thread needs more Picross love.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jun 19 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #39

Banned Routine

I didn't care for Resident Evil 4, even after I had gotten over the initial disappointment of it not being a Resident Evil game.

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 19 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #40

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

But that was the best thing about RE4 biggrin.gif

--------------------