Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for another "newbie", because everyone else is better than me
HikaTen
post Mar 5 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #41

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hey, um, Dewgy...? You know all those songs you had higher scores than me on 9...? Um... a lot of them aren't higher scores anymore.

Song Battle Comparison
DWGY Victories: 28
HNT Victories: 90
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 4 over 2
9-Line - 84 over 24
Hyper - Draw, 2 wins each.
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
DWGY Total: 11723731
HNT Total: 12267493
HNT WINS!
Difference = 543762

I haven't gone at Pop'n 10 much today (I'll do that tomorrow), but... you might want to fortify your position.

On a side note, in the short amount of Pop'n 10 I did today, I FINALLY PASSED EFFING GABBA!!!!11!! so I've got every song on [9] that I have access to and that isn't over 28 difficulty cleared. Curse you, Special Ending 2 and Des-Reggae!

**sigh** can't pass anything over about 26 yet, and yet I somehow managed to clear Oba-Q [EX] earlier... WTF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 6 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #42

Tranoid

I've about halved that difference after tonight, and I haven't included any crossover songs from 10. (That I did better on, anyhow.) In any case, nice work. biggrin.gif We seem to be a pretty even match.

For now, though, I must leave Pop'n 10 undefended. I have a rather large amount of coffee (64 oz. happy.gif), and a rather large project to finish for Monday night. And I actually care about this class, so off I go.

EDIT: OK, I took a decent break and fortified 10, although I'm putting in the scores after I post this. Let me just say, you have a <removed> fight ahead of you. Everything except for <removed> in <removed> is <removed> and <removed>. cool.gif

<removed>, on the other hand, is <removed> and <removed>. tongue.gif

EDIT AGAIN: Hehe. Sorry. I have a bad poker face. So, I just kind of blur it out. Best not to let one's strategy known, eh? Besides, it now reads really funny. laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 6 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #43

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Dewgy @ Mar 6 2005, 03:19 AM)
EDIT AGAIN: Hehe. Sorry. I have a bad poker face. So, I just kind of blur it out. Best not to let one's strategy known, eh? Besides, it now reads really funny.  laugh.gif

Meh, how much strategy is there in a Pop'n battle? "If the box is red, turn it blue. If the box is blue and contains a number less than 500, fix it."

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 6 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #44

Tranoid

DAMN! You've discovered my strategy.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 6 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #45

Dazzlin' Darlin

Meh, I use an even simpler one. "Check your score. If score<100k , play the song until you get a new record. Move on to the next song." Achieves the same end result, really, but...

Edit: Oh, you might want to watch out for your Pop'n 10 scores... I got up to the 19s today playing all the songs that I haven't 100k'd yet, and a lot of these songs are coming out with 95k+ scores... I'm back in the lead for the moment, too.

+Quote Post
Soldato J
post Mar 11 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #46

Dazzlin' Darlin

HikaTen, thanks for the reply. Let me have another crack at it........now I have something to shoot for....(you are currently kicking my arse) biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 11 2005, 04:52 PM
Post #47

Dazzlin' Darlin

@Dewgy: Now that Remy added the "All CS versions" battle option....

Song Battle Comparison
DWGY Victories: 101
HNT Victories: 129
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 4 over 2
9-Line - 109 over 79
Hyper - 19 over 15
Ex - Draw, 1 wins each.

Score Comparison
DWGY Total: 22995135
HNT Total: 23220112
HNT WINS!
Difference = 224977

@Soldato: Same applies...

Song Battle Comparison
ACE~ Victories: 28
HNT Victories: 178
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - Draw, 0 wins each.
9-Line - 148 over 10
Hyper - 30 over 16
Ex - 2 over 0

Score Comparison
ACE~ Total: 17964121
HNT Total: 19114741
HNT WINS!
Difference = 1150620

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 12 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #48

Tranoid

Ooooh, you shall rue the day, HikaTen. Now I have to put in all my scores I've been too lazy to put in!

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 12 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #49

Dazzlin' Darlin

Heh. Go for it Dewgy, I welcome the challenge.

I think I'll try and fill in my Pop'n8 5-line chart tomorrow (today?). Need to do that. And then more work on Gambler de Z where I have 1.5 runs through the dungeon left before it's cleared and I get marathon mode.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 12 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #50

Tranoid

Beautiful. Go Gambler de Z. (I actually thought it was funny. Quick? No. But funny from a conceptual standpoint.)

My Pop'n 9 scores (some of them, anyway) are complete and utter ASS. Nowhere near the calibre of my Pop'n 10 scores. Gotta work on that. tongue.gif

Example: Hyper JPop 2 for me was about a 75k. Just redid it with a 100k. o_O
I really really need to go redo some of those. tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 18 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #51

Dazzlin' Darlin

I just now completed Gambler de Z and thus have turned it off. The result:

TIME TO FILL UP MY POP'N 9 5-LINE TABLE!

Oh, and after that's done... Dewgy, I challenge you to a Pop'n 9 9-Line Marathon duel! There's that nice convenient score screen at the end, after all :3

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 18 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #52

Tranoid

So, nine brightly colored buttons at dawn, it is.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 19 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #53

Dazzlin' Darlin

Well, I'm not so sure about dawn... I've still got 81 songs left on my 5-line marathon, after all. Perhaps high noon, though.

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 23 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #54

Dazzlin' Darlin

>_< stupid brother thinking the small controller is loud from the other end of the house... I think I'll finally be starting on that marathon tomorrow once I get through the final leg of the 5-line one. Still up for this, Dewgy?

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 23 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #55

Tranoid

Seeing as I'm already about thirty songs in already, I'd say that's a big ol' yes. biggrin.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 23 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #56

Dazzlin' Darlin

only 30 in? Did you start late (like I'm one to talk there), or are you redoing legs if you're not scoring very high?

hehe... either way, we'll probably have to do this again around the end of the school year... I'm going to try to get a Ransai in the May batch, and doing this again will be a good way to get used to the difference in size. Not to mention that you'll be on a Ransai by then, ne?

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 23 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #57

Tranoid

You bet, though I will definitely finish this marathon on my Mini.

And I'm about 60 in right now (taking liberal breaks), and I only redo a leg if I fuck up reeeeally badly on the first song of the set. Missing 15 of the first 20 in Hi-Ten K Mix for example... blarg. That'll teach me to play Pop'n two minutes after I wake up.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 24 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #58

Dazzlin' Darlin

>_< Hopefully I can get a decent start tonight. Would've started last night, but my brother abducted the PS2 and took it to his girlfriend's house and didn't get back until like 11:30 so I couldn't play any.

Then again, I may just clear the whole thing tonight. Probably just through to the end of the second-to-last leg, though; I discovered last night that my cameraphone doesn't take very high-res pictures and I have no clue how well it'll do with a TV screen.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 24 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #59

Tranoid

Ooooh, blech. Though if it can hit 640X480, it might be ok. Just try taking a pic of a random results screen. If it's moderately legible, go for it.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 24 2005, 09:11 PM
Post #60

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hm. Well, let's see. I snagged a pic of my final score screen for 5-line Marathon, and it looks like it came out fine, so maybe it won't be a problem after all...

http://www.oregonstate.edu/~sinnettj/pnm9_5linemarathon.jpeg

Cleared 9-line through Hama-Ska today. Hopefully I can get a decent amount farther in tomorrow.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 05:22 AM