IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for another "newbie", because everyone else is better than me
Stat1k
post Feb 12 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #21

I would battle with you Hika, but I am basically relearning the game again after a 6 month absence and don't know how fair it would be, but let me know if you want a friendly competition at popn 10.=)

Same with you svenyip, I think we could get some good out of competing =)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
svenyip
post Feb 13 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #22

Tranoid

QUOTE(Stat1k @ Feb 13 2005, 12:41 AM)
Same with you svenyip, I think we could get some good out of competing =)

At this point, I'm more than willing to compete/compare my scores against pretty much anyone. Makes for a nice incentive to boost scores and hit 100Ks one some of the ones I probably can by this point.

Whereas if I'm just going for raising my 'overall ranking' on a game compared to other people, I'll tend to ignore playing any song that I have over 95K and a 150+ Combo on. The "artificial motivation" to improve just isn't there, then. tongue.gif

At this point, I've managed to clear ALMOST everything 25 or less. There's a few exceptions (songs like Circuit Hyper are still eluding me, and friggin' Skip I have almost 95K on and STILL can't clear). Haven't braved anything 26 or higher on Pop'n 10 yet. On the other hand, since I survived both "Special Ending 2" and "Des-Reggae" on 8 (which are supposedly 29 and 30 respectively), there's got to be at least a FEW of the higher songs I can clear. Not necessarily WELL, but ...

Lesee, at this point:
9-Line - 41 (ST1K) over 33 (YIP)
Hyper - 24 (ST1K) over 6 (YIP)

You're not trouncing me as badly as I expected (hypers notwithstanding laugh.gif ).

--------------------
--- Svenyip, Beatrider of the Ambient Melody

+Quote Post
Stat1k
post Feb 14 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #23

As of 10:10 this evening, this is the current standing:

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
YIP Victories: 49
ST1K Victories: 60
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - Draw, 0 wins each.
9-Line - 42 over 32
Hyper - 28 over 7
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
YIP Total: 10231621
ST1K Total: 10371809
ST1K WINS!
Difference = 140188

Looks like we are still pretty much neck and neck...I had to go in and re-establish myself a bit, but there are some scores in there that I am looking forward to improving on =)
Hopefully I'll come back on Tuesday and have alot to work on! Keep up the good work my worthy opponent. =)

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Feb 14 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #24

Dazzlin' Darlin

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
ST1K Victories: 94
HNT Victories: 9
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 66 over 9
Hyper - 28 over 0
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
ST1K Total: 9756573
HNT Total: 9170016
ST1K WINS!
Difference = 586557

T_T

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
ST1K Victories: 61
HNT Victories: 24
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 56 over 23
Hyper - 5 over 1
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
ST1K Total: 8612769
HNT Total: 8358676
ST1K WINS!
Difference = 254093

Well, Pop'n 9 isn't quite so bad, especially given that all but one or two of the songs on 9 have only been played once so far (got 8 and 9 same day, more time spent on 8 than 9 so far)... I need to go back and replay all the 10 songs or something. But still... T_T I'm way behind.

Oh, and Svenyip - I'll take a crack at your PNM9 [5] scores once I've got Gambler de Z cleared so I can marathon-mode them the way I did for my PNM10 [5] scores. Kinda looking forward to that, just because it'll mean I have the full unlock set done. Stupid freaking dungeon stomper unlock system... >_< I'm stopped one space away from a Pop'n 10 machine at the moment. It's really going to suck if I pull a 72 on my next round...

+Quote Post
svenyip
post Feb 14 2005, 04:19 AM
Post #25

Tranoid

QUOTE(HikaTen @ Feb 14 2005, 04:25 AM)
It's really going to suck if I pull a 72 on my next round...

It's probably too late to matter now, but you could always have just started Arcade mode, started a song and hit START to auto-fail it (you automatically "pass" your first one), start a second song and auto-fail IT. You'll reach Gambler De Z with a whopping one die to roll, and can only move 1-6 spaces. Would be enough in this case.

Likewise, when fighting the "Boss Songs," you can start an Expert course and hit START to auto-fail it, ending your game right away. You won't get ANY dice, but since you're right next to the boss and don't NEED to move, you'll get to fight it anyway. (If you're anything like me, 'fighting' a boss usually involves failing the song three times in a row, which will defeat the boss and unlock the song anyway.)

... and Stat1k, you can call me a worthy opponent once I get good enough to start putting a dent in some of your HYPER scores. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Feb 14 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #26

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(svenyip @ Feb 14 2005, 03:19 AM)
It's probably too late to matter now, but you could always have just started Arcade mode, started a song and hit START to auto-fail it (you automatically "pass" your first one), start a second song and auto-fail IT.  You'll reach Gambler De Z with a whopping one die to roll, and can only move 1-6 spaces.  Would be enough in this case.

Bleah, I'd rather play the three songs and get the scores and experience. I'll deal with the Gambler de Z tomorrow, as tonight is going to be working on Pop'n 8's unlocks and popuutf8g my Pop'n 8 chart.

Does Pop'n 8 have a marathon mode?

+Quote Post
svenyip
post Feb 15 2005, 09:47 AM
Post #27

Tranoid

If I remember right, Pop'n 8 didn't have a Marathon mode, no. Either that or I didn't unlock everything when I reached 100% in the 'board game.'

And despite everyone complaining about Pop'n 10's "Roulette System," I personally find the end parts of Pop'n 9 even more tedious. I already HAVE all the songs, and can't really motivate to go through two more trips of the dungeon just to unlock an EX I'm not ready to attempt yet, and a Hyper I already HAVE on Pop'n 10.

=================================

Hopefully I'll come back on Tuesday and have alot to work on! Keep up the good work my worthy opponent. =)

Well, since you asked ... smile.gif

Song Battle Comparison:
ST1K Victories: 48 / YIP Victories: 60 --- YIP WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown:
9-Line - 48 over 26 / Hyper - 22 over 12

Score Comparison:
10371809 / 10421487 --- YIP WINS! --- Difference = 49678

I'm still struggling to put a dent in the Hypers, or pretty much anything above a 20 that we've both played. But I cleaned up a lot of the songs that you had a major (5000+) point difference in, and was surprised by how much my scores were able to improve in the process. Gotta love that "improving without realizing it" thing.

Cosmic Hyper, on the other hand, still makes me want to throw the controller through the window. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stat1k
post Feb 15 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #28

I have to go to the dentist here in a few, but rest assured that once I get back I am going to get to work on not only unlocking some more songs, but also getting to work knocking down some of those scores...

And you want frustrating?! Carribean Beats [H]!! >_< Ugh... Maybe now that I have Speed 6 it will be easier.

+Quote Post
svenyip
post Feb 15 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #29

Tranoid

Yeah, I had no trouble at least CLEARING Carribean Beats due to Hi-Speed 6. But Cosmic's stupid 'alternating left hand notes' sections turn into Good-fests for me. It's a silent example of how much further I still have to go in this, and why I'm still scared to try most 26+ songs when a 24 can cause me this much grief. biggrin.gif

Anyway, have fun smashing my scores back down. Since I work second-shift, I smash most of my pop-kuns in the late morning/early afternoon ... or at midnight when I get home (assuming the downstairs neighbors are still awake so they won't kill me - I can't imagine "button mashing" sounding very quiet in the still of night).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stat1k
post Feb 15 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #30

I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked to have, but I took a couple from you, and got a little closer on a few of your scores...You shouldn't have too much trouble getting back in the lead, but heres how it stands as of now.

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
YIP Victories: 53
ST1K Victories: 59
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 42 over 33
Hyper - 24 over 11
Ex - 2 over 0

Score Comparison
YIP Total: 10996857
ST1K Total: 10992399
YIP WINS!
Difference = 4458

+Quote Post
svenyip
post Feb 16 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #31

Tranoid

My efforts today are actually WORSENING my cause. tongue.gif

Played a bunch of the 26s I hadn't attempted yet, cleared several on the first run-through, but my scores are consistently several thousand below yours.

Ah, well. Two steps forward, one step back, and all that. I'll never improve if I stay where I am. And I haven't flooded my graph with 60K scores. (Yet.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stat1k
post Feb 24 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #32

Just to let ya know, I am still playing, I have just been VERY busy. I played a little bit and knocked down some of your scores and added a couple new ones, but some of those 9lines are gonna take a bit of work.

+Quote Post
svenyip
post Feb 26 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #33

Tranoid

Likewise, I'm still kicking out here. After clearing all but one or two of the 27s that Pop'n 10 had to offer, I went on to the 28s ... and got destroyed on EVERY one I tried that wasn't the Castlevania remix. Guess rumors of the 'difficulty jump' around that point aren't exaggerated. smile.gif

Figure I'll give 'em each a second run before posting my low scores on them and giving you even more wins as a result. At the moment, I've gone back to Pop'n 9 to finally finish the last run through the dungeon and try to get all my 9-Line scores there up above 90K.

But with Hip Rock 2 and Oi Punk on there, that may be an effort in futility ...

===========

[EDIT] Well, I went back and used my newfound skills (such as they are) on Pop 'n 10, increasing my scores on a lot of the lower hypers and some 9-Lines I probably could have at least 95K-ed a while back. Now I'm up 78/54, but Core Groove Hyper STILL smacks me silly. (Ended it on the border on my last attempt, but this ain't IIDX. Heh.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soldato J
post Mar 3 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #34

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hey guys, I am kind of new here and been playing since January (got 10+mini-con for Christmas). I am currently at about the 24-25 level (though Special Cooking (27) crept in there too). Anyone game for a battle, let me know. I kind of suck, but we can suck together!

edit:btw, I have 8 and 10...and a Desktop Arcade on the way

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 3 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #35

Dazzlin' Darlin

Pop'n 10 --
Song Battle Comparison
ACE~ Victories: 24
HNT Victories: 78
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 64 over 11
Hyper - 13 over 12
Ex - Draw, 1 wins each.

Score Comparison
ACE~ Total: 8914715
HNT Total: 9260066
HNT WINS!
Difference = 345351

Pop'n 8 --
Song Battle Comparison
ACE~ Victories: 11
HNT Victories: 96
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 79 over 7
Hyper - 17 over 4
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
ACE~ Total: 9291259
HNT Total: 9858258
HNT WINS!
Difference = 566999

There you go, take some shots at me. I've also got 9 if you want to go after me on that one later on...

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 4 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #36

Tranoid

Damn, we're close. tongue.gif

Song Battle Comparison
HNT Victories: 63
DWGY Victories: 54
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 4 over 2
9-Line - 57 over 50
Hyper - Draw, 2 wins each.
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
HNT Total: 11863344
DWGY Total: 11526953
HNT WINS!
Difference = 336391

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 4 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #37

Dazzlin' Darlin

What the....? Oh wait, that's Pop'n 9 scores. >_< I'm working on dealing with your 86/57 lead on 10 at the moment. WE WILL BE TIED ONCE MORE, BWAHAHAHAHA!

...ahem.

Yeah, I need to beat some of your scores again.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 4 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #38

Tranoid

Oh... hehe. I thought you had 8 and 9. I'll... have to check that out in a bit. ninja.gif

EDIT: And so I did. You are so screwed when I finish 5-line Marathon on 9th. Hehe. After that I'm putting in all my 5-line scores.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.

+Quote Post
HikaTen
post Mar 4 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #39

Dazzlin' Darlin

heh. and I won't have any 5-line scores beyond the 10 overlaps for 9 until I get marathon unlocked myself, so... um. yeah.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 4 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #40

Tranoid

WE'RE BOTH SCREWED!!!!!!

tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 08:33 PM