IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

571 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The IIDX Milestones Thread, Post your defining achievements!
qkumbr
post Feb 29 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #21

Dead Horse

only posting in here because this song has taunted me for so long. i threw it on mirror and got it.
http://vjarmy.com/iidx/viewsong.php?songid...&highlight=MATT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
craz[A-V]
post Mar 1 2004, 08:05 AM
Post #22

Evergreen

My recent milestone. Last night i sightread Wow Wow 70's 7key and passed and the M2(insert rest of updates) song, and sight read passed that too. I need to get some more scores up.

+Quote Post
suicidal2af
post Mar 1 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #23

Evergreen

My big milestone: passing dive~into your heart~[7] and holic[7] while my friends that have playing for over 4 months failed them right next to me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kimcicle
post Mar 2 2004, 02:00 AM
Post #24

Dazzlin' Darlin

Most recent milestone for me is getting an AAA. (Romeo and Juliet L7, but it's still an AAA)

Other big milestones for me were:
- Passing Starmine
- Passing the Hyper course on 4th Style (New York City Boy, Jive Into the Night, Fantasy, Final Countdown, and B4U)
- Passing B4U

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 2 2004, 03:45 AM
Post #25

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (kimcicle @ Mar 2 2004, 02:00 AM)
Most recent milestone for me is getting an AAA. (Romeo and Juliet L7, but it's still an AAA)

Hey, that was my first AAA too. Nice job. My second was Comment te dire adieu L7, I think -- try for that. Or 5.1.1. L7/7k are always easy choices.

+Quote Post
skullie
post Mar 2 2004, 03:49 AM
Post #26

Evergreen

Other big milestones for me were:
- Passing Starmine
- Passing the Hyper course on 4th Style (New York City Boy, Jive Into the Night, Fantasy, Final Countdown, and B4U)
- Passing B4U

Damn! Not only do you have the same solo-AAA as me, you managed to pass B4U before me as well!

I sense a DJ rivalry in the making! Although I'd have to gain skill very quickly to overtake you.. dry.gif

edit: okay the solo-AAA is outdated now. BUT STILL

+Quote Post
kimcicle
post Mar 3 2004, 03:58 AM
Post #27

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 2 2004, 03:45 AM)

Hey, that was my first AAA too. Nice job. My second was Comment te dire adieu L7, I think -- try for that. Or 5.1.1. L7/7k are always easy choices.

I would think so too, but I'm still not quite consistant with my Just Greats so songs with a really low count of keys is hard for me. I can pass songs, but my EX scores are horrible. As for Comment te dire adieu L7, I'm 2 EX points away from AAAing that song. ><

That noted, I finally passed Colors and DXY! 7 key. Woooo~ Next step is to pass the rest of the 7 / flashing 7 star songs I can't do still (The Safari, GOB WS, Nemesis, and Take it Easy)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 4 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #28

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

my milestone - I PASSED V. FINALLY.

...but I used Easy. sad.gif

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
Devil Warrior
post Mar 6 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #29

Dazzlin' Darlin

Woot! 100th AAA today! Night of Fire l7. Also got 4 more, including Holic, Frozen Ray, Starmine, and Jelly Kiss all on l7, yay.

+Quote Post
LOC_Fchaos
post Mar 7 2004, 01:53 AM
Post #30

Dazzlin' Darlin

Passed Kakumei 7k 1 handed at TCF yesterday... with a poopy score... which I will conveniently blame on 9th's iffy timing...(Muahaha...) Just another rung in the ladder fer meh.... next is AAing the whore. Which I will save for when 7th CS comes out. Hoohah.

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Mar 7 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #31

Rising in the Sun

Got my first AAA AND PC on double at the same time today. 5.1.1 (14K) didn't even get any extra poors. biggrin.gif

Also passed my first 6 star 14K, More Deep (ver2.1)

--------------------
Kilroy was here --m-O_O-m--
user posted image

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 9 2004, 08:28 AM
Post #32

DJ Battle This User

My 200th AAA:

I was saving the song just for this occasion, because it's one of my favorites. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Mar 9 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #33

Rising in the Sun

[quote=BBH,Mar 9 2004, 08:28 AM]My 200th AAA:

(reincarnation score pic)

I was saving the song just for this occasion, because it's one of my favorites.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 9 2004, 07:02 PM
Post #34

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Kilroy @ Mar 9 2004, 09:21 AM)
Wow! Nicely done!! We must have similar taste in music. Reincarnation is one of, if THE best song in IIDX IMHO. I also saw that you dig Clione, which also kicks arse.

Yeah, they're probably two of my favorite songs in the series too... too bad Clione's video isn't one of the best like Reincarnation, though.

Looks like my goal is set for tonight. I MUST AAA REINCARNATION 7K! I'll post how that turns out wink.gif
Prepare for a lot of grief getting through the rolls in the middle without getting too many Goods. I can't do that part worth shit.

The funny/sad thing was my struggle to AAA it, too. Need 934 points or more, I got 932 twice... and a 933 where I got a Bad on the last of the "mini-drumrolls" near the end. ohhh boy was that upsetting. I had tried both Random and Mirror separately to see if they would help any, but they didn't seem to... Random could make the rolls REALLY uncomfortable...

wanna see who can AA the another 1st?  laugh.gif

well, I would say "YOU'RE ON!" but I've played too much 3rd Style the last couple days and need to play something else dry.gif I'll give it a try soon though. I hate the clusterfuck of notes that the Another becomes, I can't score well on it at all... although I did improve my score quite a bit when I tried my favorite new modifier out... *cough*

Edit: My raid on your L7 scores has closed the gap nicely.

KIL: 104  biggrin.gif
BBH: 105  dry.gif
Draw: 4  ohmy.gif

Expect your L7 reign to end tonight my friend  :ph34r:

Maaaaaaaaaan, what did I ever do to deserve this sad.gif laugh.gif

although now that I've reached my 200 goal I'm more inspired to just take my time and improve some old scores.... so you're not getting that without a fight, buddy. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Mar 9 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #35

Rising in the Sun

While not nearly as sweet as if it had been my 200th AAA, I managed to accomplish my 1st goal tonight:

Reincarnation [7] AAA FC :ph34r:

418 - 102 - 5 - 0 - 0

Mone

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 9 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #36

DJ Battle This User

One point??

ONE FREAKING POINT?!?!?

*@#^$&^&*!@*&!*@&

at least I still have my AAA/FC on Clione, I guess....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Devil Warrior
post Mar 9 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #37

Dazzlin' Darlin

Gah! You guys are friggin' beating me by 1 point increments, almost makes me want to bust out 3rd style right now and try and top them.

EDIT: Ok, tied BBH, it is all good now.

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Mar 10 2004, 02:25 AM
Post #38

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (BBH @ Mar 9 2004, 09:36 PM)
at least I still have my AAA/FC on Clione, I guess....

No doubt. If you mean the 7K version, you are stomping me at it. (for now wink.gif ) You did see that I straight Murmur Twin'd you on the Light 7 version right? That seems to happen alot. Damn you for posting your score a mere 4 days ahead of me! laugh.gif

In further developments, I've accomplished my second goal:

L7 wins
KIL = 111
BBH! = 98
Draw = 3

...which ironically accomplished yet another small goal:

3rd place in the 3rd Style [L7] Grand Ranking *sorry about that one too BBH*

ohmy.gif - 'oh my!'

I hope you're not taking it personal, it's all just for fun. wink.gif And if nothing else, you can rest assured that your Let's Talk It over L7 score might never be challenged by me again. I know it's only 4 points, but fuh-hu-huuu-huuuck that song. It hurt my feelings over and over again for 1 1/2 hours straight. sad.gif 3 points from a AAA, it can still kiss my buttcrack. tongue.gif

Guess I'll be working on 7k & doubles for now. Let me know when you take back your L7 throne. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 10 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #39

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Kilroy @ Mar 10 2004, 01:25 AM)
No doubt. If you mean the 7K version, you are stomping me at it. (for now wink.gif ) You did see that I straight Murmur Twin'd you on the Light 7 version right? That seems to happen alot. Damn you for posting your score a mere 4 days ahead of me!  laugh.gif

Yeah, wassup with that? First Melt in My Arms and now that. Also I must note that Devil Warrior has completely matched my score on Reincarnation now too... get your own damn scores, guys! laugh.gif

In further developments, I've accomplished my second goal:

L7 wins
KIL = 111
BBH! = 98
Draw = 3

Well I played a lot of L7 tonight on 6th Style. I'm afraid that I knocked off 9 of your scores. So now it's:

BBH! = 107
KIL = 102
Draw = 3

okay, that's not as big a margin for you to make up now, but at least I recovered pretty well smile.gif I think my favorite thing about tonight was AAA'ing Hyper Boundary Gate L7. What? I never play that crap, and I end up getting a score that beats qkumbr and Saiyajin too? Unreal....

By the way, on L7 for a while You Were The One, but now I'm afraid that You Are The Four. wink.gif

I hope you're not taking it personal, it's all just for fun. wink.gif And if nothing else, you can rest assured that your Let's Talk It over L7 score might never be challenged by me again. I know it's only 4 points, but fuh-hu-huuu-huuuck that song. It hurt my feelings over and over again for 1 1/2 hours straight. sad.gif  3 points from a AAA, it can still kiss my buttcrack. tongue.gif

Oh of course I know it's all in good fun! And yes, Let's Talk it Over is eeeeeeeeevil. A few days ago I spent quite a while trying to AAA it and kept coming up short, constantly getting 187k money scores. So when I put 3rd Style in again the other day I gave it another shot and got it within a few tries, thankfully. For me it would all come down to how well I did on the part about 2/3 in where it's heavy on the 123 keys... it's a weird section to score on. And now I never have to play it again.

And, uhhhhhhh, we seem to be hijacking the original purpose of this "Milestones" thread... perhaps we should take our ongoing war to the Nemesis forum. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Mar 10 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #40

Rising in the Sun

[quote=BBH,Mar 10 2004, 07:47 AM]And, uhhhhhhh, we seem to be hijacking the original purpose of this "Milestones" thread... perhaps we should take our ongoing war to the Nemesis forum.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

571 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 10:14 AM