Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beatmania US, Now available
Shimono
post May 18 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #41

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Remy @ his blog)
Feel The Light

HELL YEAH. Oh man that would be so sexy.

I'm not going to pass judgment on this until we know more (probably not until it's actually out), but though I understand the headaches it's going to bring for you, Remy, I have to say this bodes incredibly well for the future of music gaming in the US as a whole. Let us just hope that popularity does not lead to lame-arity....wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(dog$ @ Sep 13 2005, 05:59 PM)
Space Fight is quite simply the worst 108 seconds of audio ever produced by humanity. There are not enough words in the English language for me to convey just how offensive Space Fight is; it's the worst IIDX song, worst Bemani song, and worst song in the entire collective of all music worldwide.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Khaistyle
post May 18 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #42

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ May 18 2005, 06:04 PM)
If Nothin Ain't Stopping Us is a 5* on ANY difficulty, it's not unfeasible to think that The Shining Polaris would be a 7*...

Ahahahaha! laugh.gif

Wow, looks like I'll be passing 12-15* songs in no time!

--------------------
NOTE: this is my old account, don't update anymore, don't battle people anymore, but I do have a new VJA account on the rise. (Remy please delete this if you can so I can post under a new name.)

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 18 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #43

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(rmz @ May 18 2005, 05:51 PM)
His article about how Pop'n is a Space Invaders-esque alien-killing game where the aliens emit musical sounds when they die is worth a read.

That was about IIDX actually but yeah, it's great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post May 18 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #44

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

If Nothin Ain't Stopping Us is a 5* on ANY difficulty, it's not unfeasible to think that The Shining Polaris would be a 7*...

I think they might have been stuffing in random numbers for screenshot purposes.

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post May 18 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #45

Rising in the Sun

Just got back from E3. Met up with Paranoia there. But anyways, they certainly had it there (completely overshadowed by DDR of course, but nevertheless it was there). I swear I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it as today was the first I heard about it. happy.gif;

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
Deets
post May 18 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #46

all jew (about damaging it)

QUOTE(Kythlyn @ May 18 2005, 09:16 PM)
Just got back from E3. Met up with Paranoia there. But anyways, they certainly had it there (completely overshadowed by DDR of course, but nevertheless it was there). I swear I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it as today was the first I heard about it. happy.gif;

Any details that we haven't heard about yet?

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post May 18 2005, 09:27 PM
Post #47

Rising in the Sun

G4 was recording it when I got there so I didn't get to spend much time with it. They were on 5-key mode and the songlist was only 5 or 6 songs. :/ I'm sure Paranoia will have more information though. He seemed fairly rooted there when I got there. happy.gif; But at least we know it will be televised on G4 even if Konami doesn't bother to make a big deal out of it.

Edit: Still, one thing we can be pretty sure of. Schlagwerk doesn't stand a chance of getting through uncensored (if it's even in the game).

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
Deets
post May 18 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(Kythlyn @ May 18 2005, 09:27 PM)
G4 was recording it when I got there so I didn't get to spend much time with it. They were on 5-key mode and the songlist was only 5 or 6 songs. :/ I'm sure Paranoia will have more information though. He seemed fairly rooted there when I got there. happy.gif; But at least we know it will be televised on G4 even if Konami doesn't bother to make a big deal out of it.

Can we expect typical embarrassing G4 coverage, or are you unable to say?

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post May 18 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #49

Rising in the Sun

Kythlyn does not comment on rumor or speculation (no clue... again, Paranoia would be the better person to ask).

Edit: Actually now that you mention it they seemed to have someone there who knew how to play. But they were filming their announcer at the time, not the game, so I didn't see him play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jadin
post May 19 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #50

I♥prat fall

my friend CJ called me at work, he got to play 'beatmania' at E3. He said that the shining polaris 7k had some notes removed... maybe about 3/4ths of the total notes remained.
he also said that ddr mario was actually pretty good.

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #51

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

So uh, is he sure he wasn't just playing the L7?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 19 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #52

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

DJP said that all of the 7-key songs save one were only playable on L7 at the public demo, so that had to be it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Skyline
post May 19 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #53

Rising in the Sun

Although people PCing the A7 charts would have drawn a bigger crowd. :x

+Quote Post
svenyip
post May 19 2005, 05:37 AM
Post #54

Tranoid

When it's all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up re-naming the difficulty levels for the US release into the DDR format, with Light = Beginner's Mode, Standard = Light7, Heavy = 7 Key and Challenge/Oni = Another.

Making Beginner's Mode an 'official' difficulty would be the easiest way for them to make the game more accessible for beginners without having to worry about including several of the pre-existing 1* songs or make new ones. Kinda like how ... was it 6th Style that had all the songs playable in Beginner's except for the unlockables?

Of the ten existing L7 1*s, I don't see a lot of them "working" for an american release. 5.1.1. is a shoe-in ... Gambol could be on there but that brings its OWN can of worms, and maybe Macho Gang, along with a 'token ballad.'

It's all idle speculation for the next year or so, anyway. But if they ever DID decide to change the grading system from 'Flashing Greats' to 'Perfects,' it'd be an absolute DISASTER. That'd be so distracting it wouldn't even be funny. If it ain't broke ...

--------------------
--- Svenyip, Beatrider of the Ambient Melody

+Quote Post
Skyline
post May 19 2005, 06:59 AM
Post #55

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(svenyip @ May 19 2005, 03:37 AM)
Of the ten existing L7 1*s, I don't see a lot of them "working" for an american release.  5.1.1. is a shoe-in ... Gambol could be on there but that brings its OWN can of worms, and maybe Macho Gang, along with a 'token ballad.'

The media will dive right into Gambol and rip the game to shreds. Sad but true. It's best that none of the 3rd Style Fuckness™ makes it's way here.

And they'd have to come up with a different name for ANAL SPYDER if Macho gang makes it in.

"Mommy? What's an 'anal spyder'? Why would someone stick spiders up there?"

They'd probably list the artist as "DJ SWAN" or "baby weapon" or whatever the hell else Keiichi Uemo uses as a surname.

+Quote Post
blah
post May 19 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #56

Tranoid

I really wish we hadn't learned of this until much closer to the release. Now I have to be pessimistic for a whole year...

Can we just not begin to speculate on how good/bad/fun/controversial/blahblahblah this is going to be for at least 6 months? There'll still be plenty of time left over. And on another note, if the release is really almost a year out... I'd say there's a good chance that half of the changes people are dreading are quite likely. If they were just porting 9th with a different song list and cutting any IIDX references, they'd be releasing it much, much sooner. The existing game pictures obviously appear to be mock-ups anyway - which is good, because I can't really see 9th's interface doing well stateside. They'll give us something more universally aesthetically pleasing.....

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
QUOTE(darkmage @ Feb 26 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]53078[/snapback]

lets all enjoy pressing buttons, regardless of whether or not we may be good at it. and lets press buttons to maytag repairman and other such classic tunes.

+Quote Post
Remy
post May 19 2005, 09:13 AM
Post #57

VJ Army is dead or alive

Apparently Konami has already broken the grading system.

http://vjarmy.com/wiki/index.php/CS_USA

Blah: This isn't a mockup. This is a playable demo. It might change, sure, but I doubt it.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
Deets
post May 19 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #58

QUOTE(blah @ May 19 2005, 07:19 AM)
The existing game pictures obviously appear to be mock-ups anyway - which is good, because I can't really see 9th's interface doing well stateside. They'll give us something more universally aesthetically pleasing.....

I can't tell if you're joking. How is 9th's interface not "universally aesthetically pleasing"?

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #59

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Remy @ May 19 2005, 10:13 AM)
Apparently Konami has already broken the grading system.

Well, as long as the timing windows themselves are unchanged, I don't see a problem. Just treat it as 5th or before and use VJ Army for your 'real' grades, ignoring whatever the game happens to give you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
svenyip
post May 19 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #60

Tranoid

QUOTE(Skyline @ May 19 2005, 07:59 AM)
And they'd have to come up with a different name for ANAL SPYDER if Macho gang makes it in.

Tell it to Ultramix 2. Precedence says that Anal Spyders are rated E for Everyone. biggrin.gif

--------------------
--- Svenyip, Beatrider of the Ambient Melody

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 10:14 PM