Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

114 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beatmania US, Now available
Remy
post May 17 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #21

VJ Army is dead or alive

If you listen very hard, you can hear me beating my head into my desk.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirSlarty
post May 17 2005, 11:17 PM
Post #22

Rising in the Sun

I, personally, have high doubts about this.

Konami needs a better description of the game if it wants to attract new players in the American market. And I seriously hope that they don't screw with difficulty ratings and judgement windows to make it easier for the AVERAGE American gamer.

+Quote Post
gtc
post May 17 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #23

Dazzlin' Darlin

I've already heaved a sigh of relief at seeing the preliminary interface screens. At least they're not going back to 6-8, or heaven forbid, 1-5.

I could care less about songlist. I'd actually love to see a lot of American pop songs in there, oddly enough.

New controller, I'm concerned about how the size is compared to the JP KOC, because if it's different you can't just set them next to each other and expect smooth DP.

And just think . . . this may pick up an audience here in the states, and we're already part of an awesome VJA club. We should get t-shirts and matching temporary tatoos. </dork>

+Quote Post
Ryujin
post May 18 2005, 12:16 AM
Post #24

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

The screenshots are a little unusual right now, but I really don't care. I'm happy to see any IIDX US release for two reasons:
1) Exclusives. I'm one of those people who like to see fresh new stuff in home versions. I could do without a bunch of pop crap though.
2) This may help generate enough interest to finally get arcade owners to purchase machines, and for people to actually play arcade IIDX, thereby ensuring the machines stay in business.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 18 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #25

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Remy @ May 18 2005, 12:07 AM)
If you listen very hard, you can hear me beating my head into my desk.

You could just keep the site Japanese versions only. That'll keep the mainstreamers away wink.gif

I know what you mean, tho, as I saw what happened to DDR when it got popular in the US.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sanchny
post May 18 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #26

The Shadow

QUOTE(XytharDX @ May 18 2005, 01:47 AM)
You could just keep the site Japanese versions only. That'll keep the mainstreamers away wink.gif

I know what you mean, tho, as I saw what happened to DDR when it got popular in the US.

I don't think that's his primary concern for VJA:
QUOTE(IRC)
[00:39:12] Thunderbird: 2 styles of play, 5 and 7 keys. What this means is, it's IIDX and original Beatmania combined. Each style of play will have a different songlist (as of right now) and they will be pulled from thier previous japanese releases.
[00:41:19] It's not the bunches of data
[00:41:44] It's the UI issues and database distinctions I'd have to make to have a separate 5-key and 7-key modes with two different song lists
[00:42:16] You could always, you know, not support the US versions
[00:42:33] If that's the only reason you're worrying
[00:42:53] Especially if there may be grading system changes, which I wouldn't be surprised about
[00:43:06] THANKS AARON
[00:43:11] YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NOW
[00:43:14] I'M GOING TO HAVE NIGHTMARES
[00:43:22] AND THEN I'LL START TALKING IN MY SLEEP
[00:43:26] AND THEN YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS THEN
[00:43:35] http://vjarmy.com/pictures/buttonspopcorn.png

Personally, I'm excited.
1) Possibility for new songs!
2) Old songs on 9th's oh-so-sexy interface!
3) Cheap/new Konami Official controllers!

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 18 2005, 01:23 AM
Post #27

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I wish I could hang out on IRC with the cool kids sad.gif But it won't happen from here.

I don't see how 5 key and 7 key would make any difference at all actually. Weren't there a couple of secret songs on 3rd that only had 5 key notes? You just put the 5 key songs in the database like all the others. The fact that it's different songs for 5 and 7 key will make this easy, if it was the same ones it might be a bit more complicated - but I see no reason why it should matter to the database itself how many keys you play a song with.

On the other hand if they change the timing that will be quite an issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
qube
post May 18 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #28

Rising in the Sun

Wowzers. I never thought I would see the day. I'm so picking up a couple more controllers if they are cheaper over here though!

Q-

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
starnix17
post May 18 2005, 06:21 AM
Post #29

Dazzlin' Darlin

If the controllers over here are cheap I'm gonna pick one up for 14 key play.
w00t!

--------------------
-Tony

+Quote Post
deathrazor
post May 18 2005, 07:25 AM
Post #30

fffff

I hope they sell the game without a controller too. I already have two controllers. :|

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka-no-Hakkin
post May 18 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #31

Tranoid

I'll probably pick up one, just so my gf can play on something she's more used to. Plus, it'd be easier to tote around than the hulk of an ASC I have.

btw, how's that controller holding up deathrazor? ^^

--------------------
("Catastrophe")
"Oh shit! A trance remix of LttS? I can't imagine what that would sound like! How does Sota do it?"

+Quote Post
Khaistyle
post May 18 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #32

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(XytharDX @ May 18 2005, 01:47 AM)

Agreed. Let us make this known. I mean, people don't post their DDR Extreme US AAAs on Aaron in Japan (the timing window was so loose I AAA'd LoM my 3rd try). So why should they have the liberty of posting their scores here? I think for Beatmania US there should be a private internet ranking system. Like maybe the top 25 scores of all the songs. Similar to the not-so-popular Keyboardmania Yamaha edition, of which I happen to own. laugh.gif

--------------------
NOTE: this is my old account, don't update anymore, don't battle people anymore, but I do have a new VJA account on the rise. (Remy please delete this if you can so I can post under a new name.)

+Quote Post
Remy
post May 18 2005, 09:55 AM
Post #33

VJ Army is dead or alive

Keeping the US versions out would certainly keep the site "pure", but I'd like to encourage people to play *more* versions, learn about the Japanese ones, etc.

I will support the US version, although I'm going to try desperately to milk information from Konami about the stuff critical for the score site before the game ships. I really don't want to get blindsided.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
Khaistyle
post May 18 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #34

Dazzlin' Darlin

Thanks Remy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
NOTE: this is my old account, don't update anymore, don't battle people anymore, but I do have a new VJA account on the rise. (Remy please delete this if you can so I can post under a new name.)

+Quote Post
Taren
post May 18 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #35

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Remy @ May 18 2005, 10:55 AM)
Keeping the US versions out would certainly keep the site "pure", but I'd like to encourage people to play *more* versions, learn about the Japanese ones, etc.

I will support the US version, although I'm going to try desperately to milk information from Konami about the stuff critical for the score site before the game ships.  I really don't want to get blindsided.

Thanks, Remy. I was hoping you would support BMUSA. Unless the game is radically different and total crap, it wouldn't feel right excluding it from VJarmy.

Now I'm really curious, that Paranoia Max screenshot looks like the old 5-key chart. Time to go fire up some old beatmania now.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/beatman...ns.html?page=24
Oh noes what is version09!

--------------------

+Quote Post
starnix17
post May 18 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #36

Dazzlin' Darlin

According to this there could be problem putting this style on VJA.
"It now grades as the following: Perfect, (Flashing) Greats, Greats, Good, and Bad"

Unless... Perfect = JG, US just great = normal just great, great = good, good = bad, and bad = poor.

Who knows.

Edit:
I'm an idiot
Look at this

--------------------
-Tony

+Quote Post
Raving Loony Soc...
post May 18 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #37

The Twilit RK

QUOTE(starnix17 @ May 18 2005, 04:49 PM)
According to this there could be problem putting this style on VJA.
"It now grades as the following: Perfect, (Flashing) Greats, Greats, Good, and Bad"

Unless... Perfect = JG, US just great = normal just great, great = good, good = bad, and bad = poor.

Who knows.

Notice that almost every, if not every, single article in that rumor section is utter bullshit. Also that the article you're referencing was posted in July, which means that either it came from an Internet that fell backwards in time, or it's at least a year old.

--------------------
QUOTE (Azure @ Sep 25 2005, 12:26 AM) *
clearing Kamikaze and R5 another is butt loads easier than AAA'ing Macho Gang L7

+Quote Post
Team Ragnarok
post May 18 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #38

Team Ragnarok is dead or alive

DJ Battle This User

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/beatman...ns.html?page=62

Unless they change it later, this screenshot disproves that rumor (the result screen background IS missing any references to "IIDX" or "2DX").

--------------------

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Apr 9 2007, 08:51 AM)
TaQ!NO!!! is my favourite genre of music. I fondly remember such greats as D!X!!Y!!! and sto!IC!!!

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jan 15 2008, 01:34 PM) *
CREEPY RAVE / A/S/L? / RAM

QUOTE(chickensnack @ May 27 2008, 03:33 AM) *
RAVE - OLD - RAM

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 18 2005, 04:51 PM
Post #39

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Moondabor writes things like that as jokes. They aren't real. Please don't believe them.

His article about how Pop'n is a Space Invaders-esque alien-killing game where the aliens emit musical sounds when they die is worth a read.

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post May 18 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #40

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

If Nothin Ain't Stopping Us is a 5* on ANY difficulty, it's not unfeasible to think that The Shining Polaris would be a 7*...

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 09:47 PM