IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scales, Classic 10 EX
bapple cider vin...
post Sep 13 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #1

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

I play IIDX style mostly except when you're required to move your right and left hand over to help each other (which is in pretty much every song but most noticable for me right now in Retro Pop Ska 2 EX). It's quite hard to do scales with my method. Should I even bother learning how to do tough scales with one hand on the top row and the other on the bottom? Or have people actually gained the ability to do tough scales IIDX style? Well actually it's not like I try to use only one hand when the scales are on that hand's side. I try to place both hands around the scale cluster and do whatever the hell I can, which isn't much.

And if I use a turbo controller in Popn 10 free mode with the unlock system turned off, will the time unlock be in effect? I have the circle button on turbo right now, constantly accessing the same song in free mode. So I could go to sleep if I wanted and it would play the same song hundreds of times.

--------------------

hualep ola whef
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheWertle
post Sep 13 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

i tend to do scales with a rocking motion going palm-fingers-palm-fingers-thumb and switching hands at that point (for across the board scales any way. but i've only been playing with an ASC for like a month, other people might have better methods.

and as far as 10 goes, i think you might have to do the time unlock in arcade mode, not free mode.

you could probably just play in challenge mode and pick DDR (longest song i think) even though you'll fail, it should try again and pick the same song

+Quote Post
captyashiro
post Sep 13 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #3

Evergreen

The Pop'n 10 time unlock is in free mode, I'm positive. I set it on J-Acid (song doesn't matter) and after I think 9 hours of the song being played, everything is unlocked.

+Quote Post
OnePhraseBlues
post Sep 14 2005, 06:33 AM
Post #4

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

i may not be very good on asc but i can hit scales fairly easily. what i do is i hit the 12345 with my left and 6789 with my right. when it goes from 9 to 1, i usually hit the 1 button with my elbow however i still struggle with 1 to 9 scales

+Quote Post
matt4596
post Sep 14 2005, 04:31 PM
Post #5

Dazzlin' Darlin

i don't really know what 'iidx style' is but i do it like wertle. palm on the bottom buttons fingers on top.

--------------------
If your controller doesn't fall to the ground, you're not playing pyramid ex right.

+Quote Post
kappaiidx
post Sep 14 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Astral Voyage

Wow you guys are weird hahahahaha. For slower songs, just move your whole hand, by slow I mean like 130 BPM or less, possibly up to 150 BPM. For harder faster stuff, I do it I guess what Oddity is calling IIDX style. If there is a full scale, I basically hit 1 with pinky 2 with ring/middle, 3 with thumb, 4 with index/middle (all left), and then I do 5 with thumb (on right hand now), 6 with index/middle, 7 with palm or thumb, 8 with ring/middle, and 9 with pinky usually.

If you can move your whole hand fast enough to hit the buttons though, you should do it as long as it doesn't destroy your Great Attack.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forced laughing, forced smile
Feigned weeping, downright lie
0083 5581 9964 3668 - Wii Code

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Sep 14 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #7

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

I don't really have any problem with slower ones. I end up doing the above, more or less, when those happen. I haven't really practiced or gotten the hang of or picked up the idea well on using bottom and top of hands really fast for fast ones. I'll keep trying that song with different methods said here or whatever.

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2020 - 12:38 AM