IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New tool to help you insert your VJA scores using game saves !
vincent
post Nov 14 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #41

Dazzlin' Darlin

By default all score is saved as private, I think most people want them as public so I'll change this in the next release.
To change the status of all existing private songs, the only thing that could do it is to repost all scores. This is a feature I could add, but on a style basis to avoid a huge amount of data sent to the server.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Nov 14 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #42

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

I haven't run it yet (going to wait for next release actually). I was just wondering if it already had a feature to mark a previous FC/PC for those games that keep a record of that (don't all of them?). So if my highest score wasn't PC but I PCed the song, the feature would mark a previous PC on VJA. I don't really know how this would work unless it put some random score in for a PC and then put the highest EX score in, or if somehow the program can read the data for PC in the game and somehow just simply tag the previous PC image in its appropriate slot. Though if that were to happen, you would have to make sure that "fake" PC isn't higher than the actual highest EX, otherwise wouldn't that fake PC then become the highest EX?

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 14 2005, 01:05 PM
Post #43

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Oddity @ Nov 14 2005, 05:28 PM) *
I haven't run it yet (going to wait for next release actually). I was just wondering if it already had a feature to mark a previous FC/PC for those games that keep a record of that (don't all of them?). So if my highest score wasn't PC but I PCed the song, the feature would mark a previous PC on VJA. I don't really know how this would work unless it put some random score in for a PC and then put the highest EX score in, or if somehow the program can read the data for PC in the game and somehow just simply tag the previous PC image in its appropriate slot. Though if that were to happen, you would have to make sure that "fake" PC isn't higher than the actual highest EX, otherwise wouldn't that fake PC then become the highest EX?

This is an issue raised a long time ago, but as you say the only solution yet would be to simulate this 'double insert'. I add it to the wish list for the next release ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 17 2005, 03:57 AM
Post #44

Dazzlin' Darlin

Some news : 10th style is in my hands, so I can start working on the 10th style configuration data.
I hope 10th style gamesave format is something close to earlier styles.

If anyone can sum me up what needs to be unlocked to have the full song set, and how to do it, please reply this post (I need all info, not parts).

It's still time to make some suggestions for the next release. I can tell that 'public' score saving and force-update features will be in it.

As for the 5.1.1 problem, the soft will just place your song the place it's supposed to be... if you play 5.1.1/7k/7th style you'll get your score in 5.1.1/7th style/7k, if you play 5.1.1/l7/10th style, you'll see your score in 5.1.1/l7/10th style.
There won't be any trick here, if you don't like one of them, play the one you prefer ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Nov 17 2005, 05:43 AM
Post #45

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(vincent @ Nov 16 2005, 11:57 PM) *
If anyone can sum me up what needs to be unlocked to have the full song set, and how to do it, please reply this post (I need all info, not parts).

Play Arcade/Expert/Class mode 3 times to get Under the Sky, then another 3 times or so to get Lesson 5. If you fail, it doesn't count.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 17 2005, 06:19 AM
Post #46

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(rmz @ Nov 17 2005, 11:43 AM) *
Play Arcade/Expert/Class mode 3 times to get Under the Sky, then another 3 times or so to get Lesson 5. If you fail, it doesn't count.

Thank you ! I love the IIDX unlocks, I remember my pain getting 100% to Gambler Z..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Nov 17 2005, 06:43 AM
Post #47

Tranoid

QUOTE(vincent @ Nov 17 2005, 06:19 AM) *
Thank you ! I love the IIDX unlocks, I remember my pain getting 100% to Gambler Z..

It was better than Wish to the Stars, though. happy.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Nov 17 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #48

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Dewgy @ Nov 17 2005, 06:43 AM) *
It was better than Wish to the Stars, though. happy.gif

Gambler Z took far longer for me...

--------------------

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 21 2005, 05:48 AM
Post #49

Dazzlin' Darlin

Some (good) news :

10th style mapping is 90% complete !!
No major difficulty raised, except for 5.1.1 thanks to Konami Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif
The new release should show up in the next few days with the 10th style config files in it biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Nov 21 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #50

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Oddity @ Nov 14 2005, 08:28 AM) *
I was just wondering if it already had a feature to mark a previous FC/PC for those games that keep a record of that (don't all of them?).

3rd doesn't track FC, and doesn't keep the Perfect marker if you get a better score without a Perfect combo. 4th doesn't track FC.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 22 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #51

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Thunderbird @ Nov 21 2005, 07:09 PM) *
3rd doesn't track FC, and doesn't keep the Perfect marker if you get a better score without a Perfect combo. 4th doesn't track FC.

Correct.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 22 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #52

Dazzlin' Darlin

New version is out : http://memorymani.com

News are :

- 10th style support : new songs, and news like .5 Hi-speed settings, 5.1.1 moving charts
(romanization for new songs will be added soon)
- FullComboed/PerfectCleared support when possible (no FC in early styles, no perfect clear in newer styles)
- 'public' setting
- 'update all' feature that sends all scores on a style basis if required
- official Sharkport (.sps) support without file rename

Enjoy !

--------------------

+Quote Post
DJ Comet
post Nov 23 2005, 07:58 AM
Post #53

Rising in the Sun

This looks awesome! I have a couple of questions that seem easy enough to answer.

The first is, if I find my old DexDrive that I bought for PS1, will I be able to use it with this? How would I? Is there a newer DexDrive type product I can buy in stores still that is better than my PS1 DexDrive?

Second question (might have been answered but I read through all three pages not finding on), when it gets your scores from 8th - 10th styles, does it have the grade counts (JG, Great, Good, Bad, Poor) or does it use the alternate entry way (Ex Score, Best Combo, Miss Counts)?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Remy
post Nov 23 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #54

VJ Army is dead or alive

QUOTE(DJ Comet @ Nov 23 2005, 07:58 AM) *
Second question (might have been answered but I read through all three pages not finding on), when it gets your scores from 8th - 10th styles, does it have the grade counts (JG, Great, Good, Bad, Poor) or does it use the alternate entry way (Ex Score, Best Combo, Miss Counts)?

It's alternate style; the note counts aren't stored on the memory card at all.

Unrelated, Vinc - there's very shortly going to be an API hook for doing a mass-private or mass-public of scores. Hopefully I'll get it done tonight, should be a quick job. Will try to tackle some other stuff too.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
DJ Comet
post Nov 23 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #55

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(Remy @ Nov 23 2005, 05:09 AM) *
It's alternate style; the note counts aren't stored on the memory card at all.

That's what I thought. Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lux
post Nov 24 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #56

Rising in the Sun

Got all my saves brought over, and the "Test" button in settings works fine. But when I click on anything that would ask the site for data it gives me an "Error while loading website info, please check network/configuration" message. I'm using the new build, and "Load mem card" works fine, and I just downloaded a new JRE. Would it be a problem with a firewall or something?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 24 2005, 02:47 AM
Post #57

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Lux @ Nov 24 2005, 08:09 AM) *
Got all my saves brought over, and the "Test" button in settings works fine. But when I click on anything that would ask the site for data it gives me an "Error while loading website info, please check network/configuration" message. I'm using the new build, and "Load mem card" works fine, and I just downloaded a new JRE. Would it be a problem with a firewall or something?

The test button is still incomplete, it's probably a network problem (proxy configuration) or a wrong password. Test all settings separately in your web browser and let me know if you solve this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 24 2005, 03:36 AM
Post #58

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Remy @ Nov 23 2005, 02:09 PM) *
Unrelated, Vinc - there's very shortly going to be an API hook for doing a mass-private or mass-public of scores.

Good news, it will help. Maybe we can talk about VJA:API soon, the top on my todo list is Pop'n support, which is not reasonable to release without a XML export

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lux
post Nov 24 2005, 06:15 PM
Post #59

Rising in the Sun

Ah, fixed it. Norton was preventing the app from accessing the internet since its based in Java. Thanks for the help!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 25 2005, 05:14 AM
Post #60

Dazzlin' Darlin

10th style romanization has been added
No version number change for this, updated version 0.6 is available on the web site.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 10:08 AM