IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nebuta, I give up
Zerocide
post Mar 22 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #1

Evergreen

So far I've passed all the 40s except Nebuta and Retro pop ska 2 (11-13). I've been stuck on Nebuta for well over a month and right now I'm closer to passing Lamento and JAM then Nebuta. I need some advice for doing basically the entire 2nd half of the song, or atleast suggestions for songs to practise with. Measure 42-52 in particular. I've tryed training mode with absolutly zero results.

--------------------
Check 1
I'm better at hard things then easier things.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hitman
post Mar 22 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

Just off the top of my head, I remember a big part of the challenge involved in Nebuta was the fact that you really have to make serious use of both hands, independent of each other. If one of your hands is weaker than the other (especially the left; I remember the end of Nebuta involved various combinations of the left three buttons), what I would suggest is practicing making your weak hand mirror the same movements you can make with your strong hand. Practice songs while making sure you only use one hand for one half of the controller, with your weak hand covering the red button. Find some songs that require difficult patterns for your strong hand and set it to mirror. Things like that. I'll take a more detailed look at Nebuta later in case this doesn't help any.

--------------------
As the whole army walked in accompanied by tanks walked in more, a bunch of soldiers walked up a grenade in each of their hands.
--Tom Dyron

Have a Drink at the SAND WITCH! The sun makes heat, it's hot my meat! Have a drink!
--Teh Baro

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 22 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Tranoid

Nailing the end of Nebuta is a regal pain, I passed Jam last night myself and I still can't do it consistently. I still don't see why it got downgraded to a 40. :/

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 24 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #4

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Zerocide @ Mar 22 2007, 06:36 PM) *
So far I've passed all the 40s except Nebuta and Retro pop ska 2 (11-13). I've been stuck on Nebuta for well over a month and right now I'm closer to passing Lamento and JAM then Nebuta. I need some advice for doing basically the entire 2nd half of the song, or atleast suggestions for songs to practise with. Measure 42-52 in particular. I've tryed training mode with absolutly zero results.

There probably isn't anyone on the site that does the end of Nebuta EX the same. Nebuta was my 2nd 41 I believe, so treat it as one tongue.gif I still had serious problems doing it consistently until about 3 months ago.

Retro Pop Ska 2 EX is a 41, don't think of it as a 40 either. I passed most of the 41s before I passed Retro Pop Ska 2.

Hitman's advice is good, just try mirror and see how it feels a few times, and just keep trying to find comfortable ways to move your hands.

+Quote Post
Zerocide
post Mar 24 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #5

Evergreen

I'll try the mirror thing, the only problem with mirror for me is that I've played Nebuta to the point where I've developed a great deal of muscle memory (especially for the middle part) My biggest problem is not so much the end as it is the part before the end. Thanks for the input.

--------------------
Check 1
I'm better at hard things then easier things.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2019 - 09:37 AM