IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BS, I can think of no other term
rockmanwalnut
post Mar 2 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

For those who still frequent this board; I'd like some help. I've reached a new stumbling block that I like to call BS: large gatherings of unreadable, unplayable notes. The middle of Klungkung immediately comes to mind, the entire first half of Dawn (though I can pass it), even in easier songs like the middle of Get Wild. I can read at high speeds (x4 at 190, 200 barely) but that doesn't seem to help. What do I do?

--------------------
QUOTE(Eggman @ Dec 21 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]96164[/snapback]
so I'm guessing it was a typo. An R-Typo.
...oh my god I need to be shot.

QUOTE(JonnyD @ Mar 22 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]106637[/snapback]
"First in america?" Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
hahahahahahahahahaha.

[21:24] <daringkody> kefopopsloppagegur
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 2 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #2

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Practice them is all I can say.

I used to have no idea what the hell to do at the start of Dawn but I found playing on a higher speed helped (although for me "a higher speed" was x5 so I'm not sure if that helps you much) and now I can kind of do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 2 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #3

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(rockmanwalnut @ Mar 2 2007, 12:32 AM) *
For those who still frequent this board; I'd like some help. I've reached a new stumbling block that I like to call BS: large gatherings of unreadable, unplayable notes. The middle of Klungkung immediately comes to mind, the entire first half of Dawn (though I can pass it), even in easier songs like the middle of Get Wild. I can read at high speeds (x4 at 190, 200 barely) but that doesn't seem to help. What do I do?

Start playing more charts, simple as that. Play Hypers and 9-lines even if you don't want to, buy all the pop'n games BH + 7-13, play through all of them. The only way you recognize more patterns is through practice or reading them out of context. Otherwise, just play the song in training mode until you can full Great combo whatever part you need to, upping the speed each time you're able to do it.

The only charts I really see a lot of crap coming down the screen in anymore are SCREEN EX, Classic 8 EX, Cowboy EX to a lesser extent (I can't hit them but I can make them out), and the VERY beginning of Hard PF EX.

+Quote Post
rockmanwalnut
post Mar 2 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

Oh boy, the past has returned. smile.gif At one point I tried going back to 98k everything. The game INSTANTLY loses its fun when 10 goods into a song, you already know it's over.
Maybe I should try 95k with cools?

--------------------

hahahahahahahahahaha.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 9 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #5

Tranoid

Don't try to force scores on songs, just play more songs. Get a few more Pop'ns, unlock the EXes in 7 and 8, play stuff you haven't played in a while but remember having trouble with, etc. Just have fun with it, find what songs are fun for you now, what songs help you feel accomplished, and so forth.

Just keep playing. That section of Gamelan still reads like garbage to me, but it's getting clearer with time, and I'm breaking into the 41s. It takes a while, but one day it'll just all start to fall into place.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
rockmanwalnut
post Mar 15 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #6

Dazzlin' Darlin

UPDATE:

So I'm taking Pop'n 10 (with no unlocks besides x6 ;_;), full-combo'ing every song from the bottom up. I'm now on 25s. Already, I can identify some trouble spots.

1-2 / 8-9 rolls. Unless it's expected that I toss my arm out at a 90 degree angle to hit them with middle and thumb, I have no other way to hit it. Thanks to this, I can't pass Mugen no Hikari. Much harder on the left side.

1-2-3 rolls and consecutive notes like that. I can do it on the right side, but the left side won't cooperate. I can do it in Chicken Heart because there's a gap between them, but in Energy Rock, it's not happening. It's too slow to roll my hand between them, and too fast to hit them separately, and that's only for 1-2-3 specifically. I can't hit 2-3-4 at all.

QUOTE(otaku1313 @ Feb 11 2007, 01:46 AM) *
Stop using your fingers and "rolling" your hands/wrists across the muttons, and get used to making hard, overt movements to hit the buttons, like in the topranker video, how everyone does 16ths as separate notes, not as a scale where they "roll" their hands across the buttons.

I have been doing this as well. It's hard, but it works!

--------------------

hahahahahahahahahaha.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 03:18 PM