IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cobalt/Forest Snow, Something isn't right?
Mazrim
post Mar 17 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #1

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Okay, this may sound kinda weird, but these little things annoy the hell out of me.

Cobalt (Hyper/EX): Red button randomly shows up the middle of the a lot of left/right side stuff, and I have NO idea how to hit the red and mash the rest of the notes around it at the same time...I end missing a lot and it hurts my score a lot. Hopefully other people know what I mean by this...what do you do? Any certain good technique to do this?

Forest Snow (Hyper): There's a couple here...first off, the really fast short-trills. Right now I use my right hand and go back and forth between my fingers for the yellow and back of the hand for the green, but I usually end up missing one note because I can't rock my hand back and forth quick enough every time. I tried moving both my hands over to do it, but after the first bit of the song there's too much else happening to do that. What's the best technique for that?

The other one would be really fucked up 3-note chords that randomly show up near the end...do you just slide really quickly from the one chord to the triple? (ie. there's one like 1-3, then over to 6-7-9 or something). I have a lot of trouble getting all those down and it usually is enough to make me fail...I still can't pass Forest Snow Hyper (failed by missing the chord and going one bar under passing TWICE now).

Any advice would rock. >.>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Mar 17 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

Songs from Pop'n 9 (like Cobalt) sometimes forced elbows to be used. If this is not possible for you, just learn to move REALLY fast to the red. That's the way I do it. Starmine Hyper has that in the middle too sort of. White->blue while your right hand is busy can be very hard.

I'd say you just need to work on hand speed/arm speed.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 17 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #3

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'll have to check, because my arm might be too long for it to be effective? XD I dunno, maybe white and red, or all along that line. I'll check when I get home. Doesn't Ryusei Rave do something similar in the end too? I found it awkward, at least.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY EGGMAN. Uh, go make a simfile of that Happy Birthday song on Pop'n to celebrate. >.>;;

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 21 2006, 06:05 AM
Post #4

Tranoid

The ending to Forest Snow Hyper will gradually start to make sense the more you play it, just like the Contemporary Nations. They throw some odd and seemingly complex patterns at you, but they're really awesome once you get used to it. I'd suggest using Training Mode on the last few measures if it really bugs you that much, just so you can figure out what they're expecting you to do with your hands.

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 21 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Can someone help me with Forest Snow EX now? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Mar 21 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #6

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

I'll help you when I get ;_;

I can get 93-94k on it but I'm still failing SOMEWHERE in there. I can't figure out when my bar suddenly drops though.

+Quote Post
OnePhraseBlues
post Mar 24 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #7

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

forest snow EX is weird. i get 20 or less bads every time but i somehow fail it often. most of the time i just move my hand really fast but i sometimes use my arm to hit them. like enka remix EX i need to move my arm quickly because i'll usually lose track if i use my arm.

+Quote Post
over there
post Jan 27 2007, 01:31 AM
Post #8

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Eggman @ Mar 17 2006, 03:31 PM) *
Songs from Pop'n 9 (like Cobalt) sometimes forced elbows to be used. If this is not possible for you, just learn to move REALLY fast to the red. That's the way I do it. Starmine Hyper has that in the middle too sort of. White->blue while your right hand is busy can be very hard.

I'd say you just need to work on hand speed/arm speed.

Cobalt EX does not require elbows, but it's about as technical as some 41s. Forest Snow EX I haven't played since I got 4 goods on it, but IIRC it's a lot of learning how, where, and when to move your hands to hit the next stream. That comes with time. Cobalt EX is just technical.

The only songs I EVER use elbow on are Starmine EX (and Hyper once I feel like playing it again), and Idol Pop Hyper (along with anything with chords like it).

Post edited after I realized how old the topic is, thanks to needless bump by spambot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2019 - 09:55 AM