IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

78 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VJA Mafia 2: War of the Forums, Game Over! Postgame party!
chotto kiitena
post Oct 28 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #1

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

One day... in the not too distant future...

The future is grim for the Bemani community. Only three major sites remain - VJ Army, Bemanistyle and Bemaniso. Bemanistyle has become a humourless dictatorship where only newbies and token whores survive, and Bemaniso has become a xenophobic, exclusive clique. VJ Army remains as the one worthwhile Bemani site, and the one utopia sought by the Bemani fans of the future.

But, all is not well. Both Bemanistyle and Bemaniso sought to destroy the other two sites that threatened their supremacy, and VJ Army suddenly found itself invaded by double agents seeking to destroy the site from within. Some of its most trusted users had turned traitorous - but which?

Remy, ruler of VJ Army, offered one solution. The VJ Army community would vote on one user to be banned each day, and this would continue until all the traitors had been removed from their midst. But beware, for the enemies have found a way to abuse a security hole in the current version of the forum software to also ban a user each night. Could the remaining users loyal to VJ Army ban all of the traitors before it was too late?

This is a game of Mafia! I provided a general outline of Mafia in the very first topic I made about it here, but it is very similar to TWG. There are a few key differences however, so please please read the rules.

Mafia terminology I will be using:

Scum: Another name for mafia, or the bad guys. Referred to as "wolves" in TWG.
Town: A non-mafia player, or the good guys, referred to as "humans" in TWG.
Cop and Doctor: Mafia names for the "seer" and "guardian" roles in TWG, respectively. They have much the same function.
Lynch: 'Banning' someone during the day via majority vote.
Hammer: Instalynch. If 6 votes are required to lynch someone, the sixth and final vote is the hammer. Making the final vote is "dropping the hammer".

This game is closed setup - I will not be giving you any clue beforehand as to what roles are in the game, other than that each role is based on a user and that there are 2 scum groups (Bemanistyle and Bemaniso). The town's objective is to eliminate both groups, the scum's objective is to eliminate their rival group and then comprise 50% or more of the town. The win conditions as they are written in the role PMs are:

VJ Win Condition: You win when all users working for Bemanistyle and Bemaniso have been banned.

BMS Win Condition: You win when all users working for Bemaniso have been banned and you make up 50% or more of the remaining players.

BI Win Condition: You win when all users working for Bemanistyle have been banned and you make up 50% or more of the remaining players.

The users who comprise the two scum groups were chosen randomly. Please do not assume any particular user is scum or town based on who they are.

Cardflip is on and you will receive a player's alignment and a hint as to their role when they are banned.

Please send me all night actions via AIM at Xythar2, not PM. My PM box is in a perpetual state of 'nearly full' and if you all PM me at once most of your messages will not get through. I may PM you, but you must AIM me back. This also helps cut down on "this guy clicked Xythar's profile" metagaming.

If your night action fails, you will not be told why.

RULES BELOW! PLEASE READ THESE VERY VERY CAREFULLY!!!
  • Unlike TWG, you may not talk about the game outside of this topic unless you have been specifically told that you can. Please respect this rule.
  • Don't edit your posts, this is cheating. If you make a mistake, quote your post and fix it in another post.
  • To vote for someone, you must put the vote in bold: e.g. Vote: Xythar or it won't count. Don't use bold for anything else. To cancel your vote (you must do this before changing it to someone else), post unvote.
  • I won't ask for your role. Don't tell it to anyone outside of the thread.
  • You may not quote anything I tell you in private, either in whole or part. Obviously you may claim your role and any information you might receive through it, but you can't quote any of my PMs to prove so. The scum PMs follow the same structure as the town PMs anyway, the only difference is the win condition and I have made all win conditions public above. So don't think comparing PMs would tell you anything even if it were allowed.
  • If you are dead, STOP POSTING. If you are not playing, DO NOT POST. There will be plenty of time to gripe at the people who lynched you when the game is over. As soon as the hammer is dropped on you, or you show up banned after a night phase, you must immediately cease posting in the topic (and talking to people outside of the topic).
  • DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ROLE OR OTHERWISE TALK ABOUT THE GAME IF YOU ARE 'DEAD' EVEN TO OTHER 'DEAD' PLAYERS. Likewise, do not reveal your role to 'dead' players or talk to them about the game even if you are still playing. I will not be providing any additional information to 'dead' players. There is a reason for this, please keep it in mind.
  • Please do not post in the topic at night (talking outside the topic is OK if you are allowed to as part of your role). Please do not post in the topic after the hammer has been dropped. After the hammer has been dropped, the day is over.
  • Please post at least once with game content per day. If you aren't participating enough I may have to replace you. It's in the town's interest to encourage as much discussion as possible because otherwise it's far easier for the scum to just lay low the entire time.
  • At the moment I won't put a time limit on days, but I may impose one if things start to drag. If the day ends via deadline with no majority lynch, there will be no lynch. I shouldn't even have to tell you how this is a bad idea for the town.
  • As part of this game, everyone has a post restriction (provided in your role PM) which dictates requirements you must follow when posting. This is mostly for fun, but please try and follow it to the best of your ability! Breaking your post restriction flagrantly could result in warnings or a modkill if it persists. Remember, this game is for fun, so try and play the role you're given to the best of your ability, not just to the letter of the post restriction I gave you. smile.gif
  • Breaking these rules could result in a modkill, which means you are immediately 'banned' and the day could end. So don't do it!
  • Please do not take anything in this game seriously. If you are insulted by the portrayal of any site or user in this game, please remember it's just a game. We don't really mean it. smile.gif
  • If any aspect of these rules, your role, or your post restriction doesn't make sense to you, don't hesitate to contact me about it.
RULES ABOVE! PLEASE READ THESE VERY VERY CAREFULLY!!!

Player List

PkerUNO - DARQ, Bemaniso aligned framer - banned night 1
VgameT - Jadin Novasonic, Bemanistyle aligned evil overlord - lynched day 4
grayfox9996 - sanchny, VJ Army aligned hider/reporter - lynched day 7
Monster-in-a-box - Putf8umHawke, VJ Army aligned mason - banned night 7
Brazoliange - BBH, VJ Army aligned mayor - lynched day 2
Putf8umHawke REPLACED BY BBH - PkerUNO, ??? - banned night 4
MathManZero REPLACED BY Catastrophe - setzer, VJ Army aligned faction-specific miller cop - lynched day 3
Grey - Schala, VJ Army aligned medium - banned night 2
Spiral Zer0 - MazriM TaiM, Bemanistyle aligned roleblocker - banned night 1
Darighaz
Jadin - Azure, VJ Army aligned chargeup jack-of-all-trades - banned night 3
therealbong - Saiyajin, VJ Army aligned roleblocker - banned night 3
DanAdamKOF
DDRaHolic - Axem Rangers, VJ Army aligned mason - banned night 6
PolarisIIDX - Team Ragnarok, Bemanistyle aligned cop - banned night 4
Toph
Twan - Xythar, VJ Army aligned restricted cop/doc - banned night 2
Fletcher - Oni+, VJ Army aligned perpetrator of bizarre in-jokes and unclassifiable garbage - banned night 7
Axem Rangers
Spiritsnare - rmz, VJ Army aligned bulletproof miller - lynched day 5
Zerstorung - CStarFlare, VJ Army aligned faction specific miller cop - lynched day 1
Krazy - rura, VJ Army aligned inventor - banned night 7
ParaParaKing
Flashfire - Bruce Lee, VJ Army aligned bomb - banned night 3
Chronomaster K REPLACED BY deathrazor
rmz REPLACED BY Sanjuro - Trip Machina, ??? - banned night 3

And we are ready to go! I am sending out role PMs now. Please confirm by sending a message to Xythar2 on AIM (not by replying to the PM) when you receive yours. If your PM says "Night 0: Yes" then you must also send me a target for your night 0 action. Once I have confirmation and night 0 actions from everyone, the game will start. Until then, please do not post in the topic.

It is now Night 0.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 28 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #2

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Oh yeah, one more rule. You cannot explicitly in the topic state what your post restriction is, nor what anyone else's is. You are allowed to say who you are or hint towards it, but it's more fun if you don't smile.gif

Clarification: If your post restriction says to mention specific things, by all means do so. You just can't explain why, or specifically explain to the town what you can and can't say. If you are able to talk outside of the topic to players, you may tell them what your post restriction is, but they can't post what yours is for you (not to mention that would be a bad idea anyway since it'd give away that you can talk outside the topic tongue.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 28 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #3

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

All roles have been sent out, I think. If you didn't get a role, let me know.

Once I have confirmation and night 0 actions from everyone the game will begin (maybe tonight Japan time / tomorrow morning America time at the earliest since I still need to go out today)

P.S. There are no night 0 bans

Edit: I'm outta here for now. I'll be back later in a bunch of hours.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 29 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I stll need confirms from some people (who may or may not have night 0 actions). I'm going to bed in a minute but will see how things are going in the morning (evening in America).

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 29 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

After quite a sizeable hiatus, a new day dawned on the community in crisis.

The first thing the majority of people noticed was a new topic in Last Message, next to the previous announcement by Remy about the new forum in which to discuss global warming.

New Forums Policy
From now on, we will be adopting a democracy-based moderation system at VJ Army to deal with rising complaints about previously trusted and well-known people suddenly acting in a manner that only serves to disrupt the forum.

Until things improve here, I will be allowing the users to vote each day. If any user receives a majority vote, they will immediately be banned. If nobody receives a majority vote in a particular day, I will not ban anyone - but this situation isn't going to improve if we don't do anything about it. This policy will remain in effect until things have improved significantly around here.

--Remy

The users of VJ Army quickly began to discuss who they would be better off without.

It is now Day 1. With 26 players remaining, it takes 14 votes on any one person to ban them. There is currently no deadline.

You may now post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post Oct 29 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #6

I think happiness is having something to believe in.

You may now post.

and so I will! :>

so guys I got some buttered noodles with parmesan from noodle and company, and like, I asked for no spices and then for them to add chicken and spinach. but they didn't add spinach and they left the spices on, which was NOT WHAT I WANTED AT ALL$%&#$%^#$@%^(*&#$%@#*

to be honest, I think one of you guys is behind this. they don't usually screw my orders up! grey, you were pretty trigger-happy in the last couple games. did you vigilante kill the guy who usually makes the food? that is not acceptable! vote: Grey (the man, not the fox :> )

--------------------

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Oct 29 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #7

The Shadow

the best furry techs in SD3 are called Byakko Shockwave, Genbu 100-Kick, Seiryuu Death Fist, and Suzaku Sky Dance

all cardinal gate long versions are probably going to suck unless if it was a v-rare and they were all mixed by artists like pink pong, shu okuyama, Dj19, and Sawasaki Yoshiro

ok anyway im going to bed. have to be up in 6 hours and i had way too much whiskey hell yeah drink that booze wasted 5pm eternal everyday

+Quote Post
rmz
post Oct 29 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #8

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Hey, guys! Let's discuss who to ban with the bass turned up!

Random feeler vote time! Vote: Toph because he is not a DDRtist sad.gif

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Oct 29 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Wow, let's not all give our roles away within an hour of starting the game.

ISN'T THAT RIGHT, PARAPARAKING?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chronomaster K
post Oct 29 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #10

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Oct 29 2007, 08:59 PM) *
The users of VJ Army quickly began to discuss who they would be better off without.

First days are always the worst. :G

--------------------
This is it

+Quote Post
Flashfire
post Oct 29 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #11

Rising in the Sun

guys, i think im going to make some new videos soon, be sure to check them out.

i think ill Vote: Grey because having two Greys could be confusing later

--------------------
QUOTE(TheKnightOfNee @ Dec 5 2005, 02:01 PM) [snapback]45735[/snapback]

My turntable fell out.

+Quote Post
Toph
post Oct 29 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #12

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

QUOTE(Chronomaster K @ Oct 29 2007, 03:36 PM) *
First days are always the worst. :G

HAHAHA fuck you Xythar.

And fuck you too rmz because I'm Gonna Get You for that sort of BLATANT FURSECUTION.

Normally I'd say that we should try to lay some cards on the table and try to get an alliance going, but with OOT communication off I don't really know if it's a good idea. Seer(s) should obviously not come out since we aren't even guaranteed to have a guardian. If you have the ability to talk OOT, start thinking about how you can use it to build an alliance somehow.

Anyway, it's dinner time. The Sound of Goodbye

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Oct 29 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #13

The Shadow

QUOTE(Chronomaster K @ Oct 29 2007, 06:36 PM) *
First Days is the worst thing in IIDX. :G

fixed

You guys aren't afraid of militant homosexuals? hooboy if you only know what they got comin' for YOU!
oh god they're going to storm our cities and make us over it will be fabulous and none shall be spared

voting: flashfire

+Quote Post
Flashfire
post Oct 29 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #14

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(Fletcher @ Oct 29 2007, 10:39 PM) *
voting: flashfire

what the hell would make you want to vote for me? ill bet you're not even nearly as good as me at this game, only proving that you're part of a weaker community. i mean, take like 5 minutes and youll see my superiority. probably wont even take that long. what a waste of a vote.

that being said, im standing by my choice.

--------------------
QUOTE(TheKnightOfNee @ Dec 5 2005, 02:01 PM) [snapback]45735[/snapback]

My turntable fell out.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 29 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #15

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Vote Count!

Grey (2): VgameT, Flashfire
Flashfire (1): Fletcher
Toph (1): rmz

Not Voting (22): Axem Rangers, Brazoliange, Chronomaster K, DanAdamKOF, Darighaz, DDRaHolic, grayfox9996, Grey, Jadin, Krazy, MathmanZero, Monster-in-a-box, ParaParaKing, PkerUNO, Putf8umHawke, PolarisIIDX, Spiral Zer0, Spiritsnare, therealbong, Toph, Twan, Zerstorung

With 26 remaining, it takes 14 votes to ban.

There is currently no deadline.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darighaz
post Oct 29 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #16

Rising in the Sun

i dunno what to put atm. I have a few ideas but i'm not going to say yet.

--------------------
watching avatar is like simultaneously being too much of and too little of a homosexual to watch actual anime

- Moogy, anime expert

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Oct 29 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #17

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Caught up to here.

Since there's no deadline for the day, I think it would be most productive to take our time and get the most out of the way things are. We want a game to be as straightforward as aaa.gif ing in the sky.

Since alliances could supposedly be few and far between with an unknown amount of people who can message outside this thread, it's going to be a lot tougher to get anything done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Putf8umHawke
post Oct 29 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #18

Air Ixion

Comedy option vote.... GO.
Vote: Twan
Not much at all to go on really.

--------------------
Twan says: so what possibilities are there
pH-zero says: me being killed for some reason, unlikely though
Twan says: I don't see why that would happen
QUOTE (Darighaz @ Oct 6 2007, 06:27 PM) *
PLATINUM HAWKE IS DEAD.

Twan says: ahhh fuck it, yes, it was me XD
pH-zero says: hahaha, epic pay back you bitch

QUOTE (Moogy @ Mar 6 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I know more about anime than you do.

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Oct 29 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #19

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

Woah, woah, woah. Just because I'm crazy from other games, doesnt mean I will be this time.

Im going think it over some more with I wait for good YouTube comments.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Oct 29 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #20

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

lol wuts going on guys

sao i just saw this AWESOME yourtube vid by DOLCE hes like WOAH jadin beat my score sad.gif

so i guess vote jadin

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post

78 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2021 - 07:27 PM