Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> x-port/sharkport, help?
bumm
post Aug 6 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

So I recently bought a copy of sharkport so I could backup my saves and use them to upload scores on here. Well, I'm having trouble getting it to work. The computer I'm connecting to my ps2 in an attempt to do so unfortunately isn't connected to the internet while doing so and I can't figure out how to install the drivers/programs for using it. And at the same time, it looks like there's very little support for it online anywhere. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find the drivers/programs so I can get this working? I've tried putting the x-port/sharkport discs in my computer but it only seems to lock up explorer on my windows (I'm running XP).

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmz
post Aug 6 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #2

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

If I remember correctly, there should be a PS2 disc as well as a Windows disc to install the software on your computer. I've used it successfully on XP, but that was a few years ago so I'm not particularly surprised to hear that there's no support for it anymore.

If you want to get saves off your PS2 card, there are burnable PS2 discs that will let you export saves to a USB key or something, I think.

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post Aug 6 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

I know that if you use HDL you can go sift through the memory card as if it were a file structure and pull the raw save data from there and convert it into a usable filetype for uploading using this

http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?l...downloaddetails

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Aug 6 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I have the Windows driver disc somewhere but if that doesn't work then I'm not sure what I can do for you. As has been said, you can either softmod your PS2 or if you have a PS3, you can use a memory card adapter to copy your saves to that and from there to a USB stick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bumm
post Aug 7 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #5

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Well, I don't have PS3, a PS2 HD or anything else for my PS2 really. I'm down to just the basics of console, koc's, and swap magic. And come to think of it, I only have two discs that say something about for U.S. PS2 consoles only on them or something to that extent anyways, no windows disc.

rmz: Do you know where I could find ISO's of those disc's? And do you know what format they export them as?

chotto kiitena: Can you send me the ISO or something? That would be fantastic and definitely worth a shot.

You guys are all awesome and thanks for the help so far. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Aug 24 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #6

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Burn a disc of uLaunchELF then load that with swapmagic. Then follow this guide: http://forum.solidstatesquad.com/index.php...ic=6917&hl=

Actually there's a way to use a USB drive with swapmagic to load a .ELF directly, maybe look into that too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2021 - 10:49 AM