IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ground Rules

1. Please only start a thread if it's your course.
  2. One thread per course.
  3. Please include in the thread:
    • Link to coursesession score entry page.
    • List of the songs in the course
    • Which style the course is for.
    • Details about the motivation or theme
  4. Keep it clean. Consider each thread like a rivalry - don't just flame the shit out of each other.
  5. After the course is destroyed, please abandon the thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All About Original Course of the Week
Himiko
post Jul 18 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

What is Original Course of the Week?
Original Course of the Week is a new S3 event where a user-submitted original course will be published on the front page of the IIDX tracker every week (plus the occasional bonus challenge from me). Everyone will be able to compete on this course, and those who compete officially (by providing a picture of their score) will be featured on the front page ranking and will be in the running to score points towards the overall ranking.

Why start Original Course of the Week?
Several reasons. Firstly, the Course section of the site has always been pretty underused, and the Original Course section even more so. These days most original courses are lucky to get more than 5 scores, if that. Furthermore, the previous system for creating original courses had its issues - to avoid oversaturation, each user was only allowed one course and could only create a new one at set intervals (around a month, I think). So users with lots of ideas had to wait a long time to try each one out, and had to bug the admin directly to preserve their better ideas (or else they would be wiped by each new course). With OCOTW, there's a new course every week and all past courses are automatically retained.

As well as this, I'm hoping that by featuring a new course each week on the front page it will give people a reason to play the game more regularly, and something to compete in and discuss each week. A topic will be made in this forum for each course as it is added.

How do I submit my own Original Course of the Week?
Simply email your suggestion to , including your username (and userid if you know it), a list of songs in the course (with difficulties), the style that the course is for and a brief description of the theme or motivation behind your course. I will review all submitted courses each week and add whichever I feel is the most fun or interesting. There is no particular suggested difficulty - I will be trying to maintain a balance between easy and difficult courses each week so simply submit whatever course you would like to play. Also, remember that courses for styles earlier than RED should have all songs at roughly the same BPM as players need to use the same HS for the whole course. Nothing like the Appearance course from 7th please smile.gif

What are the rules for competing on Original Course of the Week?
If you wish to informally enter your score, simply submit it to the course the way you would any other course or song score. There are no special rules for informal scores.
If you want to formally be in the overall ranking, you will need to provide a picture of your score (in the Picture URL field) or add one later. The front page will always show the 5 top formal entries (e.g. scores with pictures) as these are the scores that will earn points towards the overall ranking. At the end of each week, I will note down this ranking as it appears and give out points accordingly. The course will remain open for informal scores after this, but a new course will be featured on the front page.

The scoring used will be this:

1st place: 5 points
2nd place: 3 points
3rd place: 2 points
4th place: 1 point
5th place: 1 point

Special challenges, when they should occur, will be worth double the points of a normal OCOTW.

I think that should cover it. Please let me know if you have any questions about OCOTW.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 19 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Is the picture requirement causing problems for people? I figured at the time when I made these rules that enough people had camera phones that it'd be unlikely to be an issue, but I notice we haven't gotten a whole lot of picture entries yet.

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jul 20 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #3

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Personally, I'm only going to be taking one picture, later in the week when I think I've got my best score.
I will be trying to maintain a balance between easy and difficult courses each week

Out of curiousity, where on that difficulty scale would you put this one? Easier end? Harder? In the middle?

This post has been edited by spineshark: Jul 20 2009, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 20 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #4

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Pretty middle of the range I guess. It's hard to say when I don't know what courses people will submit in the future!

+Quote Post
Fake-ass John Tr...
post Jul 20 2009, 06:26 AM
Post #5

betty spaghetti

DJ Battle This User

Picture isn't a problem just laziness.

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Jul 21 2009, 04:38 AM
Post #6

I♥prat fall

just makes it more inconvenient? I can't find camera stuff because of moving, so I dunno.
also there's no sudden+/hidden+ option :>

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 23 2009, 06:17 AM
Post #7

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

By way of clarification, the OCOTW will be rolled over to the next some time early Saturday morning your time. So if you want to enter a score or provide a pic for your score, the latest I would recommend doing it is Friday night.

Would've liked to do it Saturday night instead of in the early morning but I'm generally not near a computer at that time.

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Jul 23 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #8

I♥prat fall

is it possible to allow changing comment/picture without changing play time?
is it possible to allow sudden+ option?
is it possible to pick random on scripted connection long mix?

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Jul 23 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #9

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Jadin @ Jul 23 2009, 11:34 AM) *
is it possible to pick random on scripted connection long mix?

I'd be shocked if a course with that song got more than maybe 5 scores.

If schlong\vanissa\anikitachi are actually allowed in courses then i'm all for using random on them.

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2018 - 10:25 AM