92 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> beatmaniaIIDX 14 GOLD CS
Spiritsnare
post Mar 24 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #441

make some noise daaadaadada

QUOTE(djplaeskool @ Mar 24 2008, 08:00 PM) *
There will be a pending transaction authorized initially when you preorder (verifying the integrity of the provided CC info), however it will cancel (funds credited back) on the next business day (varies from bank to bank) and you will not be actually charged until the item is ready to ship.

How big is that transaction? I've seen the CC verification "charge" vary, and if it happens to be some two-digit amount, I might shy away :<

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djplaeskool
post Mar 24 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #442

Wolf in a box

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Spiritsnare @ Mar 24 2008, 11:24 PM) *
How big is that transaction? I've seen the CC verification "charge" vary, and if it happens to be some two-digit amount, I might shy away :<

It's the amount of your preorder total.

--------------------
Now Playing:
miqo'te montessori / SHARLAYAN DISCO / Lominsa区 / SP☆3 5 8 / DP☆5 8 10
Emergency Code Aibou / ARKZ TECHNO / The Oracle Fleet / SP☆7 10 12 / DP☆8 11 12
Foliage Ocean / CELCETA-STEP / DJs from Ys / SP☆6 9 10 / DP☆7 10 12

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post Mar 27 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #443

too busy for IIDX

QUOTE(rmz @ Mar 21 2008, 04:31 PM) *
The songlist for the DVD has been posted, and even though we already knew about all of the songs, some of the titles suggest that they are actually different versions (live mixes or what have you). Should be interesting to hear smile.gif

http://www.konamistyle.jp/customfactory/bm2dx14_sp/dvd/

Is this the first official confirmation that kors k = Teranoid?

<kors k>
05.ay carumba!!!!

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 27 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #444

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

It's been "confirmed" for a long time, but you could consider that an official mention from Konami, yes.

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post Mar 27 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #445

too busy for IIDX

Yeah that's why I said "official confirmation" and not "we connected the dots". smile.gif

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 28 2008, 06:56 AM
Post #446

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Dust off your microscopes

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 28 2008, 07:02 AM
Post #447

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Here's a bigger version:

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 28 2008, 07:03 AM
Post #448

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Mar 28 2008, 06:02 AM) *
Here's a bigger version:

NOW PRESENTING

BEATMANIA IIDX FOURTENN GOLDS FOR THE FAMICOM HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 28 2008, 07:04 AM
Post #449

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(rmz @ Mar 28 2008, 07:03 AM) *
NOW PRESENTING

Or TRANOID for short.

--------------------

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Mar 28 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #450

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

NOW PRESENTING

I laughed too much at this.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
Taren
post Mar 28 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #451

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

Nearly twenty years of playing Nintendo video games has impressed much important information upon my mind, such as the differences between Goombas and Koopa Troopas, and that Link---not Zelda---is the character you control in the popular video game series of the latter's namesake. Furthermore, two decades of holding Nintendo game controllers has allowed me to devise hand posture techniques that not only are comfortable but have led me to many successful victories in many games ranging from Super Mario Brothers to Mega Man.

Now, if you are like some people I have encountered over the years, you may be wondering if it really matters how one holds a video game controller. The fact of the matter is that, for all intents and purposes, certain positioning in holding a game controller can mean the difference between lightning-fast maneuverability and losing the game to the spontaneous attack of an enemy. Each person adopts his or her own hand posture techniques, but if you are new to the realm, looking to improve your game, or just interested in seeing how it is that one gamer has made his way through hundreds of levels of some of the classic Nintendo games, then you will want to read on.

Making its monumental arrival in 1985, the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) still is revered as one of the most successful and historically significant home video game systems of all time. The NES controller, primitive by today's standards, is a simple, rectangular device with a plastic, black cross-directional; two red, plastic "action" buttons; and two small, slender rubber buttons that activate and respond to "start" and "select" mode prompts.

Many years of playing NES have taught me that the thumbs play a critical part in holding a NES controller. To use the pointer fingers on the controller, as though punching keys on a keyboard, is simply awkward and reduces one's support of the controller in the hands. It is important to strike the balance between solid grasping of the controller while not sacrificing the ability to move the fingers over the controller efficiently.

To hold a NES controller, I recommend supporting it using both hands. Begin your posturing by placing your two hands in a cradling position, then pull your hands apart until only the pads of your two ring fingers are contacting each other. Now, assuming this position, place the controller in this near-cradle (for those who are following these instructions to the letter, be sure the controller buttons are looking at your face, not the floor). With your thumbs in the air, rest them down upon the controller. Your left thumb should be placed in the center of the cross directional button and your right thumb should come down over the two red action buttons. The result should be that you are nearly cradling the controller in your hands with each of your thumbs placed over the controller, nearly parallel to the length of the controller. Now, as you will find, this posture places your fingering positioning upon the buttons you will use most during your gaming experience---the cross-directional for moving your character; and the action buttons, which will most likely be used for using weapons, jumping, ducking, and opening up boxes, chests, or using other implements found in your game.

Why do I believe this to be the most efficient and effective way of holding a NES controller? The answer is really quite simple. The key in this posture is that your thumbs are able to reach not only all of the buttons on the controller, but that your right thumb is poised to hit both action buttons without any major physical shifting, and your left thumb can quickly access all four sides of the cross-directional, also without dramatic changes in basic posturing. What this all boils down to are quick response times, firm but not rigid support of the controller, minimal physical exertion in using the controller, and the ability to rapidly reach all the buttons on the controller with only two fingers.

While there are no guarantees in this article, implied or expressed, that you will rescue Princess Toadstool, save Zelda, clobber Dr. Wily, or beat your old Tetris records, the hand posturing techniques described in this article will ensure that you will be holding your NES controller stably, surely, and with the ability to maneuver through your old NES games with comfort and dexterity. Good luck and happy gaming!

Copypasta from the future!
http://www.video-games.com/games-articles/...controller.html

On a more serious note, how fucking awesome would it be to have a TRANOID mini-game? Use the buttons to go up and down in the lanes, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 28 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #452

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Taren @ Mar 28 2008, 12:39 PM) *
On a more serious note, how fucking awesome would it be to have a TRANOID mini-game? Use the buttons to go up and down in the lanes, etc.

Now that I think about it, it'd be amusing if someone authored a TRANOID game that loads in actual IIDX charts and has you run through them while the song is playing. Select DoL and automatically lose!
HMM.. I'm thinking about the possibilities too much.

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 28 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #453

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Taren @ Mar 28 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Nearly twenty years of playing Nintendo video games has impressed much important information upon my mind, such as the differences between Goombas and Koopa Troopas, and that Link---not Zelda---is the character you control in the popular video game series of the latter's namesake. Furthermore, two decades of holding Nintendo game controllers has allowed me to devise hand posture techniques that not only are comfortable but have led me to many successful victories in many games ranging from Super Mario Brothers to Mega Man.

Now, if you are like some people I have encountered over the years, you may be wondering if it really matters how one holds a video game controller. The fact of the matter is that, for all intents and purposes, certain positioning in holding a game controller can mean the difference between lightning-fast maneuverability and losing the game to the spontaneous attack of an enemy. Each person adopts his or her own hand posture techniques, but if you are new to the realm, looking to improve your game, or just interested in seeing how it is that one gamer has made his way through hundreds of levels of some of the classic Nintendo games, then you will want to read on.

Making its monumental arrival in 1985, the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) still is revered as one of the most successful and historically significant home video game systems of all time. The NES controller, primitive by today's standards, is a simple, rectangular device with a plastic, black cross-directional; two red, plastic "action" buttons; and two small, slender rubber buttons that activate and respond to "start" and "select" mode prompts.

Many years of playing NES have taught me that the thumbs play a critical part in holding a NES controller. To use the pointer fingers on the controller, as though punching keys on a keyboard, is simply awkward and reduces one's support of the controller in the hands. It is important to strike the balance between solid grasping of the controller while not sacrificing the ability to move the fingers over the controller efficiently.

To hold a NES controller, I recommend supporting it using both hands. Begin your posturing by placing your two hands in a cradling position, then pull your hands apart until only the pads of your two ring fingers are contacting each other. Now, assuming this position, place the controller in this near-cradle (for those who are following these instructions to the letter, be sure the controller buttons are looking at your face, not the floor). With your thumbs in the air, rest them down upon the controller. Your left thumb should be placed in the center of the cross directional button and your right thumb should come down over the two red action buttons. The result should be that you are nearly cradling the controller in your hands with each of your thumbs placed over the controller, nearly parallel to the length of the controller. Now, as you will find, this posture places your fingering positioning upon the buttons you will use most during your gaming experience---the cross-directional for moving your character; and the action buttons, which will most likely be used for using weapons, jumping, ducking, and opening up boxes, chests, or using other implements found in your game.

Why do I believe this to be the most efficient and effective way of holding a NES controller? The answer is really quite simple. The key in this posture is that your thumbs are able to reach not only all of the buttons on the controller, but that your right thumb is poised to hit both action buttons without any major physical shifting, and your left thumb can quickly access all four sides of the cross-directional, also without dramatic changes in basic posturing. What this all boils down to are quick response times, firm but not rigid support of the controller, minimal physical exertion in using the controller, and the ability to rapidly reach all the buttons on the controller with only two fingers.

While there are no guarantees in this article, implied or expressed, that you will rescue Princess Toadstool, save Zelda, clobber Dr. Wily, or beat your old Tetris records, the hand posturing techniques described in this article will ensure that you will be holding your NES controller stably, surely, and with the ability to maneuver through your old NES games with comfort and dexterity. Good luck and happy gaming!

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Mar 28 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #454

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Mar 28 2008, 12:51 PM) *
Now that I think about it, it'd be amusing if someone authored a TRANOID game that loads in actual IIDX charts and has you run through them while the song is playing. Select DoL and automatically lose!
HMM.. I'm thinking about the possibilities too much.

avant-guerre and dreamin' sun would be pretty easy

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Taren
post Mar 28 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #455

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Oni+ @ Mar 28 2008, 03:17 PM) *
avant-guerre and dreamin' sun would be pretty easy

one or more of the overdosers, as well
I wonder if I could ruin this by creating an algorithm to find the fewest amount of lane-changes needed to go through the puzzle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
post Mar 28 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #456

funny yet handsome

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Taren @ Mar 28 2008, 05:57 PM) *
one or more of the overdosers, as well
I wonder if I could ruin this by creating an algorithm to find the fewest amount of lane-changes needed to go through the puzzle.

You should create an algorithm to hack samba into gold cs before it comes out

--------------------

TOO MANY SPINDISKS!!!!!!
( TANE IS LOVE [updated a bunch])
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Oct 8 2009, 01:44 PM) *
pabst blue ribobn

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 29 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #457

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

I just watched TRANOID's video again and it DOES have a lane for the scratch.

Welp, there goes stuff like The Cube [A]
...maybe a reduced hitbox and give bonus points for grazing notes, shmup-style.

All the same modifiers still would work in a TRANOID game. Random, Mirror, S-Ran, Hi-Speeds.. sure Hi-Speeds would spread the notes out for you, but they'd also make 'em come at you faster..

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 29 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #458

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Linus[a] would be pretty awesome as a Tranoid stage

USE THE BRAKE
USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Mar 30 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #459

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

NOW PRESENTING

FUGGIN SIGGED

I'm so sorry. I laughed so hard at this I hurt myself. Which is to say, probably more than I should have. laugh.gif

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 28 2008, 07:03 AM) *
NOW PRESENTING

QUOTE (Kaze @ Dec 29 2008, 12:16 AM) *
But they've already relinquished its title of planet!

+Quote Post
Taren
post Apr 1 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #460

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(chickensnack @ Mar 28 2008, 08:38 PM) *
You should create an algorithm to hack samba into gold cs before it comes out

I already tried that, and all I got was "Mei (L.E.D. Trance Mix)"

oh, and this lousy t-shirt.

--------------------