Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timing Adjust, Surely?
1st Samurai
post Oct 24 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Hello everyone - am I missing something or is there no timing adjust option in the CS titles? I haven't checked 14 yet but I can't see it in any of the others. If this is the case then damn, that sucks.

Also - fuck the balls of my thumbs are bruised like a bastard after playing this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Oct 24 2011, 09:01 AM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (1st Samurai @ Oct 24 2011, 08:43 AM) *
Hello everyone - am I missing something or is there no timing adjust option in the CS titles? I haven't checked 14 yet but I can't see it in any of the others. If this is the case then damn, that sucks.

Also - fuck the balls of my thumbs are bruised like a bastard after playing this.

Ok never mind, the internets tell me the lag isn't really an issue due to the timing widow size. Correct me if that's not the case though.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Oct 24 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

It matters if you play chou challenge with COOLs. Actually it is an issue regardless, but whatever. It's pretty hard to adjust when you don't have a <=3f thing telling you how off you are, and the only indicator of your timing accuracy is like 6 frames long

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Oct 24 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #4

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Cool, (no pun intended). I doubt it'll bother me for a while but I'm taking my stuff to some friends soon and wanted to know how it'll perform on their HD's. Cheers.

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 24 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #5

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (1st Samurai @ Oct 24 2011, 09:43 AM) *

13 and 14. And they're not as adjustable as Empress or anything. I just can't play at all on HDs no matter how "perfect" they are touted to be (even with greats on only), so try it at your own risk.

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Oct 25 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #6

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Shit, I looked in 13's options as well... am I a blind fool or is it hidden behind some Japanese? I'd check myself but I'm at work at the moment and I'm damn impatient.

In fact if there are any options guides for 10 - 14 please link me up; I've checked the 'nomicon and other sites but info seems to be scarce.

Cheers

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Oct 26 2011, 05:20 AM
Post #7

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Yeah it was me being blind... they're blatant in 13 & 14. Thread done.

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 26 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #8

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (1st Samurai @ Oct 25 2011, 06:04 AM) *
Shit, I looked in 13's options as well... am I a blind fool or is it hidden behind some Japanese? I'd check myself but I'm at work at the moment and I'm damn impatient.

In fact if there are any options guides for 10 - 14 please link me up; I've checked the 'nomicon and other sites but info seems to be scarce.

Cheers

If you need help with other stuff (like normas/ojamas) I can help you out but I haven't been in an option menu in ages lol. All I remember is you need to set 7-9s difficulty to 3 to be roughly equal to what it is now.

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Oct 26 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #9

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Alright cool, I'll hit you up if I get stuck. To be honest I'm happy just playing free mode and a bit of arcade whilst I'm still getting better (hitting the early 30s at the moment). I'm trawling through the 50-odd pages of the tech thread on bms as well... always makes me laugh a little how people think there's an answer to "how do I do this or that" in rhythm games other than "play more, duuur".

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 26 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #10

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (1st Samurai @ Oct 26 2011, 12:20 PM) *
Alright cool, I'll hit you up if I get stuck. To be honest I'm happy just playing free mode and a bit of arcade whilst I'm still getting better (hitting the early 30s at the moment). I'm trawling through the 50-odd pages of the tech thread on bms as well... always makes me laugh a little how people think there's an answer to "how do I do this or that" in rhythm games other than "play more, duuur".

Well there is and there isn't; usually you just practice what you need to or you refine other skills to gain a new one (like hitting chords for anmitsu). Some people don't play everything so naturally they don't get good at X kind of chart and they need guidance. Besides that there's only a few real tricks to music games like towel, hat, randoming certain charts, etc.

+Quote Post
TheWertle
post Oct 26 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #11

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

what is anmitsu? and while you're at it, what is every other japanese phrase in regards to music games like soflan etc. I know soflan is short for soft landing and refers to songs with dumb speed changes

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 26 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #12

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (TheWertle @ Oct 26 2011, 05:41 PM) *
what is anmitsu? and while you're at it, what is every other japanese phrase in regards to music games like soflan etc. I know soflan is short for soft landing and refers to songs with dumb speed changes

There are quite a few. Can't type characters in Japanese right now but here's some romanization translations and junk. If someone wants to type it in go for it, comp is kinda shitting on me right now and I need to get a new one :<
ran: random
sran: super random
ana: another
hi: hyper
soflan: soft landing on the body (BPM changes)
sara: plate (scratch)
murisara: impossible plates (scratches)
anmitsu: ??? (hitting 2 or more fast notes as chords)
muzu: hard (hard mode)
EXmuzu: (EX hard)
seiki fumen: original chart
hakken: first read (sight read)
hakkyou: insane (16th or faster chordy stuff, think AA [a] as being the easiest possible hakkyou chart in IIDX, and most 41s as the starting point in pop'n)
tairyoku: body strength (stamina)
paafe: perfect
BP: bad+poor total
10man: 100k or 100,000
otoge: music game
murige: impossible game (impossible)
rankaa: ranker (someone who is very high-level, could compete in regional tournaments)

There are many others but these are probably the most used.

EDIT: Almost forgot, soraBAD or soraPOOR means empty bad or poor from excess pressing. baddohamari refers to bad glitch in IIDX.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Oct 27 2011, 01:27 AM
Post #13

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

S乱、スパラン

ソフラン

無理皿
餡蜜
難 (nan)
EX難、EXH
正規
初見 (shoken)
発狂: Basically means "go mad" which isn't exactly "defined" by difficulty, as stuff like snow storm's fast part might be considered 発狂. But of course it's mostly only used for things uh... I guess Quickening's one measure or harder?
体力: usually used in conjunction with 譜面 as 体力譜面, beginning with maybe EDEN for lower players, AA for mid, perditus for high level players
パフェ
BP、ミス
10万: nobody says this, it's usually MAX or 理論値 ((highest)theoretical value)
音ゲー、音ゲ
無理ゲー
ランカー
空POOR、空プア (kara poor)

I might add
易 (eki): easy
縦連 (tateren): jacks
階段 (kaidan): stairs

pop'n terms
無理押し (muri oshi): impossible to press, refers to things like 1+5+9 or 1+4+8
スライド (slide): to get thinsg like 1+4 with a slide(omg) of one hand
肘、肘押し (hiji/hiji oshi): elbow
振り、左右振り (furi/sayuu furi): swing, left/right swing - patterns that require swinging arms around (like arabbiata, hiprock3, april fool/hyper rock'n'roll)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 03:33 PM