IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cho-Challenge life bar, Different than regular challenge mode?
Krazy
post Jun 30 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

I've been looking around for an answer to this and haven't been able to find it.

Does anyone know with 100% certainty that Challenge Mode and Cho-Challenge Mode have the same lifebar? What I mean by this is, in both modes:

- Bads take off the same amount
- Goods add the same amount
- Greats in Challenge mode, Greats in Cho-Challenge, and Cools in Cho-Challenge give the same amount of life.

Or, does Cho-challenge modify the lifebar in such a way that greats will give less because cools exist?

(I realize scoring is different obviously, but that is not what I'm asking about)

If they are the same, then what reason would someone choose Challenge over Cho-Challenge? Nowadays you always get guaranteed 2nd stage regardless of mode, Cho-Challenge has a better extra stage (it uses regular life bar instead of "hard mode" life bar), and the cools in Cho-challenge help to distinguish if you in the middle of the timing window or not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jun 30 2011, 12:05 PM
Post #2

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

The few things I've found say that there's no difference. I guess the reason would be to be able to say OMG I HAVE A 95k ON THIS SONG when you would only have 85k or something on chouchale.

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Jun 30 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #3

they keep referring to me as that

ちょろ〜ん☆

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 30 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Krazy @ Jun 30 2011, 12:56 AM) *
If they are the same, then what reason would someone choose Challenge over Cho-Challenge? Nowadays you always get guaranteed 2nd stage regardless of mode, Cho-Challenge has a better extra stage (it uses regular life bar instead of "hard mode" life bar), and the cools in Cho-challenge help to distinguish if you in the middle of the timing window or not.

I like the original pop'n scoring system better than the s-challenge one. I played Party on s-challenge for a bit back before the EXes were unlocked (pretty much just for the better extra stage) but it was annoying because I couldn't relate my scores to anything besides other s-challenge scores. After the unlock event was over I went back to playing challenge exclusively and not giving a shit about normas / the extra stage.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Jun 30 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #5

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Jun 30 2011, 08:33 PM) *
I like the original pop'n scoring system better than the s-challenge one. I played Party on s-challenge for a bit back before the EXes were unlocked (pretty much just for the better extra stage) but it was annoying because I couldn't relate my scores to anything besides other s-challenge scores. After the unlock event was over I went back to playing challenge exclusively and not giving a shit about normas / the extra stage.

Except that you can calculate what your regular Challenge score would be if you really wanted to. I guess the comparison isn't as easy as glancing at it, but it's possible. You can't convert from Challenge to Cho-Challenge though.

I mean when it really comes down to it, all you have to gauge yourself in Challenge mode is good/bad counts. Most songs, you'll have 95% great and 5% good/bad. Cho-challenge adds another dynamic. I'd estimate that scores in challenge mode are between 95k-99k 90% of the time, whereas Cho-challenge scores are between 75k-90k 90% of the time, a much larger range.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 30 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #6

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Yeah, but I'm fine with that. It's not like I can 100k anything but really easy songs anyway, so there's usually an acceptable amount of room for improvement.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 05:52 AM