IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pop'n music 14 ANNOUNCED (SUMMER 2007)!
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 26 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #41

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

Yeah, I find most of you guys weird. My playlists on any Pop'n consist of me just going random selection on Hyper and just having a blast. Very very few games where I stick to a set number of songs (just 10 really. Most of 10 either isn't fun or is Craze For You).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Feb 26 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #42

Banned Routine

I don't know how anyone could claim that S-Challenge doesn't make the game more difficult when getting perfect scores is the goal of the game.

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
vjgyo
post Feb 26 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #43

The Shadow

I thought Pop'n 9 was terrible and granted, the most recent version I own is 10, but from listening to some of the OST's, Popn's playlists (to me) aren't up to par like some other Bemani games. I love Pop'n 10. I really do. I'm sure 11-13 are great as well. IIDX has songlists that I love to death. But this is not to say that IIDX or any other Bemani game doesn't have terrible mixes -- I think IIDX 10 was piss poor and DDR Max's songlist was purely lackluster. But Pop'n has a handful of good tunes buried under of average or really bad songs IMO.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 26 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #44

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(rmz @ Feb 25 2007, 02:33 PM) *
Kaze> Play S-Challenge? :S

Anyway, I find it funny how for Pop'n games, half of the replies in the thread are "Meh" or "Not that excited..." or "Sucks except for one song," whereas for most new IIDX games people go batshit and love most of the songs. Due to Pop'n having more diverse songlists, or...? I find that I often do that, too. I like playing Pop'n but the songlists are more hit-and-miss to me. Such a wide variety of genres leads to me loving a few select songs and saying "Meh" to a large number of the rest. I do like playing most of the songs, but not addictively enough to make me drag the Pop'n controller out of the closet more regularly. Not the way IIDX or GF/DM do, where I love pretty close to every song to some degree.

I love most of the songs in Pop'n >_> They just seem to feel compelled to throw weird novelty songs into every mix for some reason (e.g. all that Fever Hero crap in 14, or Moushima in 13CS) which I would probably find funny if I were Japanese, but unfortunately that is not the case. That doesn't mean I don't eagerly await each new release as much as I do IIDX, because I certainly do. Whether I happen to be playing Pop'n or IIDX at home at the time is a simple matter of whichever had a new release most recently, I like both equally.

It's a shame that apparently not too many people share my sentiment on this one sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 26 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #45

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

I actually think I like Pop'n more, just because I don't feel compelled to keep playing songs just to get a better score like I might with IIDX. I just play to have fun, whether it's with a 24 or a 40.

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 26 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #46

all jew (about damaging it)

If your standards are as low as Eggman's, fun is guaranteed!

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 26 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #47

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(JDM_Deets @ Feb 26 2007, 05:51 PM) *
If your standards are as low as Eggman's, fun is guaranteed!

Bah, quit that. I like playing easy songs on Pop'n too, the control method makes them much more fun than on IIDX where I rarely play Light 7 anymore.

What kind of an insult is "low standards" supposed to be anyway? Are you making it while peering down at him through your monocle, nose upturned?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 26 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #48

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Eggman @ Feb 26 2007, 03:37 PM) *
I actually think I like Pop'n more, just because I don't feel compelled to keep playing songs just to get a better score like I might with IIDX. I just play to have fun, whether it's with a 24 or a 40.

That's the way I play GF/DM, and it's helped by the fact that the only (easily-accessible) stat recorded is your Skill%, and I don't even really notice those on the result screen. So I really don't pay too much attention to improve my grades or scores. I also love to play a mix of easy and hard stuff. On V2 I'll play Be Proud and then Day Dream or something XD

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 26 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Feb 26 2007, 04:40 PM) *
What kind of an insult is "low standards" supposed to be anyway? Are you making it while peering down at him through your monocle, nose upturned?

Oh god yes, that sounds awesome.

I mean, I hadn't even thought of the monocle.

I also wasn't really intending to insult Eggman - how many times has he made a post leveraging criticism towards just about anything?

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Feb 26 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #50

Banned Routine

He criticizes me a bunch, but that's mostly when I criticize things.

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 26 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #51

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(rmz @ Feb 26 2007, 07:06 PM) *
On V2 I'll play Be Proud and then Day Dream or something XD

We should form the Be Proud club. Current membership: 2 :/

QUOTE(JDM_Deets @ Feb 26 2007, 08:18 PM) *
I also wasn't really intending to insult Eggman - how many times has he made a post leveraging criticism towards just about anything?

But is that something really worth calling out? I think it's cool that there are a few people left who can still be positive about things on this widely negative Internet. Positivity is something I would love to see more of, because whenever I see how negative the Internet is overall it depresses me. Now see I'm doing it sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 26 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #52

Ok, well. I definitely disagree with you about that. The internet has its own special breed of stupid, poorly thought-out criticism (see Moogy's post in the wii thread about Fire Emblem, for example), but there's a difference between brainlessly criticizing shit without the ability to properly articulate your thoughts and discussing something in a critical manner. Pointing out that pop'n music has flaws and discussing them at length as Kaze did earlier is good. Saying that pop'n music sucks shit bye guys is not.

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Feb 27 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #53

Tranoid

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Feb 26 2007, 04:23 PM) *
I don't know how anyone could claim that S-Challenge doesn't make the game more difficult when getting perfect scores is the goal of the game.

I never said pop'n wasn't difficult to score on. The majority of pop'n's songlist, I think, has quite strict timing, especially on pop'n 8 and below, making 100K's extremely difficult or near impossible. Even after that, the newer songs have charts with quite complicated patterns, again making scoring quite difficult. If scoring on pop'n was easy, I wouldn't be playing. What keeps me playing IS going for 100K's on songs, especially those with tight timing. However, considering songs really don't have the timing issue anymore, and scoring on hard songs is tiresome (personally), I wish pop'n would go more in the direction of clear status as it used to be, moreso than scoring (when a song's timing really made no difference). pop'n 7 had Classic 7, which was a 43 at the time. best hits introduced screen, albiet a 42 at the time, is now a 43. pop'n 8 introduced classic 8, and pop'n 9 classic 9. It appeared pop'n was aiming towards raising the difficulty bar, but after that they kind of just stopped, and then with pop'n 11 they dropped the whole classic series in general, which was a huge disappointment to me, but introduced cowboy, and gave me hope for pop'n's difficulty bar. Meanwhile, cowboy has yet to see the light of AC, and has yet to be challenged by an new charts since. Clearing is no longer the aim, and with the introduction of S-Challenge only further proves that pop'n is going more towards score and ojama play the clear status.

If I believe the difficulty of a game is decided by clear status, not score, then S-Challenge does not make the game more difficult. You say you don't know how anyone could make such a claim; well, maybe now you do. And getting perfect scores isn't the goal of the game, not sure who told you that. I do believe that would be a matter of opinion, and mine says otherwise.

I wonder why I even post here anymore?

--------------------

+Quote Post
vjgyo
post Feb 27 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #54

The Shadow

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Feb 26 2007, 10:43 PM) *
We should form the Be Proud club. Current membership: 2 :/

Hey hey, Be Proud is a good song.

Kaze, I kind of see what you're saying. I'm not that good at Pop'n but I get more excited clearing a hard song than getting a 100k. After I get the 100k for some songs, I'm not very compelled to play them again, either because it's an easy song or it feels like I've 'completed' it, no need to go back to it. If getting perfect scores was the object of the game, to me that would get boring because clearing a hard song wouldn't be good enough, you'd have to get a crazy high score along with it.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Feb 27 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #55

Banned Routine

100King something is fucking awesome because then when you want to replay it there's no pressure on you to beat your old score.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hitman
post Feb 27 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #56

Dazzlin' Darlin

I think the goal of Pop'n is to pass three songs in a row.

--------------------
As the whole army walked in accompanied by tanks walked in more, a bunch of soldiers walked up a grenade in each of their hands.
--Tom Dyron

Have a Drink at the SAND WITCH! The sun makes heat, it's hot my meat! Have a drink!
--Teh Baro

+Quote Post
over there
post Feb 27 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #57

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Hitman @ Feb 27 2007, 03:28 PM) *
I think the goal of Pop'n is to pass three songs in a row.

Close to mine: Pass 3 songs and use weird ojamas to add to your points, get the EX stage and play something new until you've unlocked the game and have nothing else to play (THAT INCLUDES TAISEN MODE AND IT'S OJAMAS for me anyways).

Doesn't have anything to do with 100king stuff; there are songs out there I think are impossible to 100k, like Oi Punk 0 EX.

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Mar 1 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #58

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

God, I HATE 100k'ing stuff. So frustrating sometimes, (though quite accomplishing feeling at the same time). I'd rather play with COOLs. Supposedly KAAKAKZKAREZE doesn't like playing with COOLs. I thought that was very weird or even stupid at first but THIS THREAD HAS MADE ME SEE THE LIGHT OPINIONS ARE HAD. I always come to him for Pop'n information anyway (stupid soundtracks), as he's obviously a way bigger freak about Pop'n than like anyone here (PROVE ME WRONG IF YOU CAN'T).

I just don't 100% like omfg perfection. I'd rather aim for near perfection sometimes, to balance things out or something. Other people are going to feel differently. Other people also have the ability to play the game without annoying their roommates. I guess I am somewhat with Oogami in that I barely play. (Though I'd like to play right now but can't...)

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 1 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #59

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Oddity @ Mar 1 2007, 12:19 AM) *
God, I HATE 100k'ing stuff. So frustrating sometimes, (though quite accomplishing feeling at the same time). I'd rather play with COOLs. Supposedly KAAKAKZKAREZE doesn't like playing with COOLs. I thought that was very weird or even stupid at first but THIS THREAD HAS MADE ME SEE THE LIGHT OPINIONS ARE HAD. I always come to him for Pop'n information anyway (stupid soundtracks), as he's obviously a way bigger freak about Pop'n than like anyone here (PROVE ME WRONG IF YOU CAN'T).

I just don't 100% like omfg perfection. I'd rather aim for near perfection sometimes, to balance things out or something. Other people are going to feel differently. Other people also have the ability to play the game without annoying their roommates. I guess I am somewhat with Oogami in that I barely play. (Though I'd like to play right now but can't...)

Maybe it's because I started on IIDX with this trend, but I always feel better 95king something with Cools with like 2 goods or something than Perfecting/100king it with a [insert cool score 2k less or lower here].

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Mar 1 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #60

Tranoid

See, I started on DDR with this trend, so I always feel better 100K'ing something (without cools), because I'm used to achieving the perfect scores (that of which being a AAA in DDR), as opposed to getting, say, a 95K with cools, because there's more room for improvement I guess, and I can never say I'm truly done with a song (which I personally find annoying). Mainly the reason why I stopped playing IIDX, and prefer DDR over, say, In The Groove. Not like I'll ever 100K Oi Punk 0 EX or anything, so even without cools there's tons of room for improvement.

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 06:15 AM