IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pop'n music 14 ANNOUNCED (SUMMER 2007)!
Angelus_Ov_Letum
post Feb 23 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #21

Tranoid

AWESOME. i can't wait.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Feb 23 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #22

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Huh, I could've sworn I remembered seeing everyone say that FEVER was a million times better than Carnival when it first came out...

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 23 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #23

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

Really, it just seems to me that the upper level players are too picky. The only people that seem to dislike the game are the guys who are above the 41 barrier. I absolutely love the music, like I always do.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 23 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #24

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

The initial music is really good but some of the unlocks were a bit disappointing, IMO. (Of course there were also some pretty awesome unlocks like Psyche Planet V but overall I remember not really being into the majority)

There are easily still enough good songs to be worth buying the game for, even if no new Parquets puts it fairly low in the Pop'n comparison scale. Who knows, maybe they'll add a Parquets song to the CS version to make up for it, like they did with Pop'n 13 and good-cool. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Feb 23 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #25

Tranoid

QUOTE(Eggman @ Feb 23 2007, 06:14 PM) *
Really, it just seems to me that the upper level players are too picky. The only people that seem to dislike the game are the guys who are above the 41 barrier. I absolutely love the music, like I always do.

It's like making a new IIDX without some sort of new impossible song. (iidx 10: oml, iidx 11: sasoribi, iidx 12: mei, iidx 13: nageki no ki, etc.) With all other Bemani getting progressively harder, you'd think pop'n would too. But no, the hardest charts on pop'n AC still date back to pop'n 9 and prior, and in CS, the hardest thing is still from pop'n 8. (I'm talking combo-wise, not clear)

That's why higher tier players don't like 14. Although given, that's good enough a reason to dislike the majority of pop'n games, but the fact that in majority, pop'n 14's 42's are jokes, it gives more reason to dislike 14 more than 13, etc. Given, I just don't like the OST, so that might add to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blo0P
post Feb 24 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #26

Rising in the Sun

Well if everything goes as planned, I cannot wait to play most of the ee'MALL songs. I could really give a damn about revivals this time around.

~51 new songs
~15 new CS songs
~64 unused ee'MALL songs.

130 songs? Maybe Konami will be nice this time around.

--------------------
Hardest songs beaten:
IIDX: One More Lovely [H] - 9
pop'n: Athletic Meet [H] - 36

I'M SO SICK OF ALL THE SLAKE HATING.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 24 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #27

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Kaze @ Feb 23 2007, 09:50 PM) *
With all other Bemani getting progressively harder

The hardest song on Drummania was back in like 3rd or 4th mix - while there's been a hard song or so in most of the recent games as well I think there was a pretty long time before there was anything else in the upper 90s. I don't remember there being such a song in V for example, just a few around 93-94 and then there was one 97 in V2 and a 98 in V3, but still nothing that's stayed as a 99 like Least 100sec (and Daydream which was even earlier than it) has. As far as I recall most of the hardest songs in DM are still way back in earlier mixes, so I wouldn't say it's been getting "progressively harder" at all. The majority of songs are still in the 50-60 range.

I'll agree that DDR and IIDX are but that just makes it basically half-and-half at this point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CStarFlare
post Feb 24 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #28

The faithful live awake, the rest remain mislead

Isn't Model FT2 Miracle a 99?

+Quote Post
Blo0P
post Feb 24 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #29

Rising in the Sun

It seems like music games aren't about the music anymore, and that is such a shame.

--------------------
Hardest songs beaten:

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Feb 24 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #30

Tranoid

They're not so much about the music as they are about having fun, since, that is what pretty much all games are about. And if players have more fun with harder songs, and there is a lack-thereof, how could said game be fun?

Different strokes for different folks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 24 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #31

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(CStarFlare @ Feb 24 2007, 11:13 AM) *
Isn't Model FT2 Miracle a 99?

In V3 yes, but it's been lowered to 98 as of the V4 location test.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blo0P
post Feb 24 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #32

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(Kaze @ Feb 24 2007, 02:39 PM) *
They're not so much about the music as they are about having fun, since, that is what pretty much all games are about. And if players have more fun with harder songs, and there is a lack-thereof, how could said game be fun?

But every game has had songs that are 41 or 42 (Even if they didn't deserve them) Shouldn't that be good enough for a hard player to have fun every time around?

--------------------
Hardest songs beaten:

+Quote Post
over there
post Feb 24 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #33

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Blo0P @ Feb 24 2007, 09:56 PM) *
But every game has had songs that are 41 or 42 (Even if they didn't deserve them) Shouldn't that be good enough for a hard player to have fun every time around?

Depends; improving is always fun, but when you can't improve the fun just stops. This is why I don't play pp'n 8 anymore; the HS and the Charts are so weird to me now that I will never get better than I have on most of the songs. They're all retarded in comparison to post-9 charts. Then again, easy 100ks on every song in the game would make things boring too; I stand by my choice that FEVER is a really good game for higher-level players, as its charts are really technical and involve a lot of weird junk like one-handed 16ths on rwhite-lblue-ryellow or other stuff like that. Carnival is a lot of fun because its charts are 100k-able, but there's a technique to them, it's not where you keep playing the same song over and over again to try and get better at it (aka Ska EX from pop'n 8), where you'll never 100k it.

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Feb 25 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #34

Tranoid

Thing is, I prefer charts like Ska EX and Anime Hero R EX and Pyramid EX, because there is ALWAYS room for improvement, as opposed to Carnival where I practically have a crown on every song up to Lv.40. I have a feeling that FEVER will be no different (and it was, from what I played).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Feb 25 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #35

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

What percentage of players actually are at the level you are, Kaze? Out of all Pop'n players, I can't imagine a large amount actually are having the same "problem" as you.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 25 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #36

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Kaze> Play S-Challenge? :S

Anyway, I find it funny how for Pop'n games, half of the replies in the thread are "Meh" or "Not that excited..." or "Sucks except for one song," whereas for most new IIDX games people go batshit and love most of the songs. Due to Pop'n having more diverse songlists, or...? I find that I often do that, too. I like playing Pop'n but the songlists are more hit-and-miss to me. Such a wide variety of genres leads to me loving a few select songs and saying "Meh" to a large number of the rest. I do like playing most of the songs, but not addictively enough to make me drag the Pop'n controller out of the closet more regularly. Not the way IIDX or GF/DM do, where I love pretty close to every song to some degree.

+Quote Post
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
post Feb 25 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #37

funny yet handsome

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I think carnival had a pretty fantastic songlist and it's hard to follow that up.
I am excited about playing the hell course songs and some other stuff, but yeah it has some pretty weak unlocks.
It does, however, have NO+CHIN which is a huge selling point.

--------------------

TOO MANY SPINDISKS!!!!!!
( TANE IS LOVE [updated a bunch])
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Oct 8 2009, 01:44 PM) *
pabst blue ribobn

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Feb 25 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #38

Banned Routine

rmz: IIDX is my third favorite Bemani, behind GF and PoMu, because I like the music in IIDX less. :| It's not like I DISLIKE it more, it's just a lot of it doesn't stand out. (Except the DD OST, that shit is just terrible.)

And if I had a Drummania ASC IIDX would probably move down to number 4.

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Feb 25 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #39

Tranoid

QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Feb 25 2007, 02:19 PM) *
What percentage of players actually are at the level you are, Kaze? Out of all Pop'n players, I can't imagine a large amount actually are having the same "problem" as you.

In Japan? A large percentage. Every day I went to the arcade I saw multiple players better than me, or anyone in the US easily. But I really don't see why that would make a difference, or why you insist that I have a "problem" or anything. I don't like the fact that there is a lack of difficulty, by means of clearing, on pop'n music. Unfortunately, S-Challenge doesn't do anything to change that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oogami
post Feb 26 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #40

Candy Galy

QUOTE(rmz @ Feb 25 2007, 02:33 PM) *
Kaze> Play S-Challenge? :S

Anyway, I find it funny how for Pop'n games, half of the replies in the thread are "Meh" or "Not that excited..." or "Sucks except for one song," whereas for most new IIDX games people go batshit and love most of the songs. Due to Pop'n having more diverse songlists, or...? I find that I often do that, too. I like playing Pop'n but the songlists are more hit-and-miss to me. Such a wide variety of genres leads to me loving a few select songs and saying "Meh" to a large number of the rest. I do like playing most of the songs, but not addictively enough to make me drag the Pop'n controller out of the closet more regularly. Not the way IIDX or GF/DM do, where I love pretty close to every song to some degree.

That's exactly why I could never justify spending any money on Pop N' games. I have Pop N' 8 and I enjoy playing it a few times a year (I technically have Pop N' 1, too, but I have never actually played it), but whenever I play it I play like the same eight or nine songs and THAT'S IT. The same thing happened to me with Pop N' 10 in the arcade, too. When I pay scads of money for a game and a special controller I'd expect for at least half the songlist to be consistently memorable and playable. I'm aware that this is just a matter of taste, but as you yourself stated, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

--------------------

More people should contribute scores to RetroFuture :>

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2018 - 05:47 AM