IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starting Doubles play for the first time, discussion about the transition to doubles on my new RED from DAO
M30W
post Mar 28 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #1

My RED from dj dao just came in the mail, it's beautiful. About to throw in 3rd Style and probably fail some 1*

Any advise on learning doubles, besides just keep at it? I remember how long it took to get anywhere in the game when I first started on light7. Wish me luck!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmz
post Apr 7 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #2

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Older songs are more likely to have complete nonsense Double charts than newer songs (things like 7+Scratch on 1P side). Then again, newer songs are more likely to have completely uninspired by-the-numbers Double charts.

Just practice, play as many different songs as you can, and skip songs that seem too far out of your league. I seem to remember that the difficulty ratings can be pretty unreliable on Double, even moreso than on Single.

+Quote Post
CStarFlare
post Apr 7 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #3

The faithful live awake, the rest remain mislead

Consider playing single play one handed. You'll probably improve your hand's speed and accuracy more quickly than you would by playing DP, though it doesn't help you learn to handle both sides at once.

+Quote Post
TBsmasher
post Jun 4 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

A word about newer doubles charts. If a doubles chart seems like it's too uninspired, try random. In fact, try playing random as much as possible. It will help you get through to level 7s very quickly. Also, make sure you use your thumbs whenever possible. If you happen to get to an arcade anytime soon, charge notes are much easier when you use your thumbs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 10:29 PM