IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

93 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IIDX EMPRESS CS + PREMIUM BEST, great sendoff, or greatest sendoff?
Saiyajin
post Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #1

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

Dang, says over 180 songs. I know I'm late to this I don't come here often enough to participate in active discussion anymore.

Two discs, dang. Wish they'd make an append disc so we could play songs from older styles on the new visual theme. Probably pretty complicated to do that, though. I've been wishing that since 6th style CS. Hahahahahaha.... it'll never happen.

But still, over 180 songs is gonna be rockin. Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep. Dang, over 180 songs... Wow. I know I'll be playing the revivals disc a lot more than the Empress disc, that's for sure. New songs in Empress aren't so great, I play almost revivals exclusively at the arcade. :/

--------------------
«air IIDX guitar - Your personal entertainer.»
QUOTE (cstarflare @ July 31st, 2007. 3:35:18)
CAN'T RUN FROM THAT, BABE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 9 2009, 05:56 AM
Post #2

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Jul 9 2009, 03:33 AM) *
I actually have only listened to a few songs from Empress yet so a lot about the songlist is unfamiliar to me. This may be the first CS gave that I have been relatively "unspoiled" for in...ever.

I went through all of the songs once at the arcade, trust me, you're not missing much.

QUOTE (Faker13 @ Jul 9 2009, 03:28 AM)
totally sig'd

Oops, remind me to proof read my posts better to for it at then me.

But yeah, I just looked at the revival list and am totally disappointed that there is no VIRTUAL MIND. But I'm sure all the COOTE LOVERS are stoked to hear about BLAME's glorious return.

Also, I was looking at RMZ's post a while ago regarding V, and it made me think... maybe a cool alteration for his name could be RM v.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 9 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #3

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

:< You should try to laugh for fun next time instead of those evil laughs like Dr. Claw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 10 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #4

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

Man, the Final Countdown was an epic song. This thread made me really nostalgic, so I tried to play some old styles, but the lane flares made it so I couldn't see half of the notes. I wish there was a way to turn down the brightness on the lane flares! Hahaha... they'd be playable then. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 10 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #5

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rage against the usual @ Jul 9 2009, 10:58 PM) *
i only play eggman and intended

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 12 2009, 04:44 AM
Post #6

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Faker13 @ Jul 11 2009, 08:53 AM) *
the male guy when hes like GYAHGYAH GYAHGYAH

That would be even more amazing if it was a female girl going like that. Mannnnnnnnnnnnn!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 14 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #7

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Jul 13 2009, 08:36 PM) *

Blame

COOTE MAKES NOTHING BAD!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 15 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #8

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Apollo2X @ Jul 15 2009, 01:29 AM) *
I wonder if they'll have Noria's voice as an unlockable

We can only hope so!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 15 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #9

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

I'd like to see Paramnesia revived. That song was epic.

https://www.msu.edu/~toddjona/paramnesiaaaaa.jpg

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 15 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #10

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rage against the usual @ Jul 15 2009, 09:42 PM) *
people that call things "epic" are fucking gay

people that call other people "fucking gay" are not epic

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 16 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #11

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Jul 16 2009, 10:33 AM) *
What exactly is a "drama CD"?

Most likely it's a story based off of the IIDX characters in a common, easily relatable situation in a world resembling our own... with hot J-style renditions of the characters that we will have to animate ourselves with our elaborate imaginations as we lay in the dark on a midsummer night as rislim remix undoubtedly plays in the background throughout the entire drama CD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 16 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

Sounds like something the fine people who post on these forums would be anxious to get underway!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 18 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #13

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Xythar @ Jul 18 2009, 03:42 AM) *

That was AWESOME. I love Fire Fire. I want a higher quality MP3 of this. ;_____; Even though it's not exactly the same as the IIDX Fire Fire... it's close enough. Hahah. If the IIDX version was like this, it'd be much easier to pass on another. Hahahahahaahsdkfjhal;kdsfh.

I really should buy Gold CS, shouldn't I... :x

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 23 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #14

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Smbu @ Jul 23 2009, 09:50 AM) *
Damn, $250! that's pretty expensive! I pre-ordered the Complete Set from Konamistyle basically for the Empress AC poster. The cheapest I usually see it for on Yahoo Auctions JP is ~$100 (10,000 yen) or so, so it's a pretty good deal for me at 18,800 yen. I was looking into buying an Empress AC poster anyway and this is very helpful. (I already have the 10th, RED, Distorted, Gold, and Troopers AC posters)

Previous LE's did not come with the arcade posters only the smaller "PS2 version" posters. This one comes with the ACTUAL Arcade poster though!

Actual arcade poster? Wow... kinda hard to believe. Where did you read that? I highly doubt that it's arcade sized... even though the Playasia or whatever says "arcade promotional poster". It's probably just the same design shrunk to B2 size, like the Gold bundled poster was. If it really is the arcade sized poster though, it means it's a cheap way to get one, as the prices for them right now are ridiculous at best.

Nice collection of posters ya got there. 7th style is a tough one to land as they go so expensive... and my 8th style AC poster has holes in two of the corners, so I don't really count that but... (6th, 8th, Another Style, 9th, 10th, RED, Happy Sky, DD, Gold, Troopers AC posters, 10th, RED, Happy Sky, DD, Gold, Troopers, Empress tapestries :3) What's sad is that you can get the tapestries cheaper than the darn posters for Empress! >:O

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 24 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #15

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

smbu, I retract my previous statement about the size difference... But I'd still be concerned that it has slight differences to the AC poster. But, Konami is sitting on a gold mine for not openly selling the arcade posters! If I don't find one cheaper sometime soon, I might go ahead and buy this just for that dumb poster. >:O Darn me and my need for completion. :<

By the way, Play Asia's markup is completely retarded and should be purchased by no one. What a crock of crap. Obviously it's because PA is located in Hong Kong/China or wherever, and the goods have to be first shipped to Japan, then China, and THEN from China to their customers as opposed to straight from Japan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 25 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #16

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Smbu @ Jul 24 2009, 07:23 PM) *
What do you mean? The arcade posters are B1 size and that's what size the poster included is also. I've checked out enough auctions for posters on Yahoo Auctions JP to notice that the sellers usually list the size(when they do list the size!) as B1 for the AC posters. The page even lists the poster as Arcade-ban(version) Beatmania IIDX16 Tentou(display) Poster. The picture on display looks exactly like the Arcade poster as well. If you look closely enough you can even see the "white" e-amuse pass shown at the bottom of the pic as well, just like on the AC poster I've seen at all the Gamecenters. I've played a hell of a lot of Empress AC and I've seen that poster many many times over the past few months.

I said that I retracted what I said about the size, confirming that it truly was B1 which is the same as the arcade. BUUUUT I'm still skeptical about it being identical to the arcade poster... like they'll add something like "CS" or something to the image to completely ruin it. Not that the size was different. I wasn't saying you were wrong man... I'm just skeptical that it's gonna be *exactly* the same in every way as the arcade posters, even though the pic and their J-scription of it does look just like it! Hey, I want it to look the same, I really do! I wanna get a copy of it cheaper! Buuuuut, I'm just worried about it being authentic enough (god that sounds so elitist... but I don't mean it that way, I'm just a collector)... I didn't mean to make you think that I was saying you were wrong in any way... :<<< Sorry that it came off that way.

Totally agree with you about the Red CS poster, btw. Seeing that on my way to sleep would give me a friggin nightmare of... uhhh well I'd better not go into graphic detail as a lot of the fellow posters have sensitive eyes hahahahhaahhahaha. :x But yeah, it's one of the few posters I don't have... The Happy Sky CS one is aight, though I do prefer the AC (which is darn hard to find right now!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 27 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #17

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Jul 27 2009, 11:22 AM) *
So if all they added was "PlayStation 2" to the bottom left corner of the poster, it'd be worthless to you?

Yep.

I actually went ahead and bought an arcade poster yesterday anyway hah, so it's no longer a concern for me. :>

I know it might seem meticulous to the point of calling me obsessive compuslive, but it's so much cheaper and easier for me to get these posters living here than it is for people living in more civilized countries. I can afford to be picky to the finest detail. If I was living in a different country, there's no way I would be collecting as much as I have, the way I have been doing it. It'd have been impossible. So, I just have an unfair advantage. Plus I don't want all the extra junk that is also bundled with the poster. I'm ending up getting it rather cheaper this way anyway, if the game is set for sale at 8200 yen, it'll probably go on sale downtown for 7200 yen day of release so ...

--------------------

+Quote Post

93 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 08:30 AM