Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Closing Time
Boxthor
post May 3 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #21

Evergreen

6/6/09

STYICKL OUT FO!

I can finally play Rislim Remix in peace.

This post has been edited by Boxthor: May 3 2009, 11:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AmazingKenchan
post May 3 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #22

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (itsgreylolol @ May 3 2009, 11:38 PM) *
Seriously, if someone wants to release the source code, at least for the score tracking, Im absolutely up for doing whatever I can to help keep things going.

Funny, I already have a webserver and domain ready to go. What a coincidence.

Seriously though. I'm ready.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 3 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #23

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Yeah as I've said, I'm more than willing to contribute whatever work and/or money is necessary to keep this site/community alive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post May 3 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #24

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (AmazingKenchan @ May 3 2009, 11:48 PM) *
Funny, I already have a webserver and domain ready to go. What a coincidence.

Seriously though. I'm ready.

Im in for helping with whatever coding/updates need to be done. I spend way too much time on VJA as it is, I'd love to help work on it.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
UKNaruto
post May 3 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #25

Tranoid

Seriously?

Wow, what a beating, this place is still easily my favorite website (even though I don't really play IIDX much), and I've met some great people over the years on here that I can easily call my good friends now.

Thank you for all your hard work Remy and you too RMZ. While I am extremely upset at this announcement (which is probably going to be another reason I stop playing IIDX), I can understand what is happening and I thank you for everything.

I remember how excited I was to stumble upon this place four years ago (almost five I think), and I wish everyone the best of luck.

Fuck, where am I supposed to post now?

Edit: As of last month I have been a member of these boards for four years! Crazy...

--------------------
NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO AAA ALGALON THE OBSERVER

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 3 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #26

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (UKNaruto @ May 3 2009, 11:58 PM) *
Fuck, where am I supposed to post now?

At the replacement forum when it's set up btns.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post May 4 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #27

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

From: Darkness Beyond Time (And I'm the Dog, or Bitch, Schala)

fine if you really want people to move to Escaprism then you (Xythar) would have to recreate the IIDX subforums :colbert:

I'm only doing the Fun/Free Style part!

j/k let's go to zenius since TimerRabbit is there

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

"maya talks like someone perpetually participating in internet cat fights" -viv

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"well, yes, and ofc she is an intolerant narcissist girl lol" -jeanclaude

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"krystal with a relaly tiny pecker is probably peak sexiness anyway" -grass

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

"nah, it's cool. you seem fine. especially for a person" -ancientscapes

"tfw biggest internet tough girl is a sub" -Based Audity

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 4 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #28

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I think the full forums might be a bit more than Escaprism can handle - I'm going to try and work out some kind of dedicated server effort but it's more of a question as to how much stuff can be directly migrated over and how much we need to start from scratch for. In short, it's gonna cost money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post May 4 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #29

that's why unimportant things (IIDX/pop'n discussion) should not be on Escaprism!

--------------------

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 4 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #30

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Well, use it for now but if we're going to set up a properly funded full replacement then we might as well just include those forums there as well, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post May 4 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #31

yeah but that can't be done overnight

and next Mafia game is going to start "soon" btns.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 4 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #32

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Faefly Kite @ May 4 2009, 01:11 AM) *
yeah but that can't be done overnight

and next Mafia game is going to start "soon" btns.gif

So we've still got like 2 months or so right btns.gif

But yeah, do what you have to do. Just be prepared that you might want to move again if we get some new forums set up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kay0ss
post May 4 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #33

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Boxthor @ May 4 2009, 12:41 AM) *
STYICKL OUT FO!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post May 4 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #34

grey's avatar is the best reply to this topic

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taren
post May 4 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #35

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

I would love to help build/support a replacement. I [also] have the hosting, bandwidth, and MySQL capabilities, but I'm not the greatest at web design.

Where's the sign-up sheet?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Putf8umHawke
post May 4 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #36

Air Ixion

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ May 3 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Wow. This certainly wasn't what I was expecting/looking forward to to finish off the weekend. I was just thinking earlier today how crazy it is that I've been coming to this site for nearly 5 years...I honestly visit it more than any other site - I always have a tab (or, before I did tabbed browsing, a window) open.

Same here. I was pretty shocked when Twan mentioned it to me over MSN. Sure I don't play much in the line of IIDX anymore, but for better or worse, these forums -- and everyone that posts -- has been a part of the daily internet routine. Thanks for the five great years it's been.

--------------------
Twan says: so what possibilities are there
pH-zero says: me being killed for some reason, unlikely though
Twan says: I don't see why that would happen
QUOTE (Darighaz @ Oct 6 2007, 06:27 PM) *
PLATINUM HAWKE IS DEAD.

Twan says: ahhh fuck it, yes, it was me XD
pH-zero says: hahaha, epic pay back you bitch

QUOTE (Moogy @ Mar 6 2008, 03:57 PM) *
I know more about anime than you do.

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post May 4 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #37

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Taren @ May 4 2009, 12:45 AM) *
I would love to help build/support a replacement. I [also] have the hosting, bandwidth, and MySQL capabilities, but I'm not the greatest at web design.

Where's the sign-up sheet?

You, me, Kenchan, and Xythar; let's get this shit rolling. Anyone else willing, let's get it together so we can get a migration together as VJA goes down, so we don't have a long downtime in between, if possible.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 4 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #38

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Basically possibilities that I'm seeing are:

* We somehow 'splinter' off the /iidx, /popn (or whatever it's actually called) and /forum directories and databases to another server, or another account on the same server. I don't know if this is even possible or not but it would be the best solution if so provided that Remy, rura and liggum are okay with it (since it would also involve transferring all the source code, user data, etc). There would probably need to be compromises made, but we'll have to hear back from them first.

* We start a new forum from scratch on another site, doing what we can to duplicate the feel and functionality of this one. Not perfect since we'd have to start again, but better than just closing down forever. VJA/PNN themselves would essentially be up in the air based on whether we can get the source code or not, not to mention we'd have to come up with a way of importing everyone's XML data back into the new database.

Either way, we will need to work out what kind of hosting we're going to need based on the projected load, how much it's going to cost, and how we're going to arrange to pay for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post May 4 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #39

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I don't even know what to say sad.gif If there's something I can do to help form a new site I'd be willing to do it, though keep in mind I know nothing about servers or coding or anything technical :/

+Quote Post
gtc
post May 4 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #40

Dazzlin' Darlin

Very very sad news sad.gif

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 02:08 PM