3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Decency.
Tropical Pallete
post Feb 7 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #41

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

I like bringing up stupid shit from other forums and mock people for year-old opinions because this site has run out of actually funny things to say PBST BLUE RIBBON grape-flavored yasuhiro abe SLAKE I wish Xepher was an anime rare records garden misspelling of bemani song name for laughs HAHA Your music opinion sucks mine's better for no specified reason

This is basically how I've seen the IIDX / Take It Easy / Free Style threads for the past few months as.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post Feb 7 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #42

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Schlagwerk @ Feb 6 2009, 06:17 PM) *
Wait, when did this topic go from "stop mocking people and bringing in outside drama" to "no silliness at all"? dry.gif

Apparently, since I posted. My point isn't "no more fun!", it's "less of Schala/Oni's nonsense scattered all over the goddamn place". Schala's cool, but her inside jokes have grown big tentacles and now extend into just about every thread. It would be nice if 90% of nonsense stayed in Free Style or whatever.

Then again, I'm a Ruiner of Fun™.

QUOTE (rmz @ Feb 6 2009, 06:48 PM) *
Why? If you don't like what's there, don't click on it.

Free Style just feels like an excuse to justify the bullshit we were putting in Listen to Yourself in the first place. That's what I thought when I first saw it, and it pretty much remains true to this day. If you just kept moving the stuff there (clarification: there = Listen to Yourself) in the first place, I suspect we wouldn't have gotten into this situation of having to get strict again, because you wouldn't have allowed the nonsense to get out of hand in the first place.

QUOTE (Faefly Kite @ Feb 6 2009, 09:00 PM) *
Kirby Kirby Kirby didn't like Marie_Antoinette either so that pretty much sums up how ANTI-FUN he is

You people are kinda dumb if you don't see all the on-topic threads (game thread, the IIDX ones, etc.)
(and the fact that the majority of the nonsense IS in free style)

In retrospect, Marie_Antoinette was cool compared to Piccolo or the other imaginary friends you've made for yourself.

I don't have a problem with the idea of nonsense. I have a problem with the abundance of it.

But I guess I can't actually think that without coming across as a bad guy. OH WELL

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Feb 7 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #43

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

From: Darkness Beyond Time (And I'm the Dog, or Bitch, Schala)

QUOTE (Kirby Kirby Kirby @ Feb 7 2009, 08:50 AM) *
In retrospect, Marie_Antoinette was cool compared to Piccolo or the other imaginary friends you've made for yourself.

I don't have a problem with the idea of nonsense. I have a problem with the abundance of it.

But I guess I can't actually think that without coming across as a bad guy. OH WELL

well yeah of course considering Piccolo is the king

maybe you should just be executed!

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

"maya talks like someone perpetually participating in internet cat fights" -viv

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"well, yes, and ofc she is an intolerant narcissist girl lol" -jeanclaude

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"krystal with a relaly tiny pecker is probably peak sexiness anyway" -grass

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

"nah, it's cool. you seem fine. especially for a person" -ancientscapes

"tfw biggest internet tough girl is a sub" -Based Audity

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Feb 7 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #44

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Kirby Kirby Kirby @ Feb 7 2009, 06:50 AM) *
grown big tentacles

Well IIDX is a Japanese game so you should expect things like this

Piccolo is a real person...and yeah king of metting etc

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 7 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #45

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Kirby: Free Style is funny. Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean nobody else does. Trying to force your own opinion on what is and isn't funny onto other people comes across as a little self-centred, which is probably why it's making you seem like the "bad guy". Chill out and don't read the forum if you don't like it. If you feel it's spilling out too often then talk to rmz about it but honestly most of that stuff is pretty harmless and done without malicious intent so I see no reason to be offended by it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lentic
post Feb 7 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #46

Evergreen

As a new user, I guess I'll just throw this out there: For IIDX discussion, I basically check VJArmy and the forums at BemaniStyle. There's occasionally some stuff I "get," but yeah, this place is riddled with incomprehensible in-jokes. Even in threads that I assume are supposed to be somewhat serious, and discussion based. I don't know the hidden meaning behind Pabst Blue Ribbon. There's just a lot of stuff where I'm like "Oh, I guess I'd find this funny if I joined four years ago."

That's not totally a problem - I guess it's pretty expected when you have a fairly small, long running community centered around a "hardcore" (yeah shoot me) topic like IIDX. Or Pop'n for some. Just know that when some of you guys are wanking all over threads like "lol pabst blue ribbon, splash beats on your mom!" it's pretty off-putting to people who haven't been here nearly as long as you.

With that said, this place IS a great resource for some good discussion - but in terms of clarity and focus, BemaniStyle has it beat.
The amount of "silliness" and "in-jokes" isn't something I think needs to change, but this forum might benefit as a whole if people were a little more conscious of when they're communicating in a totally exclusive manner.

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Feb 7 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Lentic @ Feb 7 2009, 09:04 PM) *
but in terms of clarity and focus, BemaniStyle has it beat.

uh

point out this apparently huge amount of off-topic stuff in the IIDX threads!!!

pbr is more like 4 weeks old, not 4 years, and it's not funny anymore because dumb people ruined it and that's why xythar for example was making fun of iidxclock's continued usage of it

btw BMS doesn't have VJA beat on anything except stupidity

--------------------

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Feb 8 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #48

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Faefly Kite @ Feb 7 2009, 08:29 PM) *
pbr is more like 4 weeks old, not 4 years, and it's not funny anymore because dumb people ruined it and that's why xythar for example was making fun of iidxclock's continued usage of it

People that are funny when using pbr:
Faefly Kite
loluralimey
Xythar

People that could be funny but choose not to because pbr is the epitome of Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif :
Sense2007

People that try REALLY REALLY hard to be funny with pbr (whilst failing miserably):

People that have actually seen Blue Velvet:
Axem Rangers
Sense2007

If there are any inaccuracies in those lists just tell me and I'll fix it, maybe! smile.gif

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Feb 8 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #49

I'm guessing limey has!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Feb 8 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #50

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

well shhhiii- man, then I'm taking back grape flavored

people who use grape flavored thinking they're funny but aren't: everyone but me
people who misspell grape flavored: the Euroupeans and soume Canadians
people who know what grape flavored is from: me

That's my meme, I started it, nobody can use it except when I saidso because it's my meme, not yours, you're not in the cool kids cliche, and BAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Fuck that shit! Pabst Grape How 'bout me, girls?
Q! We don't have time for your games!
Hah Hah Hah :flex:

btns.gif

ps: you guys can have Bill. I never liked that one anyway

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 02:35 PM