3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Decency.
rmz
post Feb 4 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I know that this has been going on for a while, but it's time to draw the line, as a couple recent posts have made me realize that my forgiving attitude was apparently a mistake.

If you cannot resist the urge to post personal attacks or bring off-site drama onto the board, you will be banned. I am also disabling all sockpuppet/duplicate accounts, and if I see that more are being created, they will be banned as I see them.

In general, if you can't post with even a modicum of decency, you will be given a warning and eventually banned. You are adults, so act like it. VJA has been devolving into a bit of a shitpile for a while now, and it's time to clean up the mess. If you absolutely must post something stupid, do it in Free Style. I'll also be moving threads/posts over there a little bit more as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Feb 4 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #2

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (rmz @ Feb 4 2009, 10:08 AM) *
I am also disabling all sockpuppet/duplicate accounts, and if I see that more are being created, they will be banned as I see them.

Well TWG just got a whole lot less interesting. Also, I liked posting as Dr Girlfriend more than as Kraken but who am I to argue with draconian moderation policies? mellow.gif

If you absolutely must post something stupid, do it in Free Style. I'll also be moving threads/posts over there a little bit more as well.

So much for the best poster on this site. (loluralimey)

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 4 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (η-BEATS @ Feb 4 2009, 03:09 PM) *
draconian moderation policies

I guarantee you that I am, even now, a hell of a lot more lenient than Remy would be.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Feb 4 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #4

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Feb 4 2009, 11:08 AM) *
In general, if you can't post with even a modicum of decency, you will be given a warning and eventually banned. You are adults, so act like it. VJA has been devolving into a bit of a shitpile for a while now, and it's time to clean up the mess. If you absolutely must post something stupid, do it in Free Style. I'll also be moving threads/posts over there a little bit more as well.

I look forward to this, as it would nice for VJA to be like it was a couple years ago. This is a good wakeup call for everyone. There are forums elsewhere for the kind of posting some of the people here enjoy. (I'm not saying I didn't do some stupid posting myself, we're all guilty to an extent!)

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Feb 4 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #5

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Feb 4 2009, 05:47 PM) *
(I'm not saying I didn't do some stupid posting myself, we're all guilty to an extent!)

Yeah, sometimes it's just a bit too fun not to. But this is definitely for the best.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Feb 4 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #6

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Feb 4 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Yeah, sometimes it's just a bit too fun not to. But this is definitely for the best.

Well as rmz said in the OP it's more of the personal attacks and bringing in stupidness from other forums (even just to comment on its stupidness here) that has brought this about than silly and/or off-topic posts/threads

..I don't see the harm in keeping puppet accounts around, though

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
deathrazor
post Feb 4 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #7

fffff

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Feb 4 2009, 07:47 PM) *
There are forums elsewhere for the kind of posting some of the people here enjoy. (I'm not saying I didn't do some stupid posting myself, we're all guilty to an extent!)

yeah take it over to AIJ

they seem to welcome stupid posting

But in all seriousness I'm glad something is being done. Is the same going to apply for irc?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 4 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #8

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

That one will be up to the channel ops since I don't hang out in IRC much these days.

+Quote Post
BBH
post Feb 5 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #9

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (deathrazor @ Feb 4 2009, 06:56 PM) *
yeah take it over to AIJ

they seem to welcome stupid posting

hahaha

But in all seriousness I'm glad something is being done. Is the same going to apply for irc?

IRC has always been way more lenient than the forums have been. Is there something more specific that needs to be addressed?

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
kay0ss
post Feb 5 2009, 05:52 AM
Post #10

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

As long as no one is hurting anyone I don't give a fuuuuuck. Do what you guys think would be best for the site/forums, etc. :E

--------------------

+Quote Post
loluralimey
post Feb 5 2009, 05:56 AM
Post #11

Tranoid

No more jamming for me.

+Quote Post
Remy
post Feb 5 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #12

VJ Army is dead or alive

Just as a reminder for everyone, a banning from the forums has traditionally included a nuking and/or jailing of your VJA/PNN accounts.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
Remy
post Feb 5 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #13

VJ Army is dead or alive

Shitting up this thread is a really great way to prove the point rmz was making.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
Toph
post Feb 5 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #14

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

Not quite sure how quoting song lyrics or making a IIDX joke constitutes shitting up a thread.

Florida Alert?

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Feb 5 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #15

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

From: Darkness Beyond Time (And I'm the Dog, or Bitch, Schala)

QUOTE (Toph @ Feb 5 2009, 10:00 PM) *
Florida Alert?

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

"maya talks like someone perpetually participating in internet cat fights" -viv

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"well, yes, and ofc she is an intolerant narcissist girl lol" -jeanclaude

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"krystal with a relaly tiny pecker is probably peak sexiness anyway" -grass

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

"nah, it's cool. you seem fine. especially for a person" -ancientscapes

"tfw biggest internet tough girl is a sub" -Based Audity

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Feb 5 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #16

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

rmz said personal attacks and off-site drama were forbidden (which is fair enough). If you're extending that to "making any kind of joke, regardless of how inoffensive" then that's also fair enough since it's your site, but this may not be the forum for me anymore.

Seriously, did that Billy Joel reference I made offend you? I'm honestly sorry if so, I thought anyone who knew the original song (albeit not many people I guess) would just get a chuckle out of it. I wasn't aiming to piss anyone off and I apologise if I did, but like I said that's just how I am.

--------------------

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Feb 5 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #17

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Xythar @ Feb 5 2009, 08:07 PM) *
rmz said personal attacks and off-site drama were forbidden (which is fair enough). If you're extending that to "making any kind of joke, regardless of how inoffensive" then that's fair enough, but this may not be the forum for me anymore.

Well jokes offend people and stir up forum drama. Kind of like innocuous sockpuppet accounts and threads about anthropomorphised IIDX songs. They have no place on VJArmy IMO.

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Feb 6 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #18

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Toph @ Feb 5 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Not quite sure how quoting song lyrics or making a IIDX joke constitutes shitting up a thread.

Florida Alert?

Because it's spam and wastes bandwidth, posts, and in some people's cases, their time.

Free Style isn't even worth clicking on anymore.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Feb 6 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #19

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

From: Darkness Beyond Time (And I'm the Dog, or Bitch, Schala)

QUOTE (Morning Blue @ Feb 6 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Because it's spam and wastes bandwidth, posts, and in some people's cases, their time.

Free Style isn't even worth clicking on anymore.

Quoted post wasted bandwidth, a decent post that could've been in its spot, and in my case, my time.

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

"maya talks like someone perpetually participating in internet cat fights" -viv

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"well, yes, and ofc she is an intolerant narcissist girl lol" -jeanclaude

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"krystal with a relaly tiny pecker is probably peak sexiness anyway" -grass

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

"nah, it's cool. you seem fine. especially for a person" -ancientscapes

"tfw biggest internet tough girl is a sub" -Based Audity

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
waffles
post Feb 6 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #20

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

The point is that there are places where its less than appropriate to post whatever the hell you want, regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with the topic at hand. Posting random goofy stuff in a thread called "Decency" about how there needs to be a change in attitude and posting habits is less than decent. It says "Hi, I'm not taking this seriously at all. I don't give a crap that you want this place to be nicer. I'm part of the problem." The great majority of this forum its fine to post good natured jokes. The prevailing "I'm going to do whatever I want wherever I want" is more of a problem, as I see it...

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 02:33 PM