6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [VJA] Beatmania US Support, Phase two is complete
WILD RIDE
post Mar 31 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #41

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Ah. Is it going to be throw in at the end after 14k, or is it going to be the first one on the left? I just think it would look off if 5 key was the first mode listed, what with it's lack of prominence. I'm not trying to be picky, so if you disagree just ignore me or something. I'm not looking to make anyone angry...

--------------------
WILD RIDE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hsanrb
post Mar 31 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #42

Dazzlin' Darlin

Not sure if anyones noticed this, but I just tried to sumbit a score for e-motion Another 7 and there is an extra note added. I got a very good 82/19/92/0/3 (little sarcasam there), but there is apparently an additional note somewhere in the song (max ex on US is 386 and the one thats being recorded goes to 384) I'm gonna post the rest of my horrible another scores and see if any other problems arise.

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Mar 31 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #43

Tranoid

Is there any way to remove the 5key songs from showing up in our profile? I never play 5key(except when I needed to unlock the [A]'s on BM US), and I don't ever want to enter in any 5key scores. The missing 5key scores do screw up my overall grade though. dry.gif

oh and also when I check out my 4th/5th/7th/8th/10th style score pages I get stuff like this showing up:
"Warning: Division by zero in /chroot/home/remy/public_html/iidx/viewuser.php on line 432"
"Warning: Division by zero in /chroot/home/remy/public_html/iidx/viewuser.php on line 489"

where it add up the grade totals on the right.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

President of the SuPa |L�| Fanclub! Oh, YEAH!!!1
QUOTE (Amadeus)
U JUST GOT SHUNZZIED BIZOTCH! :O

+Quote Post
sanchny
post Apr 2 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #44

The Shadow

10key diffs and notecounts:

1 Jam Jam Reggae 76
1 Overblast 285
1 u gotta groove 93
2 Do You Love Me 229
2 emotion 124
2 First Day 373
2 Funkytown 278
2 Love So Groovy 227
3 Hunting For You 338
3 La Bossanova de Fabienne 341
3 Lift Me Up 290
3 Paranoia dirty mix 200
3 sdz 175
3 Stop Violence 173
3 The Way You Move 258
3 Toxic 371
3 Virtual Insanity 209
4 20 Nov radio edit 352
4 Celebration 390
4 MGS theme 173
4 You Really Got Me 321
5 Battle Breaks 299
6 Attack the music 378
6 Manmachine plays jazz 492
6 tribe groove 259
7 321 stars 436
7 genom screams 745
7 ska a go go 507

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Apr 2 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #45

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

How about you put 10 key after 14 [A]? That'd look better than having a big white line downt he majority of the middle of the page...

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post Apr 2 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #46

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Just a note, I was headed to add my score for g.m.d. L7 on BMUS and it won't let me submit it as it has a lower sum of notes than the one required. Here's what I got on the records screen:

43 - 40 - 59 - 4 - 20 (P/G/Go/B/Po)

A picture can be uploaded upon request.

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Apr 2 2006, 08:52 PM
Post #47

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

Not sure if this is intentional or even known, but 5K scores aren't added to the sig graphic nor are the DJ Points from them added to the single DJ Points ranking, though they are added on the combined DJ Points ranking.

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Apr 2 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #48

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

I wouldn't mind if they stayed off the graphic, what with this being a IIDX site, but if they aren't going to be here they shouldn't be in the view user graph thingy either...

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
lefty
post Apr 2 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #49

Evergreen

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Apr 2 2006, 09:25 PM) *
I wouldn't mind if they stayed off the graphic, what with this being a IIDX site, but if they aren't going to be here they shouldn't be in the view user graph thingy either...

I don't mind either way if they don't get put on the sig graphic, but I agree, that If they aren't going to be on the sig, they shouldn't be counted in the totals.

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Apr 2 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #50

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

I think they should count in both places. Remy might've just overlooked or not got around to implementing 5K in either place yet. I don't think he'd intentionally count them and not show them.

Just a thought. Let's say, hypothetically, that 2nd style has 5-normal, 5-another, 10-normal, and 10-another. That might make for an ugly layout on the view user page. :\ But that's a long way off.

I think the column order should go 7N 7H 7A 14N 14H 14A 5N 10N. Or we could take a cue from the periodic table. The 5K songs could be the lanthanides and the 10K songs could be like actinides! That way the table looks better. =D

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Remy
post Apr 3 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #51

VJ Army is dead or alive

It's an oversight. They'll be there eventually.

Look, I know you guys are all OH MY GOD 5-KEY ISN'T A LEGITIMATE WAY TO BE PLAYING ON THIS SITE. I understand that concern.

It's a legitimate difficulty setting. The songs that are on both 5 and 7 in US tend to have more notes on 5 than they do on L7 (never mind Beginner).

I'm sure there are people who wish I had never put L7 on the site - I mean, they're just ways to whore out more AAAs! No one really plays IIDX on L7 anyhow, right?

...there's a delicate balance between appealing to the hardcore and appealing to the new players. The 5-key thing is a concession for new players. The absolute refusal not to program the US grading system (should we ever figure it out) and the amount of programming I did to remove 5-key from viewuser (and add the "all japanese styles" thing) was a concession to the hardcore.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Apr 3 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #52

Banned Routine

QUOTE(Remy @ Apr 3 2006, 08:44 AM) *
I'm sure there are people who wish I had never put L7 on the site - I mean, they're just ways to whore out more AAAs! No one really plays IIDX on L7 anyhow, right?

...there's a delicate balance between appealing to the hardcore and appealing to the new players. The 5-key thing is a concession for new players. The absolute refusal not to program the US grading system (should we ever figure it out) and the amount of programming I did to remove 5-key from viewuser (and add the "all japanese styles" thing) was a concession to the hardcore.

<3
Remy is win for logic and sanity.

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Taren
post Apr 3 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #53

patsenner

DJ Battle This User

When I get around to it, Total Recall will also have R5K and R10K support, and it will count towards totals and the sig and stuff... I'm gettin' there. I'm pretty sure 5key is already being exported to XML, as my local program was FLIPPING OUT about this weird unsupported mode called "5".

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Apr 3 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #54

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

I'm not going to argue with Remy. It's his site, and he can do whatever he wants with it. I just wish he was a little more understanding. 5-key is beatmania, while 7-key is IIDX. They're not the same game...please don't ban me.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Remy
post Apr 3 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #55

VJ Army is dead or alive

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Apr 3 2006, 03:50 PM) *
I'm not going to argue with Remy. It's his site, and he can do whatever he wants with it. I just wish he was a little more understanding. 5-key is beatmania, while 7-key is IIDX. They're not the same game...please don't ban me.

Okay, first off: argue with me all you like. I have yet to ban anyone from the site for arguing with me. Nor do I ever intend to.

I am aware that 5-key is beatmania, and 7-key is IIDX. They are not the same "game", it's true - but at the same time, here we have this DVD where they are on the same "game". This is a first for the community. This is hard to reconcile.

Here, let me lay it out this way - here's what's new, functionality wise, on Beatmania US that isn't in any of the JP versions:

- 5-key
- New grading system
- Beginner difficulty charts integrated into the main game mode for IIDX
- Replay Mode
- Practice Mode

I've already committed to not supporting #2 and #3. #4 and #5 aren't supportable in a site such as this.

Why is it you don't want the 5-key charts here? Is it just because you think they're really easy and will never play them? Is it because it makes View User look a little more cluttered? Is it just "this is explicitly a IIDX score site and this is not explicitly IIDX so it shouldn't be here"?

Convince me. Anyone out there who feels strongly either way, seriously, now is the time to throw in your opinion. Trust me, if I get a lot of compelling arguments to get rid of it, I'll axe it. But if it's merely because *you* don't want to play 5-key, I need to remind you that there are over 2000 registered users - close to half of which are active - and everyone has different needs. Some just need 7-key, some need doubles, some need expert courses, and some would probably really like 5-key.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Apr 3 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #56

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Meh. I don't know. On one hand it kinda screws up my AAA count. On the other hand, if you look at it like that, so does an e-motion score. If it were up to me, the scores would show up on the site, but not count toward your graph, kind of like with 5-line in Pop'n.

Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to argue. I kind of suck at wording things...I guess everything I say sounds like I'm trying to provoke someone into arguing about something, and the fact that I complain a lot doesn't help my case any. The sarcasm in you last post just bugged me a bit, because [L7] is part of IIDX, while 5 key isn't (and I know the JPN styles techinically have 5-key, but you know that doesn't count, what with it being 7key-2, and having no records.). That's really all I meant when I said you should be more understanding.

And being a GameFAQs user, I can't help but be a little afraid to disagree with an admin. You know how they are on that site...at least, you probably do.

I'm not trying to make things unneccesarily difficult on you, though that's probably what I'm doing. If so, I apologize. I'll do my best to stop whining about this subject...for real this time.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Remy
post Apr 3 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #57

VJ Army is dead or alive

I apologize about the bit of snark earlier, it was uncalled for. I get a little jumpy when people want me to shelve things that may appeal to newer players. I just wish that people would remember that not everyone on this site is a tatsujin or even a catsujin. I mean, hell, my fingers are screwing up my AAA count pretty badly. smile.gif

Anyhow:

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Apr 3 2006, 04:24 PM) *
If it were up to me, the scores would show up on the site, but not count toward your graph, kind of like with 5-line in Pop'n.

This sounds reasonable to me, given the way PNN works. Anyone have an issue with this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Team Ragnarok
post Apr 3 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #58

Team Ragnarok is dead or alive

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Remy @ Apr 3 2006, 04:41 PM) *
This sounds reasonable to me, given the way PNN works. Anyone have an issue with this?

That actually sounds like a great idea. I'd be all for it.

--------------------

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Apr 9 2007, 08:51 AM)
TaQ!NO!!! is my favourite genre of music. I fondly remember such greats as D!X!!Y!!! and sto!IC!!!

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jan 15 2008, 01:34 PM) *
CREEPY RAVE / A/S/L? / RAM

QUOTE(chickensnack @ May 27 2008, 03:33 AM) *
RAVE - OLD - RAM

+Quote Post
blah
post Apr 3 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #59

Tranoid

I'm honestly more worried about how cluttered view user is getting than sig images and dj points. The fact is that if you have 14k display on your view user, it's already a lot to take in. It might be easier on the eyes to have 5k/10k display below 7k/14k rather than having it mixed in. It would probably also help keep all the neat freaks out there a little more sane. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
QUOTE(darkmage @ Feb 26 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]53078[/snapback]

lets all enjoy pressing buttons, regardless of whether or not we may be good at it. and lets press buttons to maytag repairman and other such classic tunes.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Apr 3 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #60

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

How about a seperate viewuser page for "beatmania" songs? Seperates the 5/10k scores from the rest of them, especially if you have 7 and 14k already on there.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 10:31 PM