817 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GAME THREAD, It's okay to not like mario kart, but don't be a dick about it
Rating 4 V
security tubbs
post Jun 19 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #1

The Shadow

I will be the first person to get a copy of Persona 3 if I have to kill for it.

Until then, though, I'm going on a nostalgia binge with a dose of sadism. Armored Core: Nexus on one side (aiming for all S ranks on Revolution), and FFV on another (with a twist: I make sure to max out a Job on everyone before each boss. Then I hit Red Mage. Fuck.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Jun 20 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #2

The Shadow

QUOTE(JDM_Deets @ Jun 19 2007, 10:16 PM) *
Since when did sadism become synonymous with extreme boredom?

Have you PLAYED the version of FFV in Anthology?

There's masochism involved.

...oh, shit, I did write sadism. I meant masochism. DAMN YOU BRAIN.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Aug 20 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #3

The Shadow

Thirding that. It's so good I got drunk and melted down in TWG over it.

And that was before I even got to the real combat.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Aug 27 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #4

The Shadow

Oh god, it's so much more.

I can't stop playing this game. The fusion chains, the social links, the random dungeons, the shuffles... jesus christ, there's so much in it and every time it adds another layer I JUST GET DRAWN IN FURTHER.

You have to play it. I am literally calling it game of the decade. Fuck anything else, this is THE GAME OF THE 'AUGHTS.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Aug 31 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #5

The Shadow

I'm seconding Eggman here. I've never had a single AI snafu when they were on Act Freely. Scan enemies as you hit them (hell, you ought to just so YOU know the weaknesses) and they fight well, get hit and they heal well. The only time I ever have to do something because the AI doesn't is when reviving folks, and that's probably because nobody else has skills for that where I am.

Admittedly, I play slowly due to having a 6 year old around, and waiting until she's absent/asleep to play.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 1 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #6

The Shadow

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Aug 31 2007, 01:37 AM) *
Ok then, I must be wrong. Those things I saw happen must not have happened. Problem solved.

It's more like "what the hell are you doing that you're the only one having this happen"?

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 2 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #7

The Shadow

Man, it sounds like I'm behind everyone here on P3.

Well, except Mathman. (Sorry, dude.) I'm just making it to level 20, still in block 2 (albiet the second chunk), 20 days until the next full moon.

6 year olds suck. Goddamn morals and my "no letting the kindergardener see people shoot themselves in the head over and over" stance.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 2 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #8

The Shadow

Goddamnit, you guys are making me want to go back into the living room and play more now, and I just told myself I'd stop for the... morning, I guess it is.

The ending is really that good? Seriously?

Actually, since you're that far, could you confirm/deny something I've been wondering about for me? (Please just a yes/no, for once I'm actually TRYING to avoid spoilers.) Is the main character and/or the Mysterious Boy eventually revealed to be Philemon? I keep getting that vibe.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 4 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #9

The Shadow

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Sep 3 2007, 07:54 PM) *
A manga is just A COMIC.

Except generally less fun.

(I cried when Cap got assassinated.)

(Fuck you.)

...I'll take my derail elsewhere now. I will, however, note that I play Persona like a dick. Junpei starts acting like an ass? Okay, he's not going back in the party until he apologizes.

Two weeks later, he hasn't been in a single battle and I think he's officially reached "fodder" status in terms of being so behind in levels.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 13 2007, 06:55 AM
Post #10

The Shadow

QUOTE(VgameT @ Sep 13 2007, 01:57 AM) *
DIRTY AMERICAN CRETINS ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE GLORIOUS REZ IN AN EASILY OBTAINABLE AND ENJOYABLE FORM
THEY MUST PLAY THE GAME THE WAY KONAMI MEANT IT TO BE PLAYED: NO BAR, NO SPEED MODS, NO ITEMS. DREAMCAST DESTINATION

I think I love you for this. Don't tell my girlfriend or she'll kill me.

Seriously, though, I'm about as big a fucking Rez nazi as they come, down to owning it on both DC and PS2 (DESPITE NEVER OWNING A DC SUCK IT, I bought it for the fucking artwork), Trance Vibrator and all, and I'm happy it's going to get a cool re-release that my TV can't even take advantage of.

Why be hatin', miab? You make Oddish cry.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 15 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #11

The Shadow

QUOTE(Kirby Kirby Kirby @ Sep 14 2007, 03:39 PM) *
I totally agree with Schlagwerk on this. Rez is a great game, don't get me wrong, but it's way overhyped. Then again, I guess I haven't lived the full experience with the trance vibrator and the bass, so what do I know? >_>

I have. You're not missing nearly what Axem is claiming.

I'll admit to being a fanboy for it, but yeah. Expecting some sort of goddamn masterwork is way too much. That's like seeing anything to do with Stan Lee from the past decade and going "He's a fucking genius, this is great!" No. No, Stan is senile now, and his stuff is no longer that good. Stop encouraging him.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 27 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #12

The Shadow

Stupid throwback post to an old topic: to the people who said Persona 3 had the best ending ever - you fucking liars. Take two parts Evangelion, add a dash of Earthbound.

I won't specify further, but jesus, that was derivative save the whole you fucking die part.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 28 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #13

The Shadow

QUOTE(Eggman @ Sep 27 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Also, stop comparing everything to something else and you might enjoy it a lot more.

Okay, now wait a second.

How in the hell could you get to that final encounter and not go "Oh, look, it's Earthbound all over again" as every maxed social link starts praying for you, and then the party does the same? I mean, maybe you could compare the bit with being healed party member-by-party member to FFIV, but still. And yeah, let's not even touch on all the Eva similarities.

Also, CStar, your avatar/title combo keeps making me crack up.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Sep 29 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #14

The Shadow

QUOTE(CStarFlare @ Sep 28 2007, 08:49 AM) *
Hahaha Innocent Sin online

I was PRAYING for an IRL meetup becuase that would have been extreme lulz

Too bad Maya never found out who you were. sad.gif

I kept wondering "does she know? Is this leading to rank 10 being 'Oh, I knew it was you all along, (name)-san!'?"

That was my favorite social link, by far, especially with how the clued you in pretty early if you paid attention.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Nov 18 2007, 02:48 AM
Post #15

The Shadow

I'm pretty sure the purpose of the 360 was "playing Armored Core 4 without having to pay the exorbitant cost of a PS3".

At least that was my purpose.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Nov 18 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #16

The Shadow

QUOTE(Elixir @ Nov 18 2007, 01:38 AM) *
What's the matter with a console with online abilities?

does not equal
QUOTE(Elixir @ Nov 17 2007, 10:11 PM) *
I'm not the idiot owning a 360 and refraining from using it's entire purpose, which is online mode.

which is why you are a moron.

Now.

Shut up. Please.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Dec 13 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #17

The Shadow

QUOTE(Eggman @ Dec 13 2007, 05:58 PM) *
The Halo graphic novel is pretty bland, as is the new on-going series.

Seconding this, as the comic geek.

Uh.

I read more comics than novels at the moment due to them just being cheaper (and in a good period... Sinestro Corps? HELL YES)

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Dec 14 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #18

The Shadow

QUOTE(Eggman @ Dec 13 2007, 10:50 PM) *
I'm looking to pick up a trade of Sinestro. I talk with Pat Gleason every now and then and the whole thing looked epic.

Too bad nearly everything else DC's put out lately has sucked though.

It's about 50/50, to be honest. A lot of people I know vouch for Blue Beetle (I can't stand it), I snag Booster Gold monthly, and the 52 spinoffs (NOT Countdown... Crime Bible, Four Horsemen, Infinity Inc.) are all of fine quality. GLC, as was mentioned, is excellent, and let's not forget Grant Morrison on Batman right now.

Hell, I think I'm buying more DC than Marvel, which is really... odd, I don't usually do that.

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Dec 31 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #19

The Shadow

I'm buying that shit and I don't even have a DS, that is how much I want it.

(Also I've been burned on games going out of print when I don't get them ASAP and so that's a big factor as well.)

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post Feb 5 2008, 03:32 AM
Post #20

The Shadow

Random thought at midnight after an FFTA bender: not only is this game fucked up plotwise, but so are the abilities. Bunnygirl assassins who can one-shot you? Being "charmed" by a bullet to the fucking face? And let's not even start on how Steal: Ability is the most fucked up skill ever.

So I don't think I was supposed to get a randomly-generated knife that gave me that an hour in. This game just broke harder than Persona 3.

+Quote Post

817 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 01:43 PM