Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Round 1 @ Lakewood Center, The Land of Fulfilled Dreams
BigC
post Aug 14 2013, 01:52 AM
Post #1

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/showthrea...-Spring-2013***

Literally 4 3 IIDX Tricoro SPADA machines and 2 1 Gitadora (Overdrive cabs) on e-amuse...suck it Puente Hills Mall. Pop'n Music Fantasia and DDR X3 are there too but no e-amuse service for those. This one is also near my house too for once though now I'll feel bad when playing here since it means I'll be contributing to Super Arcade's death.

Project Diva is here too if you're into that sort of thing.

about to lose my entire life savings will bump this thread later with my "get me out of debt" kickstarter

edit: 1 IIDX and 1 pair of Gitadora machines supposedly donated to needy children in the midwest

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shao
post Aug 14 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

from my understanding, guess you'll be shunned by the super crowd now huh

and don't forget the 2 pop'n fantasias and idolm@ster

--------------------

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Aug 14 2013, 04:18 AM
Post #3

The Shadow

beatmania IIDX 20 Tricoro (4 cabs)
pop'n music 20 Fantasia (2 cabs)

time to move to socal and become a true ascetic iidx/pop'n hermit. are there any good alleyways or overpasses to pitch a tent in or under around round 1

+Quote Post
BigC
post Aug 14 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #4

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

There's a few freeways to live under but you gotta walk a good deal to get there.

Someone on sows speculated that maybe a few of those machines are just there temporarily before being moved to future Round 1 locations because 4 tricoro cabs in one place is ridiculous outside of Japan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shao
post Aug 15 2013, 04:37 AM
Post #5

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (BigC @ Aug 14 2013, 10:40 AM) *
There's a few freeways to live under but you gotta walk a good deal to get there.

Someone on sows speculated that maybe a few of those machines are just there temporarily before being moved to future Round 1 locations because 4 tricoro cabs in one place is ridiculous outside of Japan.

ya probably since they will be opening a san jose location by march 2014? according to a twitter update from r1... hopefully by then they may have updated cabs that are all on e-amuse, not just iidx/gitadora.. pop'n/ddr would be fantastic

if/when it happens.. golfland bemani crew, good night sweet prince

(and you also forgot the x3 machine at lakewood)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Aug 15 2013, 05:36 AM
Post #6

The Shadow

if a san jose round 1 opened, and had tricoro, and pop'n, and usf4 (does round 1 have any intention of getting jp fight game cabs)!!!!! literally rip svgl forever

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Aug 15 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #7

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (ErAseRmoTor maXimUM @ Aug 15 2013, 03:36 AM) *
if a san jose round 1 opened, and had tricoro, and pop'n, and usf4 (does round 1 have any intention of getting jp fight game cabs)!!!!! literally rip svgl forever

The original R1 had (has?) AE when it came out in Japan.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
BigC
post Aug 15 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #8

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

They guy who owns Super Arcade called Round 1 the Wal-Mart of arcades which is honestly the perfect analogy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DROP
post Aug 16 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #9

HEY RADIES ;)

DJ Battle This User

honestly when there are like 3 arcades worth going to left in the united states it's kinda weird to rag on any of them lol

--------------------
QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Oct 27 2010, 06:40 AM) *
a good father doesn't play japanese games

All you DDRist's, try Trip Machine with the bass turned up!!

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Aug 16 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #10

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (DROP @ Aug 15 2013, 10:16 PM) *
honestly when there are like 3 arcades worth going to left in the united states it's kinda weird to rag on any of them lol

Basically.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigC
post Aug 17 2013, 04:32 AM
Post #11

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

I think it's great that Round 1 is expanding here, I haven't gone to Super Arcade in about a year mostly due to how far out of the way it is for me anyways but if I lived nearer I'd go more often if only to play on the programmed world servers.

I went to this Round 1 today, this place shits on the Puente Hills Round 1. Also there's some other stuff like target and costco in this shopping center so if you need to buy some cheap dishware or buy a case of 48 pop-tarts then you can also do that. The DDR X3 machine is "unlocked" but I didn't see any challenge charts selectable for the unlocks which really sucks. I really hope they get DDR 2013 here in the future, hopefully licensing issues aren't keeping that game from being brought over here. Gitadora drummania plays fantastic and the Tricoro machines seem brand new. I want to take this opportunity to thank whoever designed Gitadora's unlock system because it's better than Tricoro's where you have to somehow manage to find a way to pay for the subscription service to unlock songs you missed out on. (On a side note I am willing to pay someone living in Japan to do this for me) I also look forward to ironically playing the project diva machine once it's fixed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Aug 17 2013, 01:17 PM
Post #12

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

Tell them to get ITG2 r21 :< Though if I'm in Cali I'll probably just go to James Games for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigC
post Oct 12 2013, 04:17 AM
Post #13

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Updates:
Project Diva machine works now, when I first played it for some reason my first thought was "the UI looks really nice".

Two DJ Max Technika 3 machines have been added too bad the online service was discontinued forever XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigC
post Nov 21 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #14

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

SPADA is here according to Round1's facebook page (Also at the Puente Hills Mall location).

RIP in peace Tricoro

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Nov 27 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #15

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (BigC @ Aug 17 2013, 04:32 AM) *
I want to take this opportunity to thank whoever designed Gitadora's unlock system because it's better than Tricoro's where you have to somehow manage to find a way to pay for the subscription service to unlock songs you missed out on. (On a side note I am willing to pay someone living in Japan to do this for me)

did they change it or something from when it first came out? The unlock system I remember involved having to go onto the terrible e-amuse site (that for some reason doesn't log you in automatically like all the other ones do), chose a song you want to unlock, then like...chose other people who also want to unlock that song and hope that they play that day because your points get pooled at the end of the day...or something? I gave up pretty quick...also, there was some kind of smart phone app involved I think, but my phone couldn't run it. It seemed like the most needlessly complicated unlock system ever.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
BigC
post Nov 30 2013, 04:56 AM
Post #16

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

That's how it used to be but I guess Konami realized it wasn't a good unlock system that everyone hated so in July they replaced it with a simpler "shop" style unlock system. After every game session you get a certain number of points depending on how many songs you cleared and how well you did and it'll let you use those points to unlock songs. Every week a new song can be unlocked for 36000 points and older songs can be unlocked for less, with the minimum being 1000 points for the oldest unlocks. I usually get around 4000-5000 points each session. That phone app was eventually turned into a mobile Gitadora game.

I was actually able to find a rant about the old unlock system written in English. Looks like the login issue you mention was due to there being two different account systems being merged into one game.
http://r-ch.net/gitadora-postmortem.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 1 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #17

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I don't even play Gitadora AC and I don't want to touch the app with a ten foot pole. Also, Otobear is a terrible mascot and seeing him spin around every time I wait for shit to load fills me with rage.

--------------------

+Quote Post
adammm
post Dec 10 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #18

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (ErAseRmoTor maXimUM @ Aug 15 2013, 05:36 AM) *
literally rip svgl forever

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

+Quote Post
BigC
post Jan 14 2014, 01:55 AM
Post #19

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

In Round1's facebook page it's not uncommon to see people post in their wall requesting games like reflec beat, jubeat, SDVX, DDR 2013, and pop'n music sunny park. (Really need reflec beat and jubeat so I can finish lincle link 5/cafe de tran in my lifetime)

So Round1 listened and now there are 5 Project Diva Arcade Future Tone machines. I would ask "Are there arcades in Japan that have these many Project Diva machines?" but I think I already know the answer to that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jan 15 2014, 01:49 AM
Post #20

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Uhhh, I can't think of any that had more than 3 but maybe it got bigger since last April or something.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 04:59 PM