+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Mar 3 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #1022

Banned Routine

yeah fuck that axem kid

fuck him in the asshole

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kay0ss
post Mar 4 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #1023

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Rock Band ain't that bad :<. In fact it is fun to fuck around with a bunch of people and do horribly on songs. :>. I don't think I'd see myself playing the game a WHOLE lot, though.

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT.

Real talk though, if there can be animes based off of alchohol, making bread, and pretty much anything you can possibly think of, there needs to be one about DANCE, with an emphasis on alot of the OLDER ONES including FUNKSTYLES (Popping, Locking, and any branched-off version of these dances). I could also say b-boying but eh. :E

I think it'd sell pretty well seeing as how dancing is just as abundant as it is in the States and how alot of the extremely popular hip-hop/funkstyles dancers out there come from the Land Of the RISING SUN (Hilty & Bosch, The Gogo Brothers Look em up. They're kinda HAT).

And if any of you guys respond with any witty comments about my opinion I will personally come to your house and beat the shit out of your otaku-oozing hikkikomori ass.

MAN THE INTERNET IS TOO GANGSTA. ^________^v

Oh, and School Rumble SAN-GAKKI needs to come out. t33h33.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 4 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #1024

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(kay0ss @ Mar 4 2008, 12:55 PM) *
Real talk though, if there can be animes based off of alchohol, making bread, and pretty much anything you can possibly think of, there needs to be one about DANCE, with an emphasis on alot of the OLDER ONES including FUNKSTYLES (Popping, Locking, and any branched-off version of these dances). I could also say b-boying but eh. :E

Problem is that dancing would be really animation intensive so I doubt anyone would do it. Most anime seems to rely on simplicity or lack of movement. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 4 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #1025

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Mar 4 2008, 04:03 PM) *
Problem is that dancing would be really animation intensive so I doubt anyone would do it. Most anime seems to rely on simplicity or lack of movement. tongue.gif

And when there is dancing, it's all that pathetic idol routine crap.

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
kay0ss
post Mar 4 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #1026

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Mar 4 2008, 03:06 PM) *
And when there is dancing, it's all that pathetic idol routine crap.

And that's exactly why we need an anime that focuses on more intricate dancing! But Mazrim has a point, the movements of a hip-hop dancer/funkstylist would be an animators nightmare :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 4 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #1027

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(kay0ss @ Mar 4 2008, 04:22 PM) *
And that's exactly why we need an anime that focuses on more intricate dancing! But Mazrim has a point, the movements of a hip-hop dancer/funkstylist would be an animators nightmare :<

Meh. Put it in the hands of some of the Korean animation studios and they should be able to handle it, the character design will just look like ass. Heck, they're also prolly more knowledgeable on the kind of dancing you want to see than the Japanese.

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Moogy
post Mar 4 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #1028

善悪相殺

Princess Tutu has a lot of well-animated dancing. Well, not the kind that you're looking for, though.

Your best bet is to ask SHAFT!

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Mar 4 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #1029

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Princess Tutu has princess in the title, and is thusly infantile and or gay. You are a fool for even mentioning it.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Mar 4 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #1030

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

I remember when I used to go to the University of Minnesota Anime Club and they watched Princess Tutu the season before I started going and they were voting on what to watch next and I put out ideas for stuff like Banner of the Stars/Crest of the Stars (whichever one went first) or Guu or something. This one unbelievably filthy guy with mustard stains (I hope) on his shirt wouldn't shut up about how great Princess Tutu was. He was really "in" with some of the people that ran the club and it was obvious that they were mostly just like him.

When they finished voting, because of that guy, Princess Tutu almost won and it was almost shown twice in a row. I stayed for that season. I think we ended up watching X and Guu or something. The season after that, Princess Tutu did win again and I stopped going.

+Quote Post
Toph
post Mar 4 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #1031

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

QUOTE(kay0ss @ Mar 4 2008, 09:55 AM) *
Rock Band ain't that bad :<. In fact it is fun to fuck around with a bunch of people and do horribly on songs. :>. I don't think I'd see myself playing the game a WHOLE lot, though.

This is true on one condition and that condition is that I get to be on vocals. 8)

Aaaaaaaaaand yeah anime dancing kind of bugs me on an emotional level.

Kind of like when I went to Bemanifest '06 and watched Twin, DM Ashura, T "Bonedbysetzer" J and some fat chick do this parapara routine in front of 200 people.

... so um

Unlike most magical girl heroines, Princess Tutu does not physically fight her adversaries. Instead, she chooses to dance with them, in an attempt to help them better understand their feelings and show them how to overcome it. Since these heightened emotions are a result of the heart piece that resides within them, they are freed of this artificial intensity when Princess Tutu removes the heart piece and returns them to the prince.

Anthropomorphic characters are featured prominently. Unlike other anime, animal characters are not limited to catgirls, featuring crocodiles, ducks and anteaters.

um.

ummmmmmmmmmmm

no seriously like

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Mar 4 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #1032

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Toph @ Mar 4 2008, 03:54 PM) *
This is true on one condition and that condition is that I get to be on vocals. 8)

This is the only reason I can play Rock Band at all. At least it's a pretty damn good karaoke game. While not the best gameplay/design wise (lol gameplay in a singing game, but I mean like Singstar), it has some pretty awesome songs to sing. Best karaoke soundtrack for a game ever as far as I'm concerned. If I could get the game and a mic for like, $70 or something, I'd do it.

ITT We talk about Rock Band

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
post Mar 4 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #1033

funny yet handsome

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Toph @ Mar 4 2008, 02:54 PM) *
ummmmmmmmmmmm

no seriously like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsmkAKCB4jY

--------------------

TOO MANY SPINDISKS!!!!!!
( TANE IS LOVE [updated a bunch])
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Oct 8 2009, 01:44 PM) *
pabst blue ribobn

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 4 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #1034

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Toph @ Mar 4 2008, 06:54 PM) *
ummmmmmmmmmmm

no seriously like

We must dance the dance of joy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Mar 5 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #1035

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jan 7 2008, 07:17 PM) *
Rosario + Vampire is quite possibly the dumbest series ever. It's like concentrated GONZO fail.

Guess I'm late for the party on this one. Yeah, the series is just outright stupid. I started watching it with very low expectations, not looking for more than ecchi. Unfortunately, the only outright sexy character (IMO), Kurono, the succubus, barely even has any lines past episode 5 (they're on 9 now), whereas the series was setting itself up for a significant love triangle plot. I'm still skimming through each episode hoping that changes, but from 6-9 all it's been is an infinite loop of the male and female lead looking at each other funny before being interrupted by all the secondary characters. Then the scene completely abandons the moment to cut out to something insignificant and unrelated happening and then the whole ordeal repeats itself. Then some random (usually female) monster shows up, tries to kill everyone, and the female lead does a single poorly animated high-kick, ending the fight. Not much of a spoiler there BUT I GUESS IT'S STILL ONE CONSIDERING IT'S ALL THAT HAPPENS IN THE EPISODES PAST 5.

QUOTE(Eggman @ Jul 22 2006, 10:24 PM) *
Welcome to the NHK is the show to watch right now.

Definitely one of my favorite animes. There's only what, two filler episodes in the whole thing? And it's even arguable as to whether the two are or not. Highly recommended.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Moogy
post Mar 5 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #1036

善悪相殺

Nearly the entirety of the NHK anime is filler. Filler is defined as material created for an anime adaptation that is not present in the source; the NHK anime is almost completely different from the light novel on which it is based! Same with the manga.

Also, I made a pretty kawaii fansub for Rosario once. http://upload.tsukuru.info/upload/%5bRRR%5..._release%5d.avi

It was actually the first sub for this episode!

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ

+Quote Post
kay0ss
post Mar 5 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #1037

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Yeah, at first I gave the NHK anime like a 10/10, but after reading the manga and realizing most of the anime is filler (not bad filler....but STILL filler), I gave the anime like a 6.5/10.

NHK manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NHK anime

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Mar 5 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #1038

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

How much of the manga is out right now, anyway? ADV's been going mind-numbingly slow with the anime DVD releases. It'll probably be another year before they finish.

I also hear the original novel is much, much darker. Does that make it more interesting?

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
sand whale
post Mar 6 2008, 01:05 PM
Post #1039

Dazzlin' Darlin

oh man windy tales is the shit. how come no one told me about this.

i've been watching old gainax stuff lately. if you like nhk you should watch otaku no video. speaking of nhk, i bought the tokyopop translation of the light novel and thought it was shit. it sounded like the internal monologue of a wapanese middle schooler for the most part, complete with groan inducing humor. maybe a lot just got lost in translation, i dunno. it is darker, i guess. i still like the nhk manga best.

vinland saga is the best manga currently being scanned.

+Quote Post
Putf8umHawke
post Mar 6 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #1040

Air Ixion

Huh. Marimite got licensed.

Did not see that one coming.

--------------------
Twan says: so what possibilities are there
pH-zero says: me being killed for some reason, unlikely though
Twan says: I don't see why that would happen