IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DJ Battle Singles/Doubles Separation
DJ Battle Singles/Doubles Separation
Do you require the ability to DJ Battle on both Singles and Doubles at once?
Yes. Battling on both Singles and Doubles at the same time means something to me. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
It's a little inconvenient, but I'm OK with carrying out a battle on each and adding the results together. [ 5 ] ** [27.78%]
I have never needed to battle someone on both singles and doubles. [ 13 ] ** [72.22%]
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Himiko
post Oct 12 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #1

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

As you may or may not be aware, I'm in the process of revamping the user page to show either single or double scores, but not both at once. The page was already too crowded as it was, and with the addition of black anothers there just wasn't room to fit everything in without making it show single and double scores separately. Switching between the two is very easy (there's simply a new dropdown to the left of Filter where you can choose Single or Double) and you can also choose the default view to display in your user control panel. Or at least, you will be able to once 4.2 goes live.

However, this has left me in somewhat of a quandary with regards to DJ Battle, which uses the same format. The easiest thing to do here would be to simply make the same changes to the DJ Battle page and only show battle results for either Single or Double, but not both. However, I realise some people may wish to battle others on both Single and Double at the same time. For now I will make it so you can only battle on single or double at once, but if people would like me to come up with a way that they can battle across both single and double at the same time again then I will work on coming up with an alternate solution. Probably this will involve rearranging the DJ Battle page so that single results are shown first and then double results in a second table under them; this may make the page rather large however and may not be ready in time for Empress.

Anyway, please vote or comment and let me know if anyone actually uses this feature that I'm trying to think of ways to preserve.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Oct 12 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

And, so that you can actually see what I'm talking about, here is the View User page in 4.2:

(Note: 5 Key / Black columns are hidden if the user has no scores recorded for that particular difficulty on any song)

The plan is currently to redesign the DJ Battle page in a similar fashion.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Oct 12 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #3

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

There's no reason to keep single and double together. Such a small number of people actually would use both at the same time when battling that I can't see it being an issue.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Oct 12 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Yeah. If I were to do a DJ battle, I think I would prefer to view the single and double stuff separately, anyway. But that might just be me.

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Oct 12 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #5

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

Got to keep 'em separated

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 12 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #6

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Schlagwerk @ Oct 12 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Got to keep 'em separated

Do the same for the view my scores page as well please! Even my privated doubles scores show up and get in the way both literally and also of figuring out my overall SP-only total EX and stuff.

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Oct 12 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #7

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

haha 100%'s say AAAA? how come i never noticed that

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 12 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #8

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Blue Rain @ Oct 12 2009, 02:47 PM) *
haha 100%'s say AAAA? how come i never noticed that

That's only if you have grademode set to 98