IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [VJA+PNN] Load Changes
rura
post Sep 4 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

Since Remy is making all these threads I feel like I need to make one about the changes I've made to VJA and PNN XML/sig generation.

These changes are not directly user visible, but they should hopefully improve server responsiveness during the generation periods. For reference, those times (US central) are 12:05am for PNN and 1:10am for VJA. The latter is very high load, but I've refactored the script (as well as all spawned processes) to run at the lowest priority so hopefully it will be more reliable during that time period in the weeks to come. Prior to tonight VJA updates occurred at 12:10am central, so if you remember experiencing problems in a 10-15 minute window around that time it was probably due to the update script.

Currently there is a load issue due to a full scale server backup so if you are seeing performance problems that is the likely culprit. I haven't decided when to regularly schedule these backups yet, but it will be late at night. The latest script changes allow for low priority backups and incrementals so again the service impact for VJA/PNN should be lessened.

Edit: I've rewritten a big chunk of the sig/XML script to drastically reduce CPU load and disk IO. Oh boy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 07:28 PM