Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FOXY Redux, Trauma Punk EX
~Amadeus~
post Dec 28 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Rising in the Sun

You're asking for it with that comment ....

Pic please.

*tick tick tick tick tick ....*

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 29 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #2

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

CBOO broke the tables sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Big Fat Lobster
post Dec 29 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Oh not to mention FOXY has the exact same score and combo number posted for Plastic Pop Hyper and Plastic Pop EX, scores posted 12 days apart.

That seems highly unlikely to me.

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 29 2004, 02:02 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

I will back them up on the Trauma Punk EX; it's really not that bad. I've never actually sat down and played it really intensely, but I wanted to try it with the faster HS4 at the arcade last night, and got like 3 bars from the pass, with around a 93K+ score.

But I find FOXY's whole fucking account to be REALLY questionable.

+Quote Post
qkumbr
post Dec 29 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Dead Horse

honestly, i'd expect at LEAST a 96k from him if he were to state that the song is "not that hard."

+Quote Post
Crono
post Dec 30 2004, 02:31 AM
Post #6

Evergreen

Trauma Punk is nowhere near as hard as people make it out to be. Clearing the song is hard, but getting at least 93k takes minimal effort at best. However, I think his entire count is exceptionally questionable, and he's not helping things by never posting here.

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 30 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #7

Dazzlin' Darlin

Where's Remy? It's been a lot more than two weeks since the initial challange was issued...

And yeah, I'd say Trauma Punk is the easiest 42, but I can get a 93K so you'd think if it were easy they'd be higher than CSTA is. Ban time tongue.gif.

---Oh fuck I passed it. Woo.

+Quote Post
kappaiidx
post Jan 3 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #8

Astral Voyage

I actually passed it just recently. I haven't updated my score because everytime I fucking do it I NEVER have my camera near me, I think my best is around 924xx. It isn't that hard at all, as long as you can constantly press the same two buttons at once consistently, you can pretty much clear the song, scoring is another thing, I think I have played the song... 50+ times. Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Forced laughing, forced smile
Feigned weeping, downright lie
0083 5581 9964 3668 - Wii Code

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Jan 3 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #9

Dazzlin' Darlin

It didn't take me too many tries, but the main problem for me is the ending. I mean, the notechart for that song isn't hard, but the fact that one bad will remove 1-2 bars from your gauge and it takes like 25 greats to raise it one bar is what makes it difficult. Still, FOXY needs to be looked into.. Remy?

+Quote Post
FoxxyIchibo
post Jan 4 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #10

Evergreen

First time I've checked the forums since I started posting scores. I really don't think this song is that hard, I almost passed it my first try and have passed it every try since. Its just repeated button mashing... I'll get a pic this weekend. That plastic pop thing seems pretty unlikely though, I'll look into it. I usually update scores by scrolling through the chart list about once a week and adding anything I see that is higher than what I posted. I was probably was looking at the Hyper screen, thought it was EX, saw my EX score was higher, and entered it in on accident. And yes, many of my EX scores are higher than my Hypers. <3

+Quote Post
FoxxyIchibo
post Jan 5 2005, 08:39 PM
Post #11

Evergreen

QUOTE(Big Fat Lobster @ Dec 29 2004, 11:20 AM)
Oh not to mention FOXY has the exact same score and combo number posted for Plastic Pop Hyper and Plastic Pop EX, scores posted 12 days apart.

That seems highly unlikely to me.

Mistake, apparently I've never even tried the Hyper.

QUOTE(catchyphraseowen)
But I find FOXY's whole fucking account to be REALLY questionable.

Thanks. Together you make the jesus for me and us. Whats so questionable about it?

QUOTE(catchyphraseowen)
And yeah, I'd say Trauma Punk is the easiest 42, but I can get a 93K so you'd think if it were easy they'd be higher than CSTA is. Ban time tongue.gif.

And your saying to ban me BECAUSE I SAY IT IS EASY. If I called it a Jew would that be better? My definition of easy has never been based on your score in a button mashing game, nor should I have to weigh my words based on CSTA's score. kthx<3

QUOTE(Crono)
However, I think his entire count is exceptionally questionable,

And what parts of my account do you find questionable? You and Owen could team up, and I could be a jolly fat Santa and check the list twice.

QUOTE(qkumbr)
honestly, i'd expect at LEAST a 96k from him if he were to state that the song is "not that hard."

Really? If I stated that it's "deliciously anal" should I get a score of AT LEAST 87k? How about if I call it mediocre? There's a lot of songs that are "not that hard" that I don't score high on. I don't see how you have any right to to set standards for me based on my choice of adjective.

And actually, it's so "not hard" that I 100k it. <3<3 I must be the Pop'nChrist

http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/FoxxyIchibo/?start=0

--------------------
I don't use a towel because I'm poor, sorry. :(~~

+Quote Post
MAIcrosoft
post Jan 6 2005, 03:29 AM
Post #12

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Foxy)

ok, i think its time for you to play trauma punk in front of a camera and film it, and let us download and watch it, i have the space to host if needed P: a 100k on a pic makes it questionable for me too. I do believe in ultra good players but i dont believe in miracles P: i cant hardly believe youre actually 100k'd Trauma Punk. And btw, what controller do you play on? could you take a pic of it if it isnt a ransai, da or a konamistyle controller (asc & normal)

*i think the pic is fake, the position of 100000 isnt as straight as the 093333 and the play counts stays on 8*

--------------------

+Quote Post
neotatsujin01
post Jan 6 2005, 04:24 AM
Post #13

Evergreen

QUOTE(MAIcrosoft @ Jan 6 2005, 01:29 AM)
QUOTE(Foxy)

ok, i think its time for you to play trauma punk in front of a camera and film it, and let us download and watch it,
*i think the pic is fake, the position of 100000

HAHAHAHAH oh my god! hes posted his scores, corrected them and then posted pictures up and now your asking for MORE! he has done everything you have asked for.

but the noob in me is rearing its ugly head....it would be nice for a video.....bc.....vid's are cool......and it is trauma punk man. i dont know anything about it but i remember everyone questioning my scores on ddr a while back in annother forum and then finding out (after all of the drama and posting vid's and pic's) that they just couldnt get it through their skulls only bc THEY couldnt pass it.

even when i posted the vid's they asked for more and tried to say that they where fake (im not smart enough to fake a vid (i cant even run irc)) ..so what you do from here is your call, im just warning you. not trying to start any fights.

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jan 6 2005, 05:18 AM
Post #14

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(MAIcrosoft @ Jan 6 2005, 02:29 AM)
QUOTE(Foxy)

ok, i think its time for you to play trauma punk in front of a camera and film it, and let us download and watch it, i have the space to host if needed P: a 100k on a pic makes it questionable for me too. I do believe in ultra good players but i dont believe in miracles P: i cant hardly believe youre actually 100k'd Trauma Punk. And btw, what controller do you play on? could you take a pic of it if it isnt a ransai, da or a konamistyle controller (asc & normal)
*i think the pic is fake, the position of 100000 isnt as straight as the 093333 and the play counts stays on 8*

calm down, it's an obvious fake. Besides the play count not changing, what would be the chances of him taking a picture of the records screen at the EXACT same angle as the previous pic? (unless he had a tripod or something)

It's probably not so wise to make joke pictures like that when your scores have come under fire tho...

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
MAIcrosoft
post Jan 6 2005, 05:37 AM
Post #15

Dazzlin' Darlin

its this line of words thats bothers me

"And actually, it's so "not hard" that I 100k it. <3<3 I must be the Pop'nChrist"

its so uncool to make up jokes/lies about your scores and your skills

--------------------

+Quote Post
FoxxyIchibo
post Jan 6 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #16

Evergreen

QUOTE(MAIcrosoft @ Jan 6 2005, 04:37 AM)
its this line of words thats bothers me

"And actually, it's so "not hard" that I 100k it. <3<3 I must be the Pop'nChrist"

its so uncool to make up jokes/lies about your scores and your skills

Well that fact that I've gotten so much crap about this song, which I still stand by as being 'not that hard', more than entitles me to make a joke about it. In fact, since several people are questioning my entire account I feel it entitles me to much more than this, so stay tuned. I hoped the picture would be so obviously fake that something like this wouldn't happen. I made it in Paint using 2 copy and pastes.

The fact that you thought I could possibly 100k it though does flatter me though. Considering I'm the only one I've ever seen play Pop'n I have no way of comparing myself. Thanks <3. I did see Random play one song when I was picking up my Ransai though... I beat one of his scores and he had to pull out his memory card ohmy.gif

As for what I play on, I had been using a homebuilt ASC up until a few weeks ago, which is pretty sexy if I say so myself (pics soon). I got a Ransai then and have been playing on that since.

I'll try and make a video this weekend. I'm not sure if my digital camera's video recording does sound though...

--------------------

+Quote Post
~Amadeus~
post Jan 6 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #17

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(BBH @ Jan 6 2005, 04:18 AM)
It's probably not so wise to make joke pictures like that when your scores have come under fire tho...

QUOTE(FoxxyIchibo @ Jan 6 2005, 02:27 PM)
I hoped the picture would be so obviously fake that something like this wouldn't happen.  I made it in Paint using 2 copy and pastes. 

BBH's right, I don't understand what you thought would happen by making a fake pic of a bs score. Honestly, it just gives me more reasons to think you're a liar and to not believe any pictures you provide in the future.

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image

+Quote Post
FoxxyIchibo
post Jan 6 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #18

Evergreen

QUOTE(~Amadeus~ @ Jan 6 2005, 07:20 PM)
Honestly, it just gives me more reasons to think you're a liar and to not believe any pictures you provide in the future.

Well, actually, I'm quite sure you'd find plenty of reasons on your own to think I'm a liar, regardless of any actions on my part.

Here's some free excuses for starters.

Accusation: On his photo-bucket account, several of the pictures have 2s after them. My GOD! He's edited those!
Solution: I had been letting Photobucket resize my 1MB pictures up until that point. My crappy .edu connection was dieing on me, so I used PSP to resize them and save bandwidth. I added a 2 after them so I could have the originals.

Accusation: He made a pic that looks pretty good using Paint! He could easily spend more time and make real-looking scores and LIE ON A INTERNET RANKING SITE TO GROW HIS EGO IN FRONT OF PEOPLE HE HAS NEVER MET.
Solution: Well, your right. I could. So could anyone else. This is not specific to me. However, I can't imagine why people would go through the trouble to lie on the internet.
Counter-Accusation: But people have do it all the time!
Better Solution: Well, then they are idiots, and sadly I haven't found a method of dealing with idiots yet. Sorry.

Accusation: He has such a suspicious account! He is just stealing another person's scores and pictures.
Solution: I still don't know what's so suspicious about it. I suppose I could dangle a piece of beef jerkey in front of all his pictures so you know I took them. Of course, you'd say I faked it anyway.

Feel free to add more.

QUOTE(~Amadeus~)
BBH's right, I don't understand what you thought would happen by making a fake pic of a bs score.

QUOTE(Weekly World News)
True intentions revealed!  A shocking tale of deceit and lies! 

I didn't expect anything to happen. I had hoped you would see my pictures, convince yourself that I'm not faking my scores, and use common-sense and know the 100k claim was untrue. Apparently I was wrong. Maybe I just got so bored walking to my car through the cold and snow, going back to my dorm room with a PS2 and batteries, then hooking up my PS2, taking the pictures with a camera that I haven't used since this summer (<3 Japan), signing up for a photobucket account, uploading the pictures with a shitty net connection (it completely died less than 2 hours after I posted) only to prove something to people I've never met. That, and I had time to kill while I was uploading the pictures. At first I wasn't even going to make it an animated gif and only post the 100k. Then I figured something like this would happen, so I didn't. Wasn't enough I guess.

Thanks though ~Amadeus~. This is the most active I've been on a message board in a long time.

QUOTE(neotatsujin01)
but the noob in me is rearing its ugly head....it would be nice for a video.....bc.....vid's are cool......and it is trauma punk man.

I suppose I could make a video of me scrolling through my score chart. If I made a video of me playing it there'd be no sound, bad angle, and low video quality. We'll see though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Jan 6 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #19

Dazzlin' Darlin

Kay then we'll fucking drop it when you get some NON-EDITED, normal lighting, full screen photos up of whatever was questioned. Specifically a RESULTS SCREEN, NOT YOUR RECORDS CHART picture of a clear on Trauma Punk EX. It might be unfair to define your statement as a 96K, but it is not unfair to define it as "I can clear this reliably". Pic of a results screen with a clear and a score in that range.

+Quote Post
kappaiidx
post Jan 7 2005, 08:39 AM
Post #20

Astral Voyage

WTF is the big deal?! He posted his pic and his real score, and made a joke out of it by having it flash back and forth between 100k and 93k. I think it is pretty funny, but I guess everyone is SO FUCKING SERIOUS that they can't even talk a joke anymore.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forced laughing, forced smile
Feigned weeping, downright lie
0083 5581 9964 3668 - Wii Code

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 02:04 PM