Himiko
post Oct 13 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up to let you know that the score trackers (iidx.solidstatesquad.com and popn.solidstatesquad.com) will be moving to a new server this weekend. Or rather, to this server (the one the forums are on). The site doesn't use a huge amount of traffic these days so I'm hoping that this humble VPS will be able to handle all three.

The score trackers will be down while the move is being carried out, though I'm aiming to carry it out in the early hours of Saturday morning (US time) so as not to impact too many people. In addition, you may not be able to access them via the usual domain names afterwards until the DNS change propagates all the way to your local ISP. As the forums should be unaffected by this change, I'll be posting instructions here on how to add some temporary entries to your HOSTS file until the DNS changes carry over, in case anyone is having issues accessing the site afterwards.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Oct 16 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #2

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

We've completed the move. If you are currently unable to access either the IIDX or Pop'n tracker then that means the DNS change hasn't reached you yet and the domain name is still pointing to the old server for you - you can either just wait (it should resolve itself soon) or if you're really impatient, edit your hosts file (it's generally at "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" on PCs running newer versions of Windows) and add the following lines:

67.222.8.159 iidx.solidstatesquad.com
67.222.8.159 popn.solidstatesquad.com

That should allow you to access the site until the DNS change reaches you properly.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything important while migrating everything over, but if there are any issues with things that suddenly aren't working then please let me know!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 06:56 PM