IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SSSSFxTSFxT, Solid State Squad Street Fighter x Tekken Super Fighting xtreme Thread
BBH
post Sep 18 2011, 12:08 AM
Post #1

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

Pandora aka BLACKFACE MODE

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBH
post Oct 21 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #2

DJ Battle This User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fEklmZJb3U

that's a good example of how busted A1 is

I don't know about you guys but I'm hella hype for people spending forever on the character select screen picking their gems!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Oct 23 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #3

DJ Battle This User

The funny thing about that picture is that most mirror matches are retarded to play but Ryu mirrors tend to actually be pretty interesting... at least in something like ST anyway, SF4 is dumb obviously

Still baffled as to what the throw escape thing is about though. They should just get rid of crouch tech if throw techs are such a problem but that has nothing to do with gems sooooo I dunno

And the other funny thing about all this is that although the gem system will lead to a lot of experimentation early on, you know that down the line there's going to be one universally agreed upon "best" gem combination for that character that everyone will use unless they're running some dumb gimmick. Of course that's just assuming the game has any sort of lifespan in the first place lmfao

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Feb 28 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #4

DJ Battle This User

fighting games are super cool

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 5 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #5

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Mar 3 2012, 11:47 PM) *
BBH I liked watching you fight on teamkhaos stream. Thoughts on the game?

lol my day 1 Julia was pretty bad, I didn't know all her target combos because I didn't have a chance to go into training mode... was just doing basic shit and was letting Bison do most of the work. Thanks to a local game store for breaking street date and graciously coming to our tournament to sell us copies!

Anyway, the problem I think I'm always going to have with this game is the timeouts. Maybe it'll get better when people learn more damaging combos but I think runaway lameness is going to be pretty prevalent in the end and just going for time over victories. Then again, maybe more powerful gEmS will make rounds shorter too.

But other than that, I think the game is.... somewhat fun????? I think a lot of the Tekken characters look pretty interesting but you definitely gotta spend some time getting familiar with them, since for all intents and purposes they're entirely new characters in an engine like this with new normal moves to get used to, and they pretty much all have unique target combos to learn, some having hits that act as overheads... it's a lot of new stuff to mess around with, and right now it's certainly a lot more fun than SF4 (not that that's a hard thing to do). We'll see how long that lasts!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 8 2012, 02:34 AM
Post #6

DJ Battle This User

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 9 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #7

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Mar 8 2012, 09:31 PM) *
Julia looks to be fun, from WNF/BigTwo streams last night, but we'll see.

Julia ownssssss

I'm not so sure about Bison in this game. Like, I don't know what he's supposed to do against anyone that can block low and has a good anti-air. Throws are bad, he has no overhead, he can't do much off of chains unless he's charged for an EX (thank god far standing fierce is bufferable now). Light scissor kick is -2 now which sucks for rushdown, dash canceling charged scissor kick doesn't feel natural at all. Plus he doesn't really get too much damage off juggles coming in from a tag. All this and they somehow made headstomp a million times worse than it is in SF4, IT NEVER CONNECTS EVER. At least being able to juggle off Devil's Reverse is neat... I guess. Oh close standing MK is cool now that it's like +6 on hit.

Lili's a lot of fun though. I might end up dumping Bison for her. Team Tekken Skirts~

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 13 2012, 06:40 AM
Post #8

DJ Battle This User

We gotta set up an SSS lobby sometime. Get some 2v2 action going

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 17 2012, 07:17 AM
Post #9

DJ Battle This User

why are they waiting til April 3rd for some fucking free DLC color packs. For that reason, why lock out all these basic colors in the first place. I'm sick of seeing these all-black Ryu's online, all I want to do is make a pretty pink Julia

CAPCOOOOOOOOOM

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Mar 31 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #10

DJ Battle This User

2v2 format pisses me off because I stumbled upon such an amazing day 1 team and now I don't get to use it. Oh well, ok then... WTB: Bison or Julia teammate to help me see my dream to fruition

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jun 1 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #11

DJ Battle This User

Northwest Majors this weekend! Nobody gives a shit any more about SFxT but sadly it's my best chance of finishing in the money in anything. Well there's KOF XIII too. And the $40 high roller mystery game tournament lolol. And of course a qualifier for the Super Turbo Tournament of Legends event happening at EVO. I'm excited!

http://northwestmajors.com/live-stream

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jun 7 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #12

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (DDRaHolic @ Jun 6 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Good job to BBH at the Northwest Majors, if he still checks this board, I saw you on the stream! You didn't look like I expected, but nobody on the internet ever does.happy.gif

I don't know if I should ask what you expected me to look like, but thanks! SFxT was literally the only bright spot of my performance there, and even then I played really bad on finals day. Nerves and lack of sleep, I guess? I'm really sad I didn't make top 8 in KOF XIII, my pool was kinda tough as I had to play Air 2nd game and then DanielT in losers finals, they ended up getting 3rd and 5th place. As for Super Turbo... I had to play that STP guy very first game and lost (and he went on to win the whole thing), and then got eliminated by Dave Finnie pretty early on in the losers bracket, and he ended up getting... 4th I think? Really disappointing, but I didn't like the buttons on the 2P side of the cabinet we had to play the tournament on...

I got to do commentary for all of KOF top 8 and I was really worried about it not being good, but people seemed to like it!

And then there was the mystery game tournament............ fucking Nidhogg............

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 09:36 PM