Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ASC maintenance and bms Q
1st Samurai
post Jan 4 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

So I may as well get another post in seeing as I went to the trouble of digging out my password. Can anyone help with any of the following?:

ASC maintenance - any hard and fast do's and don't's for maintenance? Best cleaning stuffs etc? Anyone here ever had any rust problems on the casing screws? Seems my sweaty right hand has been resting a little too much on the bottom right corner all these years.

BMS - can anyone link a lazy man to some nice 11* and not-batshit-mental 12* bms (cs scale)?.. and any decent scratch heavy stuff (incl. red - can't find that at all)? Trying to get decent at scratching but shit's difficult.

Thanks guys, here's to another year of lurking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BLUST OF WIND
post Jan 8 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #2

The Shadow

you ever think of going to sherlok's bms page for all the official charts?

--------------------
<Eijiken> Beggars can't exactly be choosers you know.
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> Beggers can be niggers though
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> :>

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Jan 9 2012, 06:17 AM
Post #3

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Yeah found that just the other day, thanks for the head's up though. Working through sirius at the moment - hold notes can be more cuntish than I thought.

I guess this thread can be put to bed now unless there's anything drastic I need to know for asc maintenance?

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Jan 9 2012, 06:29 AM
Post #4

The Shadow

dunno what controller you have but on my res the metal area surrounding the cord where it exits the controller is sharp and can strip the outer layer of the wire over long periods of time especially if you move your controller around

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Jan 9 2012, 06:45 AM
Post #5

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Cheers for the warning - I move my controller around quite a bit at the moment as I moved house recently and don't really have a permanent set up for the time being. Haven't noticed any damage (FP7) but I'm often oblivious to things like this so I'll have a gander. My main concern at the moment is the rust I'm getting on some of the screws and the 2 years worth of gunk and dead skin that's accumulated around the TT. Will probably just have to bite the bullet and disassemble / clean the thing at some point.

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Jan 20 2012, 08:52 AM
Post #6

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

So yeah my select button stopped working a few days ago (light still works), but last night my 'up' TT stopped as well. It started working again halfway through the next song but still, not good, and I imagine it's a sign that the sensor's on its way out.

So I guess I contact dao and try to blag a free replacement, yeah?

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Jan 25 2012, 06:03 AM
Post #7

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Things took a dire turn yesterday: all the keys on my fp7 (save for select) work fine when pushed individually, but certain chords don't register, mainly things 4 keys or more... kinda like when playing on a shit keyboard. If I press all 7 keys together no lanes flare up. This is really irking me at the moment as it makes things unplayable; anyone had an issue with this before? I'm assuming it's pcb related if each key works individually? I've got a spare board lying around so I'm not too pissed, but I'd rather know if that's definitely the cause before swapping it in.

I'm going to open her up tonight anyway and check everything's tight as can be, but if anyone has any info in the meantime please holla this way. I fucking hate playing koc.

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Jan 28 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #8

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Well I've cracked on, opened her up, and it seems things have only got more complicated. Keys are still knackered IF the usb is plugged in; unplug the usb and keys are fine and dandy but tt stops altogether. This is turning into a real ballsack because now I don't even know which part is the dud... pcb must be fine if the keys work without the usb, right?

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Feb 6 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #9

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Fixed. It the was the pcb, if anyone wanted to know.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 10:29 AM