Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IIDX Controller Mod, Since people asked
bemani-man
post Jan 10 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #21

Evergreen

My button mod made my Key 5 a little odd but then I found out I was whacking the very frong of the key, doing nothing. However, I think I messed up the slipmat mod in my turntable. It seems like I put the items in backwards. I recall it should go blue tray - slipmat - plastic donut - the other slipmat - the other plastic donut - turntable top and then you screw it all back together. I think I did blue tray - plastic donut - slipmat - the other plastic donut - the other slipmat - turntable top. Will this make a difference or should I turn it back around? I'm scared to try play IIDX now that I think I did it wrong dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jan 12 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #22

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

You should just open it up if it's not an ASC. I put in an extra sheet so it's sheet-plastic-sheet-plastic-sheet-plastic-sheet; yes the ASC has 3 plastic rings and not 2 (as well as 2 skinnier rings on the outer edge) but it's just extra slippery (I don't want to open it up again, there's so many screws) but it works fine.

+Quote Post
ZETA SHINTANi
post May 22 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #23

Dazzlin' Darlin

This isn't actually a mod but, it semi is so, I post here anyway.

Well after playing IIDX for some time my buttons had scratches on them. They kinda looked ugly, so I decided to write on it. After playing with writing on it, the ink from the marker began to run, so I used some nail polish remover to take off the ink. Not only did the ink come off, but so did a layer of the buttons came off. Instead of looking all shiny, my buttons now look like wood. Even weirder is that combined with the cardboard mod, my buttons don't stick at all anymore.

Weird find blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post May 23 2005, 09:34 AM
Post #24

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

You could be onto something there. Use nail polish to remove the paint from your keys. Because without paint, maybe they won't stick as much? Or maybe the key won't 'hold' onto dirt? It isn't quite reverseable, but it is reverseable in a way.

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post May 23 2005, 10:28 AM
Post #25

too busy for IIDX

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ May 23 2005, 10:34 AM)
You could be onto something there. Use nail polish to remove the paint from your keys. Because without paint, maybe they won't stick as much? Or maybe the key won't 'hold' onto dirt? It isn't quite reverseable, but it is reverseable in a way.

I don't think the keys are painted... I think they have plastic on them.

+Quote Post
sanchny
post May 23 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #26

The Shadow

QUOTE(ZETA SHINTANi @ May 23 2005, 12:50 AM)
This isn't actually a mod but, it semi is so, I post here anyway.

Well after playing IIDX for some time my buttons had scratches on them. They kinda looked ugly, so I decided to write on it. After playing with writing on it, the ink from the marker began to run, so I used some nail polish remover to take off the ink. Not only did the ink come off, but so did a layer of the buttons came off. Instead of looking all shiny, my buttons now look like wood. Even weirder is that combined with the cardboard mod, my buttons don't stick at all anymore.

Weird find  blink.gif

Can you take a pic? I'd like to see that.

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post May 23 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #27

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Wait, plastic *on* them? I thought the keys in the KOC were solid, molded, pieces of plastic? So you're saying that they're not painted, and that the plastic is always that color?

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
ZETA SHINTANi
post May 23 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #28

Dazzlin' Darlin

When I said layer I meant the shiny top of the key. It seemed to come off when I rubbed it with the nail polish remover, so now it's just smooth and . . . not shiny. Feels more like wood now. I'll see if I can take a pic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZETA SHINTANi
post Jun 18 2005, 04:41 PM
Post #29

Dazzlin' Darlin

What's the magnet mod? I've seen some people talking about it around here but no one ever explains what it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jun 23 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #30

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Magnet... no. That sounds like it could be nothing but trouble.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Jun 25 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #31

Tranoid

It's the same as the cardboard circles mod, but with a refridgerator magnet. tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jun 25 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #32

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Oh and in othernews, there's no guarantee of the ASC not sticking. I'm going to have to perform an operation on it sometime before I play again.

+Quote Post
ZETA SHINTANi
post Jun 26 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #33

Dazzlin' Darlin

EDIT: Never mind I was being stupid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mind the gap
post Sep 19 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #34

Moes Before Bros

I posted this on the Cobalt Flux forums so I'll just copy and paste it in here:

A few weeks ago I cleaned the keys and stuff, put new cardboard in etc., and after like 2 weeks key 4 starts sticking. I opened it up, cleaned it out and put everthing back together again, and it was all fine and dandy. A week passes and the 5 key (the key my thumb hits) starts feeling weird... it doesn't start sticking but it becomes stiffer and jackhammers become difficult. I clean out just that key and everything is fine. That was yesterday. Now key 4 stuck on me twice whille playing Charlotte another, but it hasn't done it again so I'm kind of puzzled. How long does the controller work for you guys before you have to clean it out and "unstick" the keys again? My friend said that he's only had to do it three times over the course of one year and he plays stuff like Photongenic Another and One or Eight 7K, so I'm pretty sure I'm not slamming it too hard. Yeah I play like 3 hours a day but still it shouldn't happen this quickly.

Also, I really hate opening up my controller and I suck with anything electronic, my hands are really shaky so I easily screw stuff up. I hate sticky keys with a passion though, and I'm thinking about shaving the keys. If done correctly does it really eliminate sticky keys for good? If so I'll be so happy, 'cause if my controller keeps doing this I'd be willing to buy a Desktop ASC or Ransai if that puts an end to sticky keys.

--------------------
(01:39:20 AM) threeof2side222: the internet is my nerv hospital room
(01:39:23 AM) threeof2side222: and i'm so fucked up

+Quote Post
ZETA SHINTANi
post Sep 20 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #35

Dazzlin' Darlin

I don't think shaving your controller helps much, if at all. My KOC before it turned into an ASC was fully modded with the cardboard and was shaved badly, but to no avail. It would stick everyday no matter how much I cleaned it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 20 2005, 02:12 AM
Post #36

I♥prat fall

however, for me, befor my controller circuit board broke, I shaved my keys and they never stuck again. Granted, I had to reshave them a few times to get them all away from sticking to the black plastic border, but I went for about half a year straight without a single key sticking before I wore the sensor out.

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
Jimbo22291
post Sep 20 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #37

Tranoid

i think im gonna have to mod my controller today, that should be fun

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZETA SHINTANi
post Sep 20 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #38

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Jadin @ Sep 20 2005, 03:12 AM) *
however, for me, befor my controller circuit board broke, I shaved my keys and they never stuck again. Granted, I had to reshave them a few times to get them all away from sticking to the black plastic border, but I went for about half a year straight without a single key sticking before I wore the sensor out.

How hard do you press blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 20 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #39

I♥prat fall

honestly?
I slam the keys like a madman =(
broke two KOC's =/ which is why I'm making my own controller now heh. I can't afford to keep breaking these little plastic pieces of crap =/
I play IIDX like I used to play DDR
on DDR I picked up a habit of slamming my feet down on the arrows; It really helped with my timing.
Same for IIDX. Especially learning to use my right thumb better (I started out playing thumbless, so now my thumb is kinda weak compared to my other fingers), if I'm playing something like e-motion 2003 (non-random), then the only way I can hit the notes ACCURATELY is if I put some muscle into it, so I can feel like I'm emphasizing every single 16th note. Plus, it builds muscle strength so I can pass stupid stuff later on that's on 10th and 11th style as they come out. AND it's more fun than being a sissy and pressing the keys lightly.
=D

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
Jimbo22291
post Sep 20 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #40

Tranoid

so i was bored and decided to mod the keys to my controller (didnt really need to bother with the turntable)

im really happy with how it turned out! no more stickiness =)

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2018 - 01:36 AM