> The third or so 10dan wall before (having a chance at) kaiden, 12sssssssss
Fungi
post Nov 25 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #61

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

pretty sure some rankers have said that it's physically impossible
and yes microswitch presses is comparable to turntable, definitely
It might be possible on the Mario Factory cabinet with the custom gear inside that makes it register on shorter strokes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Nov 25 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #62

they keep referring to me as that

i suck too much to HC mei/himiko/3y3s/shakunetsu but shakunetsu has 667 scratches, which is basically 667 prime opportunities for the bad glitch. i'm guessing that's why it's so retardedly hard to pass
krazy, you're smart to practice the chart on BMS or whatever since scratching is largely muscle memory, but a jkoc and a parallel port arent the same thing as an AC TT. judged from my experiences at AI, i know i'll never pass shakunetsu there as long as the turntable is in the condition it's in. thing is too heavy to spin fast enough for shit like setsugekka's ending. red by fmj and the middle of watch out are fucking humiliating. hopefully most turntables arent as abysmal as arcade infinity's, but that thing is so horrible that i dont even care about playing watch out 2/shakunetsu/reunion even

just my 2cents/pointless bitching because socal can't have nice things

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Nov 25 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #63

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Fungi @ Nov 25 2010, 06:37 PM) *
and yes microswitch presses is comparable to turntable, definitely

I wasn't saying that they were, just that Mei's jacks seem impossible but aren't.

Agreed oni that the AC TT is much harder (especially ones that are in poor condition) but I have heard that the new arcade TTs are very nice, but I've never actually used one. It's definitely true that turntable weight has a lot to do with it, since my Dao ASC has AC distance but it's so light that scratching is very easy. I thought the new empress turntables included a lighter turntable but maybe not.

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Nov 25 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #64

it's funny

i never realized how bad AI's turntable is until i saw that video of kors k playing watch out 2 [h]

"hey wtf i've never seen the disc spin that fast"

btw if shakunetsu were on CS i'd probably HC it before most of the other shit i havent HCed yet (kamaitachi,time to air, vanessa, icarus, mei, himiko, 3y3s,and of course mendeus) because i'm already used to one-handed play thanks to 14k. that's probably why you find it relatively easy krazy, as you're even better at 14k than i am

then again i hard failed brainstorm today so shakunetsu would probably own my ass the first hundred plays.oh well that's why the game remains fun

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Nov 25 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #65

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

anecdote from 2ch: some kaiden guy with everything hard cleared got 30 misses on shakunetsu BMS and then went to AC, got 120+ misses, and went home with a sore arm

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Nov 26 2010, 05:15 AM
Post #66

Tranoid

QUOTE (over there @ Nov 25 2010, 03:39 PM) *
lmao ok first of all FAXX is probably one of the easiest 12s to consistently HC in the game.

Second, I've only played at one place out of like 12 that has a good turntable, and it's on an LCD so it's not worth playing on/taking an hour to adjust to. Also I don't care enough to learn RED or WOpt2 (forget shakunetsu) until I've hard cleared some more difficult stuff. I only have a mid-range A on those two and that's pretty much a huge indicator I'm not gonna HC it soon since they don't have slowdowns or speedups or anything like that to ruin my score. Nice TTs are hard to find and it's a lost cause when I don't know the chart and have no way of practicing it besides throwing money at free mode and missing the 2 other songs I get from standard.

Do you play using Paseli? If so then you can practice using Premium Free mode. Some of the arcades I play at have Premium Free mode at half price, so you can play 6min for 145P, 8min for 175P or 10min for 204P. It's nice when you're trying to hard clear stuff. (at regular price, double that I listed, it's maybe not worth it, heh)

--------------------
My Pop'n List

President of the SuPa |L�| Fanclub! Oh, YEAH!!!1
QUOTE (Amadeus)
U JUST GOT SHUNZZIED BIZOTCH! :O

+Quote Post
over there
post Nov 26 2010, 05:55 AM
Post #67

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Smbu @ Nov 26 2010, 06:15 AM) *
Do you play using Paseli? If so then you can practice using Premium Free mode. Some of the arcades I play at have Premium Free mode at half price, so you can play 6min for 145P, 8min for 175P or 10min for 204P. It's nice when you're trying to hard clear stuff. (at regular price, double that I listed, it's maybe not worth it, heh)

No, I don't have a bank account and I don't really think paseli is worth it for what you get, besides obvious stuff like trying for 3y3s HC. If I lived in Okinawa where there are 15 and 30 minute settings for 104P and runds cost 50 yen I'd be all over it though lol.

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Nov 26 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #68

Tranoid

QUOTE (over there @ Nov 26 2010, 06:55 AM) *
No, I don't have a bank account and I don't really think paseli is worth it for what you get, besides obvious stuff like trying for 3y3s HC. If I lived in Okinawa where there are 15 and 30 minute settings for 104P and runds cost 50 yen I'd be all over it though lol.

You don't need a bank account to use Paseli. You can buy "BitCash" from the convenience store and use the code you get to "charge" your Paseli from the e-amusement website. You get a code in hiragana and just input it. I just started using Paseli this week, Pop'n doesn't use it yet (19AC will have it) and I just started actively playing iidx again this week, so I had no reason to use it before now.

Wow, those are some really nice specials! I know there was a 50 yen machine near me before when I played Empress AC (tiny arcade and no bass, though the CRT was nice), but I haven't checked to see if they still have it.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

President of the SuPa |L�| Fanclub! Oh, YEAH!!!1
QUOTE (Amadeus)
U JUST GOT SHUNZZIED BIZOTCH! :O

+Quote Post
over there
post Nov 26 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #69

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Smbu @ Nov 26 2010, 10:09 AM) *
You don't need a bank account to use Paseli. You can buy "BitCash" from the convenience store and use the code you get to "charge" your Paseli from the e-amusement website. You get a code in hiragana and just input it. I just started using Paseli this week, Pop'n doesn't use it yet (19AC will have it) and I just started actively playing iidx again this week, so I had no reason to use it before now.

Wow, those are some really nice specials! I know there was a 50 yen machine near me before when I played Empress AC (tiny arcade and no bass, though the CRT was nice), but I haven't checked to see if they still have it.

I know you can buy it from the store but it's just not worth it until I get to the point were 3y3s is one of the last things on my list of stuff to HC. Also I've never been to Okinawa but I've heard people on 2ch talking about prices at different arcades.

+Quote Post
over there
post Nov 29 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #70

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Ok so if anyone has BMSs for the new 12s I'd appreciate it :> Kinda need the scratch ones the most but anything is appreciated.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Dec 24 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #71

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

oh baby I am now done with POWER B (lol hades lol rage)
I actually comboed that measure from hell on reunion on one of my non-winning runs and it blew my mind.

I really feel the wall again, with fluke "hard clear" miss counts on great mendes and sasoribi randoms
quell blows my mind as does nageki

which probably means time to just jam again cool.gif

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jan 6 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #72

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Turning this into Fungi's (and maybe otaku's) road to AC kaiden

I got to THAT RUN on Himiko in poor condition (80+ misses on bad maniacs), but that doesn't mean anything before the mighty slowdown of Mei. I need to train more Session 9 before I can comfortably (although desperately) get through that part.

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Jan 6 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #73

FUNGI i noticed THAT RUN was way easier when i was LOOKING UP at the notes, like you said to do. i got to the slowdown with 30% gauge in emp cs kaiden,then the slowdown killed me (if i had been playing on AC the slowdown would've been easy but then the scratches in every other part of the song would rape me also nageki sucks)

But yeah. LOOK UP

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jan 6 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #74

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Yeah, I dunno what's been up with me lately but I can't step into the groove. I'll get to mei chan soon enough, when I'm back in shape and in better condition (IIDX is a sport)

I used to fail nageki's super stairs but this time I was able to press random stuff and get past without much problem. I almost failed at the end though biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
over there
post Jan 8 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #75

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

So for Mei speedup practice:
Work on MUSIC TO YOUR HEAD [a] and LEADING CYBER [a] for -->150 jacks
sran G2, smile, and other fast 11s and 12s to work on 170-->200 jacks

Good luck, I'm still working on getting past Himiko :<

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Jan 8 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #76

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

I'm thinking session9 and just faster songs (candies, cookie, etc) in general will help with himiko (and base skill), but mei is just another beast

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 07:54 PM