3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> that wall i just can't seem to get over, i'm getting over it
OnePhraseBlues
post Nov 17 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

so here's a little vignette for people that need to kill 5 minutes or so reading a wall of text. if it's tl;dr then just skip to the bottom.

I started playing this game right around when 7th CS came out. I was a dumb teenager with no money so I started playing on dualshock (if anyone remembers, KOCs were not available for sale anyway during this time). I actually got to beating 7s and I cleared master's mode on light7. That's when the game actually began for me. I got an invite for a VJA account (back then it was invite only to keep out cheaters) and started keeping scores. When 8th style was announced, they also finally re-released KOCs for sale on play asia. I bought one immediately and had no problems adjusting. In fact, I was already better than I was at dualshock within one hour of playing. I was still learning the game when 8th came out but it didn't take long before passing flashing 7s was no problem for me. When 9th came out, i played the game for 14 hours straight and easily cleared the only three 12s in that game (V, moon_child, one or eight). When 10th came out, i once again easily cleared many of the new 12s (hype the core, setsugekka, innocent walls). Of course i couldn't clear one more lovely but i scored low-mid A on it which was really good at that time. Then RED came out. And for the first time, ALL of the 12s gave me problems. But the song that probably kicked my ass the most was AA [a]. I didn't know why but i just could not do it. It was unlike anything i've ever seen before in IIDX.

Today I've done just about everything i can do in this game. AAA 10s, AA 11s, and clear most 12s. But now I'm going to do something I've never been able to do. Something many people on this site did before me and have just skyrocketed above and beyond my skill level. I'm going to clear AA [a]!

And here's how I'm gonna do it.

I figure since I can pass a ton of 12s that people would consider harder than AA (sketchbook, oratio, scream squad on arcade, candy galy), I should be at the skill level necessary to clear that shit. So what I'm going to do is play it 10 times a day, everyday until i can clear it 5 out of 10 times. Yes i will be using random, but only 8 times. The last two times will be played on mirror, and normal.

If you do the math my playcounts for it will be as follows:

1 day = 10
1 week = 70 (that's already a lot of plays)
1 month = 300
1 year = 3650 (hopefully i'll be able to consistently clear AA [a] after 3000+ plays)

I'll post pics every so often to show how many playcounts and how many times i've cleared it as time goes on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
over there
post Nov 17 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #2

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (OnePhraseBlues @ Nov 17 2009, 02:03 PM) *
so here's a little vignette for people that need to kill 5 minutes or so reading a wall of text. if it's tl;dr then just skip to the bottom.

I started playing this game right around when 7th CS came out. I was a dumb teenager with no money so I started playing on dualshock (if anyone remembers, KOCs were not available for sale anyway during this time). I actually got to beating 7s and I cleared master's mode on light7. That's when the game actually began for me. I got an invite for a VJA account (back then it was invite only to keep out cheaters) and started keeping scores. When 8th style was announced, they also finally re-released KOCs for sale on play asia. I bought one immediately and had no problems adjusting. In fact, I was already better than I was at dualshock within one hour of playing. I was still learning the game when 8th came out but it didn't take long before passing flashing 7s was no problem for me. When 9th came out, i played the game for 14 hours straight and easily cleared the only three 12s in that game (V, moon_child, one or eight). When 10th came out, i once again easily cleared many of the new 12s (hype the core, setsugekka, innocent walls). Of course i couldn't clear one more lovely but i scored low-mid A on it which was really good at that time. Then RED came out. And for the first time, ALL of the 12s gave me problems. But the song that probably kicked my ass the most was AA [a]. I didn't know why but i just could not do it. It was unlike anything i've ever seen before in IIDX.

Today I've done just about everything i can do in this game. AAA 10s, AA 11s, and clear most 12s. But now I'm going to do something I've never been able to do. Something many people on this site did before me and have just skyrocketed above and beyond my skill level. I'm going to clear AA [a]!

And here's how I'm gonna do it.

I figure since I can pass a ton of 12s that people would consider harder than AA (sketchbook, oratio, scream squad on arcade, candy galy), I should be at the skill level necessary to clear that shit. So what I'm going to do is play it 10 times a day, everyday until i can clear it 5 out of 10 times. Yes i will be using random, but only 8 times. The last two times will be played on mirror, and normal.

If you do the math my playcounts for it will be as follows:

1 day = 10
1 week = 70 (that's already a lot of plays)
1 month = 300
1 year = 3650 (hopefully i'll be able to consistently clear AA [a] after 3000+ plays)

I'll post pics every so often to show how many playcounts and how many times i've cleared it as time goes on.

Good luck man smile.gif If you ever need someone to play against and try to beat (even if I have to turn on s-rand or something ;P), you know I live sorta closeby and I'm always up for IIDX with people. Didn't know you were still playing, I thought you quit!

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Nov 17 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #3

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

So basically in line with schala's MEIQUEST 'cept you're playing AA 10x times a day instead of mei 5x times a day.

Good luck. Stick with the program and please report any side-effects of my-ears-are-bleeding-AA syndrome for future reference...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Nov 17 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

From: Darkness Beyond Time (And I'm the Dog, or Bitch, Schala)

I got an invite for a VJA account (back then it was invite only to keep out cheaters)

VGTA had a pretty low user ID on old vja

then again in ~2005 he had no reason to make up scores because of ego problems so

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

"maya talks like someone perpetually participating in internet cat fights" -viv

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"well, yes, and ofc she is an intolerant narcissist girl lol" -jeanclaude

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"krystal with a relaly tiny pecker is probably peak sexiness anyway" -grass

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

"nah, it's cool. you seem fine. especially for a person" -ancientscapes

"tfw biggest internet tough girl is a sub" -Based Audity

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Nov 17 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #5

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (OnePhraseBlues @ Nov 17 2009, 11:03 AM) *
I figure since I can pass a ton of 12s that people would consider harder than AA (oratio, scream squad on arcade,)

Lol

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
OnePhraseBlues
post Nov 18 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #6

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Junglist King @ Nov 17 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Lol

if you wanna laugh at my conception of difficulty, then make a tier list for every 12 in the game ever. then i will abide by it and not second guess you again

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Nov 19 2009, 07:36 AM
Post #7

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Hard clear or normal clear? Also, I hope you're not going to do just AA because you might develop some bad mental block.

+Quote Post
Cole
post Nov 19 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Fungi @ Nov 19 2009, 05:36 AM) *
you might develop some bad mental block.

Sounds like he already has a mental block...

+Quote Post
adammm
post Nov 26 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #9

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (OnePhraseBlues @ Nov 18 2009, 12:53 PM) *
if you wanna laugh at my conception of difficulty, then make a tier list for every 12 in the game ever. then i will abide by it and not second guess you again

I think it's the fact that you stated "people" not "me." Still oratio is piss easy imho Scream Squad is a little tough and definitely Candy Galy is easier than AA (to me). Nevertheless I don't see how you're having so much trouble with it still if you passed all these 12s when the styles came out... I never passed a 12 till Gold AC and I started back in 9th (took lots of breaks). Quit around the end of 2007 took the longest break started again on May 25th this year and could barely pass 8s. 6 months later I can get around AAA -130s on AA with a fun random.

You just gotta whore it man, whore it over and over on random. Don't play 10 times a day, play that shit in free mode for 8 hours straight every day (take like a 15 minute or so break every hour and do warmups), it may drive you crazy but I guarantee if you can already pass a couple 12s--sounds like more than a couple--then you will pass it CONSISTENTLY (one of those songs that just "clicks") and get the A, for sure in less than a week. Good luck.

This post has been edited by adammm: Nov 26 2009, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Nov 26 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #10

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Scream Squad is the easiest 12

--------------------

+Quote Post
darq
post Nov 26 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #11

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

to be honest it took me about 400 plays or so to AAA that song...i'd be interested to see how you do playing 10 times day :S

--------------------

+Quote Post
adammm
post Nov 26 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #12

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Nov 26 2009, 06:18 PM) *
Scream Squad is the easiest 12

Have to respectfully disagree. Ristaccia and Laser Cruster are cakewalks comparatively. Kagonotori also which used
to be an 11.

Edit: but this is basically just my opinion... let's not compare difficulties for the next
10 pages

This post has been edited by adammm: Nov 26 2009, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
BiosageX
post Nov 26 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #13

DJ Battle This User

oh shit, metro area all up in this thread. Sup guys ohmy.gif

But i feel your pain man, i'm at a lower level then OPB (9*s on a turntable) but the only advice i can offer is to just keep playing as normal. Play the difficult songs to you a little more then usual, but just go about business as usual. keep working at it and I can only assume that it will come with time. If it is a particular measure or two (ish) take it into practice mode and pound it into the ground.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Nov 26 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #14

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (adammm @ Nov 26 2009, 08:37 PM) *
Have to respectfully disagree. Ristaccia and Laser Cruster are cakewalks comparatively. Kagonotori also which used
to be an 11.

I've hard cleared Scream Squad and I am nowhere near clearing any of those.

I'd say one or eight [a] is second easiest because I can normal clear it consistently but not hard clear it. I don't think I can clear any other 12s consistently.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Miss Pris...
post Nov 27 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #15

Tranoid

QUOTE (adammm @ Nov 26 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Still oratio is piss easy

hahahahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post
adammm
post Nov 27 2009, 02:15 AM
Post #16

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Nov 26 2009, 11:26 PM) *
I've hard cleared Scream Squad and I am nowhere near clearing any of those.

I'd say one or eight [a] is second easiest because I can normal clear it consistently but not hard clear it. I don't think I can clear any other 12s consistently.

try v.gif bro

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Nov 28 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #17

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

V's not easy, that 7 4+5 7 4+5 stuff at the end and the last measure can be a little hard
one or eight is pretty hard
vox up and A are pretty easy 12s
why is this discussion even happening in this thread

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Nov 28 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #18

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Fungi @ Nov 28 2009, 04:27 AM) *
one or eight is pretty hard
vox up and A are pretty easy 12s

what the fuck

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Nov 28 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #19

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

either a hilarious joke or an implication that VOX UP 7k should be a(n easy) 12

I still don't get why everybody makes a big deal about the ending, if you can time anything else in the song, it's exactly the same

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Nov 28 2009, 02:26 PM
Post #20

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Sorry I haven't played one or eight in a while and I only have bad memories of failing that song for several styles :<
I dunno, I do find vox up one of the easier 12s to normal clear, at least on nonran (that's what counts, right?)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2018 - 11:48 PM