itsgreylolol
post Feb 4 2009, 01:19 AM
Post #21

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

^5

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jiano
post Feb 4 2009, 01:24 AM
Post #22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FL_Vq4-t3M

here is an official DJ SCHALA's IIDX Tip for One-handed Play:

Use all five fingers

+Quote Post
loluralimey
post Feb 4 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #23

Tranoid

Jam Harder.

+Quote Post
HAPPY☆ANGEL
post Feb 4 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #24

epic poster

Use the hand that's not on the keys, to scratch!

--------------------
what is my problem with man, you ask?

no.

i ask you, what was man's problem with

+Quote Post
waffles
post Feb 4 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #25

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (The Wise Fool @ Feb 4 2009, 02:03 AM) *
hahahahaha when I realized those were links I was like "oh"

the lefty thing was kind of a joke anyway

EDIT okay so I had forgotten that it was Trip Machina that wrote the "how to masturbate" guide. Everything makes more sense (2007) now and I hope to be more responsible about the application of silly inside jokes reutf8g to beat mania II DX in the future bye

I just had to try to point out for hilarity purposes, and I realize that ended up more hostile than I intended it to be. (it was intended to be a very good natured 'you fail' and may not have come across that way) I'm making this post in line with RMZ's "lets make this place not be a shithole" policy. I know it pisses me off when somebody regularly replies just to make me look stupid.

(By the way, Schala, you've milked that enough. I warned you that I wouldn't play, you begged me to anyway, and then I didn't play. What a surprise. That's as much your fault as it is mine, so cut it out. I didn't care enough to say anything until you brought it up again yesterday, to a forum that I won't link to because of site rules. Enough is enough, and you're well past that.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Feb 4 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #26

To See a Butterfly

QUOTE (waffles @ Feb 4 2009, 12:32 PM) *
I just had to try to point out for hilarity purposes, and I realize that ended up more hostile than I intended it to be. (it was intended to be a very good natured 'you fail' and may not have come across that way) I'm making this post in line with RMZ's "lets make this place not be a shithole" policy. I know it pisses me off when somebody regularly replies just to make me look stupid.

(By the way, Schala, you've milked that enough. I warned you that I wouldn't play, you begged me to anyway, and then I didn't play. What a surprise. That's as much your fault as it is mine, so cut it out. I didn't care enough to say anything until you brought it up again yesterday, to a forum that I won't link to because of site rules. Enough is enough, and you're well past that.)

lmao you're really dumb (and I don't use "lmao" much)

you just need to jam harder

+Quote Post
Spooky
post Feb 4 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #27

Rising in the Sun

HARDER

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Feb 4 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #28

To See a Butterfly

there are many things wrong with waffles' post but the funniest is him thinking DJ SCHALA's IIDX Tips® are some kind of attack on him

also he used the expression "YOU FAIL" earlier in the topic which is something dumb 4chan kids say

+Quote Post
darq
post Feb 4 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #29

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Schala @ Feb 5 2009, 09:31 AM) *
there are many things wrong with waffles' post but the funniest is him thinking DJ SCHALA's IIDX Tips® are some kind of attack on him

also he used the expression "YOU FAIL" earlier in the topic which is something dumb 4chan kids say

....is that Rie in your avatar!?

Agreed with everyone else: O2JAM harder I am a tool

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Wise Fool
post Feb 7 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #30

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (darq @ Feb 4 2009, 04:44 PM) *
I am a tool

Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself.

Really though I appreciate Waffles's understanding - and I now realize that postcount isn't the same as post quality or even seniority.

Ontopic: onehand playing can make you better at doubles.

--------------------
QUOTE(Xythar @ Jul 28 2008, 07:31 PM) *
QUOTE(Toph @ Jul 16 2008, 10:02 PM) *
VgameT has been appointed Honorary Hawaiian by the council.
does he have to renounce his citizenship for it

+Quote Post
waffles
post Feb 7 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #31

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (The Wise Fool @ Feb 7 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Ontopic: onehand playing can make you better at doubles.

And doubles is the same as playing onehanded except with double the awesome skill wise, and double the awesome funwise. Also very difficult to read. Although to be technical, Double Mirror Battle fits that idea even better, but =P.

So if onehand = awesome, doubles = aaaawwwwssssoooommmmeeee ... and playing doubles mei 5 times is... aaaaaaaaaa ..... you get the idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Wise Fool
post Feb 7 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #32

Dazzlin' Darlin

Oh yeah by the way Waffles I entered more scores and now you're winning in rival matchups

However a lot of those scores are HS ones from a loooooong time ago when I failed 6's.

Doubles is too tough. I can't even AAA 1's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toph
post Feb 9 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #33

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

QUOTE (waffles @ Feb 4 2009, 08:32 AM) *

This post, to me, kind of looks like an unwarranted personal attack.

We should probably ban Waffles.

Also, nah Darq, that's Miki lol. As in, the user from this site.

And you'd be surprised. I guess there are one handed players out there who don't use all five fingers. But all evidence we have is to the contrary of Schala's IIDX Tips; apparently, if you don't use all 5 fingers, it's easier to hard clear Pollinosis [a] ... but possibly only at the arcade, without a camera.

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
waffles
post Feb 9 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #34

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Toph @ Feb 9 2009, 10:57 AM) *
This post, to me, kind of looks like an unwarranted personal attack.

We should probably ban Waffles.

=P

I actually agree that I shouldn't have posted that there, a PM would have been much more appropriate. Personal attack... not so much... though it was venting in the wrong place due to being kind of pissed off. A ban would be a little much. A slap on the hand makes sense.

On topic: I used to play 1 handed and switched to 2 just because... well... it made progression reasonable. If I really cared I could switch back to 1, but IIDX is such a difficult game that not doing everything you can to make it easier on yourself just seems odd. Respect for those who can put up with it, but I'd like to pass a bunch of 12s someday and its not going to happen if I play 1h.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toph
post Feb 9 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #35

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

QUOTE (waffles @ Feb 9 2009, 06:36 AM) *
=P

I actually agree that I shouldn't have posted that there, a PM would have been much more appropriate. Personal attack... not so much... though it was venting in the wrong place due to being kind of pissed off. A ban would be a little much. A slap on the hand makes sense.

LOL yeah I'm just picking.

Anyway, getting better at IIDX in general (that is, 2-handed IIDX) will make you learn 1-handed IIDX faster. No shame in getting better with 2 hands first, because then you will be better at music games in general, and your hands will be stronger, so you'll be able to learn 1-handed IIDX sooner. Like, I hardly ever play 1-handed, but just because I'm good at IIDX in general, I can do weird things like pass Due Tomorrow [a] left-handed.

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
waffles
post Feb 9 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #36

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Also learning to do stuff one handed is really really useful when you hit scratch heavy trash. If you can have one hand dedicated to the scratches and maybe 1 and 2, and the other hand just take care of all the other notes, you're golden where someone who couldn't focus on scratching would get murdered (comparitive skill level yadda yadda yadda).

Haha, I know you were just pokin' at me =) Its all good TOUFF.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Wise Fool
post Feb 10 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #37

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (waffles @ Feb 9 2009, 11:20 AM) *
Its all good TOUFF.

I remember one time I was on #vjarmy and Schala thought I was Toph because "TWF" could be pronounced like that. Fun story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Feb 10 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #38

To See a Butterfly

nuh uh must have been a dirty Schala impersonator

I only ask "who's TWF," because I don't know who TWF is

I don't know these things. I don't know TWFangma!

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Mar 24 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #39

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

I started submitting scores to VJ a few weeks ago and I've added the one-handed players I've come across to my friends list on the vj scores so I can compare my scores with theirs,
it's just, most of them seem to have stopped submitting scores, like ASRIEL (May 06), MANIA (unsure), ALNLUK (April 07), KETCHP (Oct 08) and a few others, so I'm like comparing scores with people that have quit years ago and so on YESS Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif
Er so I'm just curious who are the good current one-handed players on VJ? btns.gif I'd just like to add them to my list for comparison and also to see what one-handed players have accomplished (outside of Japan that is) btns.gif

As for that 'using your joints' discussion earlier in this thread I've only really come across that in playing the dirty of loudness or chords like 1-3-4-6 (pointer finger knuckle on 3) or when the the scroll speed is too fast and I react
to a 5-6 chord using just my ring finger instead of the usual thumb on 5 and ring finger on 6. I suspect it's not very effective or adviseable using your joints but apparently one of the top 10 players here does or is that just a myth? dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post Mar 24 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #40

I think happiness is having something to believe in.

trip machina plays onehanded, and I think bong can play onehanded although he doesn't submit scores for it

I don't think there are any players who currently play solely onehanded. if they do it's just for training/novelty purposes so they don't have scores entered for it, unfortunately.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2018 - 05:30 AM